It's not that hard, and she's pretty hardcore - Leela Patel

cause it sucks to have them sit in your hand. even with 2, playing passport against some decks you know you might need your second later, so you have to keep it effectively making your hand size 4. that’s the reason IMO

Nice. I find that Utopia is a big hitter v. Scorch decks.

A little bit off the beaten path, maybe somone likes it:

leela inside

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (17)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (6)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]

Resource (11)
2x Bank Job (Core Set)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (8)
1x Atman (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]•••[/color]
1x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]••[/color]

Program (3)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•••[/color]
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Might swap a Sucker for Utopia shard…? And maybe I should give earthrise another shot.

1 Like

Here’s mine, served me well today. I don’t think I ever want to play an Atman-less deck ever again.

4 Likes

I think between Lotus Field and Eli, Atman looks better and better in Criminal. 2 of the worst pieces of ICE for me when I play Leela.

I am a bit sad I didn’t see the Earthrise reception in here before the tournament this weekend, that definitely would have been good to try out before the next store championship.

I am seeing some people running 2 and others running 3 (I was just running 2 Li). Any thoughts on reasons to run 2 vs 3? And if you do run 3, how often do you think you would install the third?

2 is leaner, and has a better chance of showing up after a but of infrastructure. Earthrise is an interesting card in that unlike most draw, which is best for assembling your rig, earthrise is better for maintaining pressure and tempo during phases of action.

earthrise also steps on its own dick if you’re not holding/have installed the economy to power the cards it’s drawing–and 2 copies makes that a bit cleaner. So I think 2-3 copies is based on how much economy you’re playing, because if your deck runs hot, 3 earthrise hotels might make you too broke to keep up with them.

If you want to go through your entire deck in longer games, play three. I do, because I have no SoTs and some of the power events just as 2-ofs, so the third Earthrise is good.

Also useful to draw through all those stupid Desperados that always wait until midgame to show up, and then do so two at a time :smiley:

1 Like

Original title of this thread needs to be changed.

‘The truth is, Leela is pretty hard. core.’

2 Likes

She helped take a bunch of store championships recently. I wonder if her time as dark horse is over and she’s gonna start getting some wider attention.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t even understand the original thread title. Is it implying “I’ve tried to play with Leela and have found that in fact it is a challenging ID to play?”

'Cause Leela is super good and I don’t think I’ve lost a game with her in casual/OCTGN play for a few weeks now.

@mediohxcore can you get the site mods to change the title of this thread to what @spags suggested.

Actually I think @CobraBubbles has the power to edit the original title.

Looks like she won in Chicago this weekend too. Joe Mann brought it down with Leela at the future site of IL’s only Regional.

2 Likes

It’s a historical thing, i think. If you look at the early posts in this thread, they were trying super hard to figure out all the weird cards to synergize with the ability. As it turns out, the simple answer is that playing like a regular aggressive criminal is what best synergizes with the ability.

4 Likes

Right. They were having a hard time, when they should’ve been playing strong Blue cards all along.

Way to go, Joe Mann! He can join us at the bye table (I’m saving mine for Chicago or the FFG center).

Only the OP should change the title. I was just kidding. Don’t set the precedent of having the site admins modifying things.

1 Like

As I mentioned over in the winning decklist thread, I played Leela at our recent store championship (3rd place!). I called an audible the night before because I didn’t think my Valencia deck was strong enough, and so I settled on this very familiar-looking Leela deck. It went 3-3 on the day, and I’m pretty sure it was 99% due to inexperience - I played two practice games with it on OCTGN, which went well.

I really, really don’t like Mr. Li. I had him in hand every game and not once did I ever want to actually install him and use him. If I keep playing this deck - which, now that I’ve actually seen the potential of Leela, I probably will - I’m thinking two Earthrise instead. I’m addicted to Earthrise.

I also swapped the 1-of Stimhack for a 1-of Day Job; I’m not convinced it would made a difference either way (I only saw it in one game, where I had a window to play it the following turn). I would’ve liked to have found room for Bank Job, since (as expected) the championship meta was almost entirely RP and NEH (with a single PE). Would’ve been solid money all day.

Yeah I was mostly kidding too. Just wanted Ms. (Mrs.?!) Patel to have a badass thread title for her.

I AM THE SITE MODS >:D

6 Likes

The thread title is a reference to Leela’s flavor text: “I’d say I do it for the challenge, but the truth is it’s not that hard.”

Seems like she was trying to give us pretty good advice considering the answer ended up settling on ‘use the strong blue cards’.

3 Likes

It’s amazing to me how a new ID or archetype framework comes out and people take it as a license to cut autoinclues. I refused to take Leela seriously for a long time in large part because everyone was playing Logos. (Although it was probably the single biggest instance of me misevaluating a card right off the bat).

5 Likes

I feel like a perfectly piloted (with a bit of luck cause that’s always necessary) Leela deck is as strong as a perfectly piloted PP Kate.