Imaginary Cards

It even costs 1 to install?

Total Bullshit Brain Modification
3 cost. 2 inf. Shaper Hardware - Cybernetics

As an additional cost to install this card, trash an agenda from your score area. You cannot steal that card until your next turn.

Gain a click at the start of your turn. Gain an additional click and 1 brain damage if you have an additional copy of this card installed.

Woha, this one is really cool! Versatile, thematically Weyland and fun :slight_smile:

Austerity measures - Operation: double - Weyland - Cost : 4 - influence : 4

Each player forfeits an agenda

One Phone Call
Weyland Operation-Grey Ops- Triple
Play: 5
Inf: 5
As an additional cost to play this card, spend 2 Clicks.
Resolve any 1 of the following.

Gain 12
Do 6 Meat Damage if the runner is tagged
Install a Card and Advance it 3 Times
Rez a Card, ignoring All Costs
Trash Resources equal to the number of runs the runner made last turn. Gain 1 Bad Publicity.

Limit 1 per deck.

3 Likes

I think 5 effects is one too many, but I love the design. Possibly limit to one per deck or you have to forfeit an agenda to play it as well so it isn’t too strong.

I think the play cost should be much greater. Its like a super Biotic at a fraction of the cost. Boom without requiring 2 tags, OAI without the risk/drawback and a mini All-seeing eye without a tag requirement.

It should also probably have a trash cost. Even at 4 inf it could do a lot in a Ctm deck.

Edited to make a bit more fair.

Weyland could also use a proper defensive upgrade.

The Power of Money
Weyland - Upgrade
Rez 7 - Trash 4 - Inf: 4

When your rez The Power of Money, choose any card that is in play and host it on The Power of Money. Cards hosts on the The Power of Money are considered to have their text blocks blank. At the end of the turn on which you rezzed The Power of Money, add the hosted card back to the player’s hand of which it belongs and derez the The Power of Money.

2 Likes

Enemy of the State - 1
Weyland Operation - Gray Ops - •••
Play only if the runner is tagged.
The Runner reveals his or her grip. Choose a card from his or her grip and remove that card from the game. The Runner may trash all other cards in his or her grip to prevent this.
“Cover the exits. She’s here.” - Chief Slee

2 Likes

Calm before the Storm
Weyland Operation- Grey Ops- Triple
Play: 4
Influence: 5
As an additional cost to play this operation, spend 2 clicks.
The runner cannot prevent damage during the corp’s next turn.

"Breach in 3…2…1…" -Chief Slee

4 Likes

This could be a Terminal and still work. Additionally, this thing is SWEET! It really encapsulates the name and flavour too.

Slum Raids
Weyland Asset-Hostile
Rez: 2
Trash: 3
Whenever the runner makes a successful run, Trace 3. If successful, place 1 power counter on Slum Raids.
1 Power Counter: Trash 1 Connection
3 Power Counters: Do 3 meat damage
Time to take out the trash.-Argus Security unofficial motto

StickyNote.exe
Weyland ICE- Sentry-Tracer
Rez: 1
Strength: 3
If there is an installed AI when the runner encounters this card, do 1 meat damage.
-> Trace 4: If successful, give the runner 1 tag
-> Do 1 meat damage if the runner is tagged.
Gets on your back. Damned hard to get rid of.-The Late Whizzard

More funky meat damage in the vein of Chief Slee and Door to Door. Hoping to start to phase from Ops based to asset or ICE based kill.

2 Likes

Locust Cloud
Weyland ICE-Sentry-Illicit
Rez: 10
Strength: 7
When you rez Locust Swarm, take 1 Bad Publicity.
-> Trash all programs.

We’ve revamped Burke’s original design with advanced targeting subroutines and kill code authorization.- Liz Campbell, VP Project Security

“fck fck fck fck fck fck fck fck fck fck f*ck”__-The Late Whizzard

2 Likes

I love it in a vacuum, but I feel like Batty just makes it horrifyingly broken.

2 Likes

Yeeeesh, forgot about our friend Batty. Then again, Rumor Mill probably puts an end to that.

Maybe a rule for a new subtye (like clicking by bioroid or taking bad pub with illicit) could fix that superpowerful subroutines, in that way you can do even more powerful ice without the danger of breaking the game with cards like batty, my idea:
ICE subtype -> Autonomous (or Independent word doesn’t matter at all):
This ICE can’t be targeted by Sysop, connection or character abilities

What do you think? with this idea subroutines like “Do 4 damage” or “Trash all programs can be played around”

There are more elegant ways to get around this issue than card text that flat out states you can’t (especially since netrunner doesn’t have targetting as verbiage and you’ll need something a lot more wordy to cover all use cases). For example have two subs:

Sub1: Put a power counter on this
Sub2: Spend a power counter for {effect}

A single batty would be able to fire the second sub but it wouldn’t have any effect (sans you putting more shenanigans to get a power counter on there, in which case you deserve a reward for your effort).

I didn’t pretend to use an exact wording but exposing the idea (i’ it can be defined very well for rules purpose).
Anyway, your idea is very good but i wanted to prevent things like Corporate troubleshooter or future assets that difficult breaking subs, not just batty.

So there was a thread where someone proposed some house rules he had been experimenting with that led to many psi Ice losing their primary Ice typing and becoming Psi only.

I think that is a little extreme but there may be some interesting design space for type-less Psi Ice. I think it is somewhat important while considering this that this ice should probably never end the run or do net damage so econ is a great option here and makes the ice an interesting choice (especially in Nisei Division)

Ōkura-shō
Jinteki – ICE – PSI (No standard ice type)
Rez – 0 Strength- 0 Inf - 2

→ You and the Runner secretly spend 0c, 1c, or 2c. Reveal spent credits. If you and the Runner spent The Same number of credits, the corp gains 1c.
→ You and the Runner secretly spend 0c, 1c, or 2c. Reveal spent credits. If you and the Runner spent The Same number of credits, the corp gains 1c

On this ice it seems probable that the corp will always spend 0, so it effectively becomes the runner can pay 1 to prevent this. The math ends up pretty close to Pop-up Window but has a higher ability to gain money but no ability to end the run.

Ōkura-kyō
Jinteki – ICE – PSI (No standard ice type)
Rez – 2 Strength- 1 Inf - 3

→ You and the Runner secretly spend 0c, 1c, or 2c. Reveal spent credits. If you and the Runner spent a different number number of credits, the runner gains 1c, the corp gains 3c
→ You and the Runner secretly spend 0c, 1c, or 2c. Reveal spent credits. If you and the Runner spent a different number number of credits, the runner gains 1c, the corp gains 3c.

I’m not sure on the numbers of this one, I actually really like Jinteki’s cards that help the runner while helping themselves. Most of the time, the runner won’t to spend anything since it would negate any gains but the amount the corp gains is so much more they may want to spend 1 to prevent the corp from gaining an effective 2. They can do this twice and its a PuP to get thru. However, if at any point the corp spends the 0 they get a massive 3c from 1 sub. The corp can also spend 2 to almost guarantee getting 1c profit if they really really need it.

Fumiko makes these cards possibly problematic but there is enough asset hate that it might be ok…

edit: forgot influence

2 Likes

Heck, I bet a certain Argus Chief that’s got a pallet full of Boomex would LOVE to see a bunch of ICE that’s always going to fire the subs.