Imaginary Cards

A reversal type of event / operation.

Something like this:
“You can play this card only if the (opposite side : Runner / Corp) has more scored agenda points than you.
This card is not trashed until another reversal is played or if you add any agenda point to your score.”

With effects quite strong, like +1 click etc.

aka, something for Iain or kill corps, eventually. Leading to come backs.

Immune Response
Shaper - 2inf - 1c
Resource: Virtual - Stealth

1c: Reduce the trash cost of an installed card by three until the end of the run. Use this ability only by spending at least 1 credit from a stealth card, and only during a run.

3 Likes

Lock and Load
Weyland Op-Reversal-Black Ops

As an additional cost to make a run, the runner must take 1 meat damage.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

2 Likes

Yup, you got the spirit :wink:
Price should not super high, because the condition are hard enough, even if the effect is strong.

MAD
Cost: 2
Influence: 4
Weyland Operation-Black Ops

Play only if the runner is tagged.

Trash X agendas face up from HQ and do X meat damage.

Hit em’ with everything we got!

4 Likes

I like the card, but it doesn’t need to have the Stealth keyword itself. Only the money sources need the keyword.

Transparency
Trash: 4
Influence 2
Neutral - Asset
Unique

At the beginning of your turn, gain 2$ and draw 1 card.

You cannot play any Black Ops or Grey Ops operations

You have 0 Bad Publicity. Ignore all other cards that change the amount of Bad Publicity you have.

If the runner trashes Transparency, they cannot make any runs, (even through card effects), until the beginning of their next turn.

If the corporation trashes Transparency, take 2 Bad Publicity.

Nothing to hide…

Thoughts?

Frank And D
Weyland Asset-Hostile-Character
Rez: 1
Trash: 3
You may rez Frank and D only if the runner is tagged.
Click: Do 1 meat damage and gain 1 credit.

I would say we’ll make it quick…But this is going to hurt.

Agent Orange - 1
Weyland Ice - Sentry - ••
-> Look at the top 5 cards of R&D. You may put any number of them into Archives.
Str: 3
I can see clearly now…

3 Likes

So a draw filter? Could be interesting, like a Disposable HQ

Giza
Weyland ICE-Codegate
Rez: 5
Strength: 6
Inf: 2

Giza can be advanced.
-> Gain X. X is the number of advancement tokens on Giza.

Blizzard
Weyland ICE-Barrier
Rez: 2
Strength: 2
Blizzard can be advanced and gains +1 strength for each adv. token on it.
Whenever you advance Blizzard, you may place 1 advancement token on any number of cards named Blizzard.
-> End The Run. The Corp gains 1.

Void
Weyland ICE-Code Gate
Rez: 12
Strength: 8

Void can be advanced and its rez cost is lowered by 3 for every advancement token on it.
-> Give the runner 1 tag
-> Give the runner 1 tag
-> Give the runner 1 tag and end the run

Stare into it too long…

3 Likes

Did you make this one so you could build a leviathan deck?

2 Likes

I really like these, but I think Giza should be cheaper (1-3 would be fair, non-ETR code gates that don’t harm the runner are usually cheap, see Crick). Ice usually only fires once, so it has to be worth it.

Blizzard is great, but might need to be rez 3. It’s a really powerful effect that can get out of hand very quickly.

Void is great. I feel like it might be a bit too powerful, but it is expensive so why not.

Overtime
HB Operation-Terminal
Play: 3
Inf: 3
After you play this card, end your action phase.
Play only if the runner stole an agenda last turn. Gain a click when your next turn begins. If you do not score an agenda next turn, trash all cards from HQ when your next turn ends.

Very cool card, seems quite a lot worse than Biotic Labour though. Maybe get rid of the requirement or reduce the downside?

This card design is pretty great and I think would add a lot of fun dynamics to the game! As @whirrun said though I think you are waaaay overcosting it.

I think you could easily remove the steal requirement and drop the cost to even zero. I love the “Trash your hand if you don’t score” mechanic and I think that is what makes the card interesting. Since it’s Terminal, nothing screams “Play legwork now” like this card and it even gives the runner time to fetch / dig for a Clot to stop a fast advance play.

Something like this maybe?
Overtime
HB Operation-Terminal
Play: 0 - Trash: 2
Inf: 2
After you play this card, end your action phase.
Gain a click when your next turn begins. If you do not score an agenda next turn, trash all cards from HQ when your next turn ends.

Fake News
Criminal - 3 influence
Type: Current (so it includes basic current text.)

When an agenda is scored or stolen, install Fake News on that agenda as a hosted condition counter with the text: “hosted agenda’s text box is blank.”

“Well, I heard they put mind control chemicals food supply . . .”

5 Likes

The more strict rules lawyers can correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t this get trashed by a corp score before it triggers, as currents’ trashing effects are constant?

That’s what I was thinking. You might be able to fix it by saying “When an agenda is scored, instead of trashing Fake News do the thing” and then have a Damon tweet carved into a stone tablet.

5 Likes

You could also just remove the “if scored” part from the current text, leaving it to be trashed when another current is played or when its effect triggers. I admit that messing with subtype templates is not ideal.