It's not that hard, and she's pretty hardcore - Leela Patel

I believe as the active player, you can stack in your preference, having Gang Sign fire before the bounce.

I love Gang Sign in Leela, and am looking forward to Fisk Seminar.

Here’s my current.

Shadow boxing

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (16)

Hardware (9)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (10)

Program (2)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for reports of Gang Sign + HQI. Seems sooooo good!

I was trying to figure out why your deck seemed to have so much more room than mine: you’re not running ERH or Mr Li. Does lack of card draw hurt you at all these days?

As a slight correction, you’re not the active player in this case; it’s the corp’s turn. However, both triggers are Leela’s so I think she can pick the order.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet. Had Visage. Price one pays for extra tools. This may be shitty, and not have enough money. Hoping to keep up HQ pressure. Will prob. rejigger once FIS hits.

It’s solid on its own, but becomes a real, powerful strategy with investment seminar.

2 Likes

My list is below. It includes the changes I mentioned above, and before that the list has changed very little for months (Bank Job went in instead of SOT at one point since I wasn’t using it very much, and Plascrete came in instead of Emergency Shutdown because I was sick of being murdered by butchershop which was everywhere in madison for a bit).

Notably I’m missing a few tools you’re able to run (+2 Emergency Shutdown, +1 Special Order, +1 Sneakdoor) from Mr Li, but having him has been really important. I’m sort of agnostic about Mr Li vs Earthrise, since I know most people have moved on to ERH but I don’t have that pack and I don’t feel like ERH is $14 better than Mr Li, so in he stays for now.

Leela Pressure (gang sign)

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (13)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (6)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (12)
2x Bank Job (Core Set)
2x Gang Sign (The Underway)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) [color=#708090]•[/color]

Icebreaker (10)
2x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)
2x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (4)
3x Medium (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••• ••••[/color]
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

No doubt. Then, the safeness of HQ becomes a ‘fish-in-a-barrel’ scenario.

Back in my day, son, Criminals just plain ol’ CLICKED for cards.

5 Likes

Is this basically because FIS makes HQI better as well? I don’t see the synergy between FIS and Gang Sign on their own.

1 Like

We know, gramps, we know.

2 Likes

Shutdown is so strong in Leela. Pairs so well with her, esp. if you can Sneak in.

3 Medium seems excessive, but fine.

The only issue is that Leela tends to go Tag Me at times, and enter Siphon Town. Li loses all luster in such scenarios (ERH even more so).

3 Likes

All of these work together. FIS floods the hand, meaning, if they want to score, they now have more shite they have to hide, deal with, or just lose.

3 Likes

I usually find that Li is awesome when you’re floating tags. People don’t respect him enough to trash him, and he doubles the speed of your next siphon digging. Similar to the marked v. PAD debate.

1 Like

Shutdown is definitely super strong and I miss it terribly (I was running 2x for a while). However, not so good against NEH in my experience especially since I can femme the tollbooth and I’ve not had any issues beating Blue Sun lately without it (we don’t have any dedicated blue sun players at the store, so people playing it are usually rusty with it). If glacier picks up in Madison or someone starts playing Bootcamp, ES will find its way back in.

Medium is 100% a playstyle choice. I love the way my games feel when I get an early Medium on the board, since it makes both players change their games to accommodate for its presence. I’ve long felt it would be better as 2x or as 3x RDI, but it’s part of the experience for me :smiley:

I wouldn’t mind being able to go tag-me easier, but honestly it’s super hard to do as Criminal these days anyway unless you’re near the end of the game. Sec Testing is pretty important on its own, and I can’t really think of any Criminal who can go with out resourced based draw, Sec Testing and Kati (unless you’re playing FA). Tag-me feels off the table for now, but FIS might switch the balance there since it makes your draw event based instead.

Mine always gets trashed, though sec testing gets trashed first. Mr Li helps there nicely because he usually makes sure my second sec testing is still in the stack, instead of in the trash. So I can play it again to waste corp time later.

Full stop. They always underestimate him, until you’ve used him a shit-ton.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if a Muertos Gang/Forged Activation Orders combo could work nicely in Leela. Those three cards seem made for each other. Leela has the best shot at being able to pop Muertos for the free card draw when corp is either out of ice or has his few meager pieces rezzed.

2 Likes

That’s sort of true, but if you’ve got enough ICE off the table and they’re credit denied enough that forged would hurt, then I think the right course with Leela isn’t to spend 2 clicks trying to get rid of 1 ice but instead to apply your pressure to further snowball. It feels like monkeying around with MGM is going to slow Leela down right when you want to be speeding up.

I could be missing something and I should probably play with it, but it feels like too much work at a crucial moment.

anything new with her with the latest releases?

I slotted HQI and Gang Sign into my version, but I’ve been playing Geist since Gang Sign released :smiley:

1 Like

I’m working on Faust/drug dealer Leela, I’ll toss a list up later after I get a few more games in.

That being said, I’m pretty sure the new best Corp deck totally invalidates Leela’s ability, so maybe it just won’t be worth it.

3 Likes