Imaginary Cards

VIP pass
Event - neutral - 0 inf - 0c

You may show VIP pass from your grip to the corp and remove it from the game.
When VIP pass is trashed, the corp may add it to its score area as an agenda worth 1 agenda point.
The runner have 1 additional influence when VIP pass is in his deck.

2 Likes

I really like the design idea of this one, but it needs some kind of time when you can trigger the reveal/remove from game mechanic. Maybe when the runner turn begins?

Another idea, what if instead of, (or in addition to), increasing influence, it decreased the minimum deck-size by two or three for each copy?

Been working on a similar card:

Covert Deals
Operation - Neutral - 0c
Draw a card.
You have 1 extra influence in your deck.
(Trash cost: 0)

My thinking is this: deckslots are a precious resource in Netrunner. This card allows you to “spend” deckslots on a card that is literally worse than drawing any other card in your deck. And its only purpose is to draw any other card in your deck. That, I feel, is enough of a price to pay.

No, the time trigger is free for the runner.

He may draw it and choose to show to loose his click now or been tagged in the middle of a Weyland / T&B NBN turn. Or, he choose to loose just a hand slot and get his free influence (risks & rewards).

He can also Quantity Time to 8 cards and decide to show it just before the end of the turn.

Faust & Street Peddler & The Professor are antisynergetic with it (Prof because any MWL cards in his deck will lower his inf back to 1).

You can make a decksize variant, but I’ve been thinking about this card since maybe Lunar. Minus 2 cards seems to be a right number (or more if you want a trigger and / or more agenda points).

Just got its title this morning that’s why I wrote it :wink:

This one gives 1 inf + minus 1 deck size. It’s much much stronger. On mine, loosing a click by “drawing for nothing” is on purpose.

It’s funny because we had the exact same idea in the begining : event 0c + 1 draw + 1 inf :wink:

Oh, definately. I still don’t think it will be a 3-of in all corp decks. It is literally the worst card in the game. Would you play that just to get another influence?

Yours ? Sure !
Mine ? Well, it got its price :wink:

Another in the long line of trying to make a bad pub card for weyland:

Bravado
●●○○○ (Weyland) 1c
Operation - Terminal
After you resolve this operation, end your action phase.
Rez an installed card with rez cost less than or equal to the number of bad publicity you have, ignoring all costs.
“Do anything with enough confidence and no one will question it”

I get that you are being careful, but I’m not sure that card needs to be terminal / as weak as it is. Like, to rez much of anything of importance you need > 3 bad pub. Which is basically saying all of your ice is gear check and all of your assets trash for free.

How about keeping it Terminal, saying you can only play it if you have bad pub, and it rezzes any one card? Mini-Eliza’s toybox with “have a bad pub” as the unlock instead of spending a turn?

Love the flavor, also.

Makes Corporate Town and Archer pretty fierce. I like it. It would need support in other Assets/ICE/Upgrades that have additional costs to rez, because right now that pool is really small.

It might also be worth rewording it a tad since you already have it Terminal:

Rez an installed card, reducing its rez cost by the number of bad publicity you have, ignoring all additional costs.

Rezzing any one card means GRNDL gets to rez curtain wall turn 1, which seems a bit too strong to me.

1 bad pub lets you rez corporate town and enforcer, 2 lets you rez Oberth Protocol. At 4 you can rez archer, but also lets you get round blackmail, rez reasonable ice under a siphon lock and so on. Plus its weyland - when aren’t your ice gear checks and your assets easily trashed ;).

Fountainhead - 3
Weyland Ice - Barrier - ••
Fountainhead can be advanced.
When you rez Fountainhead, put an advancement counter on it.
-> The Corp may move an advancement counter from Fountainhead to another card that can be advanced.
-> If Fountainhead has an advancement counter on it, end the run.
Str: 3

Because of the conditional ETR, I think this card can actually be cheaper…

It gets an advancement counter on rez, though, so it’s Wall of Static, but more (and un-Hunger-able). Why would it then be cheaper than Wall of Static?

What he said.

Ah, yeah. Excellent point.

My brother had a couple of good ideas for ids.

NBN: Always Watching
NBN - Identity: Megacorp 45/12
At the start of your turn, remove one tag
If the runner is not tagged, resolve the parenthetical text.
(At the start of the runners turn, give the runner one tag.)

It would make for an interesting ID that would get to use a different set of tag punishment cards from the ones currently played.

Ford Entertainment: Discover Yourself
HB - Identity: Division 45/15
You may spend click to install a non ambush agenda or asset in the root of a central server.

1 Like

Took me a while to wrap my head around your NBN id, but I like it now that I get it.

Ahh, sorry about that. I wasn’t sure how to format it, I figured something like Mausolus was the best way.

That NBN deck cries whenever it runs into a DLR deck. “Wait, I’m only tagged on my turn, and then I lose it during theirs? Fantastic!”

3 Likes