It's not that hard, and she's pretty hardcore - Leela Patel

Care to share? I’m wondering about influence–I want the Utopia Shard and the Stimhack but also want 2 Lucky Finds…

Yeah I’ve heard the arguments for Li over Earthrise and I remain unconvinced. It almost seems to parallel the Leela console choice. Li’s ability to dig would be a bit better for reactionary play (ala Logos) while Earthrise’s draw being less click-intensive seems better for more constant pressure (ala Desperado).

My lists? For the most part, standard Cerberus fare. The majority of my Leela games were with this list or some slight variation of it. The most recent iteration of that list is here. I’ve been on Earthrise and off Garrote from the very start. In your shoes, I believe I originally cut the second Lucky Find to make room for Stimhack and Utopia Shard. I more recently cut the Datasuckers to fit the second Lucky Find back in, and then I most recently cut Lucky Finds for Day Jobs (providing influence for RDI #3). My only two losses with this list were both to RP Glacier decks. The Li list I was playing was most similar to the second link above, but with +2 Lucky Find, +1 Inside Job, +2 Mr. Li, -2 Earthrise, -1 R&D Interface, -2 Day Job.

As commented on much earlier up-thread, I have also spent some amount of time tweaking a Switchblade Leela deck in reaction to my RP Glacier losses with the above lists, and I slotted its record alongside my Earthrise Leela record from the above deck. While I currently have Refractor and Cloak in there for a more complete stealth suite, I was originally running it with Switchblade, Silencers, Datasuckers, Yog, and Atman. Still not quite sure which I prefer. Though that deck has performed significantly better in the RP match-up, it gave up a lot of speed that hurts it in the NEH match-up. My only loss with this list is to NEH AstroBiotics, but I’ve also only played this deck 8 times.

4 Likes

Why all the love for the always mediocre Mr. Li?
Now that crim actually has real card-draw from Earthrise I’ve been happy to relegate Mr. Li to a permanent binder slot.

Can Earthrise draw you that 1-of that is the last card in your deck? (I’m not advocating the use of Li in Leela though!)

For an additional credit you get 6 “free” cards in hand. To see more cards than the Earthrise you have to use Mr Li 7 times and this doesn’t account for drawing into additional Earthrise that have value compared to additional Mr Li. Sure, you might see cards somewhat faster if you spend entire turns clicking Mr Li but there are very few cases where that’s correct play.

1 Like

I was a Mr Li junky. I played one game with Earthrise. I’m sold.

1 Like

Earth rise/Day Job makes sense.

Alright, so now we know who’s genome to start with for Psi talen :smiley:

1 Like

Had great fun and good succes today with this list:

Event (19)
1x Stimhack (Core Set) •
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)

Hardware (6)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••• •

Resource (10)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) •
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)

Icebreaker (10)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
1x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)

Program (1)
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
46 cards (min 45)

Started playing Leela a week ago and she is great. Going to test this build some more but you should give her a go.

2 Likes

Is anyone else underwhelmed by Legwork in Leela? It’s rare that it hits currently (im also seeing a lot of Crisium Grid) or is weak, sometimes because of her ability. I’m wondering if 2x sneakdoor is better with a 1x Legwork or something else. Thoughts?

Also on a different topic, I’m loving 2x SOT!

1 Like

I’ve been underwhelmed with Sneakdoor. It is much more likely that SecTest comes before Sneakdoor, in which case Archives is ICE’d by the time you can Beta. Sure, it might be cheaper than running at HQ, but you’re stuck Sneaking for single accesses which doesn’t seem worth the 2 MU or the 4 install.

Actually isn’t it a little bit bad? If you draw your Day Jobs with Earthrise you can’t play them without having to discard, if you have a full hand. I had one Ed Kim iteration in which I quickly realized this was an issue the one night I played the deck.

@Cerberus and @moistloaf I must disagree! Legwork and Sneakdoor are like two of the best power plays in Leela. What else would you run?

I run two Sneakdoor–try it out. Get it early, wreak havoc.

If you have five cards in hand when Earthrise triggers, yes. If you have four or fewer, not so much.

Yup. Even though I don’t play Day Jobs, I often try to end my turns with four cards in hand if I have an Earthrise installed, in case I need to spend 3 clicks doing something next turn and don’t want to discard anything.

Shame we didn’t get paired together! Would’ve loved to kick your butt. :wink:

Why the Zu over a 2nd Passport and/or Rex? 2 influence could get you a Scavenge for example, which has a very nice surprise factor in Crim. Just thinking out loud here though…

1 Like

I was sitting at the top table every round, waiting for you, but you didn’t show up :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t consider a 2nd passport. But the Zu/2nd Rex is a tricky call. Zu is indeed influence but it does some work. Low install cost and permanent remote threat unlike Rex. I’m not sure yet what I prefer. And I actually think both are viable.

Not sure about the Scavenge. Don’t see much use for it? Renew a Rex? Just put in 2x Rex and use 2 influence on Lucky Find? Get a breaker back you lost? Got 2x corroder, don’t lose breakers, faerie protection vs shutdown? I only have like 10 Leela games in so definitely not an expert. i’ll experiment with the 2 influence a bit. TME might be nice too, but perhaps also overkill.

I played this at a store champ yesterday, I got 2nd (and thus the bye) but only because NEH Grailbiotics went 6-0. I think it needs 2 Plascretes, I got flatlined a bunch. Utopia Shard might have helped. Indeed, I think I will take out the Lucky Find, go back to Stimhack+Utopia Shard, and probably switch to 3 Kati/2 Sec Test. Zu13 is fine here, I like that change. Earthrise is dope, Mr. Li is going back in the box forever.

CerBalWaukeeShire v2

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (19)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
1x Lucky Find (Double Time) [color=#708090]••[/color]
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#32CD32]••••• •[/color]

Resource (9)
2x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (9)
2x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]••[/color]

Program (1)
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

Sooo, honest question: why aren’t crims just playing 3x Rex for their codegate solution and calling it a day?