Icebreaker Icebreaker (6)

1x Atman
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 ☆☆
2x Cyber-Cypher
1x Femme Fatale •
Program Program (5)

3x Magnum Opus
2x Self-modifying Code

The great shaper debate. It’s been the heart of the discussion for every Shaper since Kate.

4 Likes

Been running this on Jnet, having a lot of fun but I’m still having trouble using Vamp properly, as in “oh he’s broke but I can’t get through the damn Wraparound on R&D he rezzed earlier anyway”. Never fired Code Siphon once, not sure if that thing is good against anything other than Popup, since Gutenberg/DR will give you a tag anyway.

Jessies Stimshop

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (19)
1x Code Siphon (The Source)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Stimhack (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•••[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]

Hardware (7)
1x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
2x Maya (Kala Ghoda)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (6)
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
1x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains) [color=#32CD32]☆☆[/color]
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]•[/color]
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]

Program (7)
1x Clot (The Valley) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I played Jes in a tournament this weekend. In my meta, every single corp ICE’d HQ before R&D. Even with ICE on R&D, most corps were not rezzing it to make sure they could rez ICE on HQ to prevent a Vamp/Siphon run.

In short, they played against Jes exactly the same as if she were a criminal, with Shaper-tutoring on the board. This is probably the correct call.

4 Likes

This is the deck that I piloted last night at a local GNK (6:30 start time, 17 people, no cut because nobody wanted to stay that late), going 3-1 loosing to a Blue Sun power shutdown combo in the final match.

Stealth Jes

Event (11)

Hardware (12)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (6)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

5 Likes

I like your list. I really like the idea of stealth in Jes, she is good at pressuring early, and taking advantage of whichever server has the lightest ICE.

I find a main weakness of stealth is servers stacked to drain the stealth credits for one of your breakers, have you considered an Escher to rearrange ICE to more favorable terms? Or do you find ICE spread enough that you don’t need to worry about this?

1 Like

Agreed. I think Escher is too important not to play with both Maya and Stealth breakers.

4 Likes

I like the idea, but the money problem is real.

Escher would be a great idea, I built the deck an hour or two beforehand and didn’t give it consideration at the time. Also considering testing several people’s suggestions to swap HQI for a Vamp.

Did you play against any FA? In my experience, Stealth is a little slow to get started, which can struggle without the clot threat.

I’m not really sure what the Spark deck was trying to do, if it was FA or not. He did have a SanSan behind a tollbooth in his scoring remote, and I stole beales and astros, but he also scored a food so I’m not sure if he was all in on the FA or not. I won without a breaker installed. Two of my RDIs and my HQI showed up quickly in that game and between the siphon recursions and trashing every asset on sight he had a hard time getting his economy off the ground. I ran through the pop-up windows and paid to beat the trace on the data raven. The other decks I played against were a take on foodcoats with next ice and batty, an IG deck, and a Blue sun power shutdown combo deck (it was my only loss).

I also think you can sidestep the stealth/clot problem by simply running one of Chakana. You certainly have the mem for it and it shouldn’t be too, too hard to get 3 counters on that sucker against fast advance.

After all, how often do you need all three cloaks against fast advance?

FA already slots CVS for Clot, so Chakana seems like a non-starter.

Chakana works against all corps, not just FA. Scoring out a 6-advanced agenda is difficult for any corp.

Clot and Chakana are both vulnerable to CVS, I’m not sure that Clot offers such an advantage given the inflated price of Clone Chips now.

Really cool list, I think that stealth is a good option for Jesminder.

On a more general level…The main problem that I’m facing playing on jinteki.net is that everyone expects Account Siphon, and if you don’t land it asap, you are pretty much in a rough shape.
I am thinking of dropping AS for a mix of burst econ ( LF maybe) and resource econ ( ghost runner + Kati or daily casts). What are your thoughts on that? Do you think it’s worth playing Jes just to trigger her ability as much as possible with maya and forego the siphon spam?

I think it’s doable to get rid of the siphon spam, but I’m not entirely sure it’s worth it. If you’re looking to just trigger her ability with Maya it’s fine, but Maya is a great console even if you do take the tag.

If I were to get rid of the Siphon spam that would free up a lot of deck slots and influence. Off the top of my head, I probably go with a mono-shaper rig combining lady and the stealth breakers. Something like, -2 Siphon, -3 SoT, -1 Silencer, -1 Corroder, -1 Refractor, -1 Dagger, +1 D4v1d, +1 Clot, +3 Clone Chip, +2 Lady, +2 whatever you want (probably scavenge, modded or ProCo). The clots would help with FA and Clone Chips for program destruction. Davids would help with archer. But at that point I’d rather just port the deck into Kate for the econ.

I was tinkering with this list

Event (15)
2x Stimhack (Core Set) ••
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Modded (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••
2x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) ••

Hardware (9)
2x Maya (Kala Ghoda)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x Lockpick (Opening Moves)

Resource (10)
2x Scrubber (A Study in Static) ••
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Snowball (Trace Amount)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Dagger (Creation and Control)
1x Refractor (First Contact)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)

Program (7)
3x Cloak (Creation and Control)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
1x Clot (The Valley) ••

12 influence spent (maximum 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

And it works well. I tried the very same list with Kate ( only difference was -1 clone chip and -1 lady, +1 corroder) and while I saved something like 7-8 credits on the set up I also noticed the tempo hit of running rd with Maya, triggering the ability and then clearing the tag. Seemed pretty goog though

my jes ideas are like this currently, to start:

jes3 (45 cards)

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain

Event (11)
3 Diesel
1 Indexing
1 Legwork
1 Notoriety
1 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble
1 Vamp

Hardware (8)
3 Clone Chip
2 Maya
1 Net-Ready Eyes
2 R&D Interface

Resource (11)
3 Daily Casts
1 Kati Jones
1 Same Old Thing
1 Scrubber
2 Symmetrical Visage
3 Technical Writer

Icebreaker (9)
1 Cyber-Cypher
2 Deus X
1 Femme Fatale
1 Gingerbread
1 Inti
1 Mimic
2 Sharpshooter

Program (6)
1 Clot
2 Panchatantra
3 Self-modifying Code

Built with [URL=http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/vaBWGh6aMrniieRdk]http://netrunner.meteor.com/[/URL]

anti proco, anti mopus, cheap stuff so don’t have to slot modded is the idea
it’s any good? unsure.
the snowballs seem fine in decks here post mwl, but i think theres a cohesive idea here, just no idea before much more testing if it’s a good direction.

Been tinkering with the following. I think the console is pretty great, the extra card you can see off RnD with Maya is not nothing, reminds me a little of early accesses with noise where you’d peel a card off after you saw it by installing a virus, and then run again.

I don’t think going all in on self tagging is the right call for Jes. Maya itself is a fine use of her ability. Vamp for glacier matchups, and she works great against kill decks as is.

Breaker suite is stolen from Noah’s Book Of Kate deck. Only thing worrying me so far is high strength sentries, unlike PPVP kate this deck isnt really going for the once a turn power run, its trying to be a bit more aggro and repeated runs through an assassin will wear D4v1D out pretty damn quick.

I think 2x CyCy is correct in terms of decoders. Really, with maya out early the game should become very, very RnD focused i think. Scavenge has lots of targets but can also shift CyCy around if you need remote pressure.

I almost think the RDi’s are a little redundant considering the console. I’m also giving thought to going down the demon kate route and including imp to surgically peel through RnD. Anyway, testing is needed.

JS Beta

Event (17)

Hardware (9)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (8)

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

If i see you play anything other than Kate, im icing HQ first, not RD. Cuz i assume your up to some dumb shit. Just saying.

12 Likes