[Jesminder Sareen] No, Masanori Doesn't Work

Is simple. Modded all cards. Modded RDIs, Modded Maya, Modded one Gordian Blade. Modded everything, make big RDI dig, win

6 Likes

If Maya/Jesminder also had text that let you play 6 copies of Modded I would never play another ID again.

9 Likes

I do like the idea of Multithreaders with Moddeds and the extra MU. Plenty o’ targets, focus on smashing RD, but also have flexible breakers to get into remotes. Can’t really do the Opus though with Threaders.

2 Likes

My initial thoughts, apropos of nothing:

1. Vamp and MOpus seems like a bit of a trap. Unless you’re doing something like Beckman, you don’t really have a lot of resources to defend. Your econ has to be MO in order to consistently be able to pull off and recover from Vamp, so you don’t have resource econ. Vamp isn’t going to consistently make your ability fire more than once or twice, so it’s likely to fall in the “better as Kate” category.
  2. I don’t think going heavy in siphon splashing is good. We will never be able to compete with tag me Maxx as a siphon deck, and with Maxx looking to be on the rise corps will be ready for it. Once Jes hits the table, corps will hopefully expect siphon or vamp and waste valuable resources on protecting HQ, leaving R&D easier to attack. One siphon seems good, just to keep the Corp honest.
  3. Maya plus resource econ/draw seems to be the best reason to run Jes outside of meta calls. Lots of resources means Career Fair is probably a good splash.
  4. Maya seems capable of snowballing well if you can get a quick R&D lock, as you can prevent the Corp from getting Jackson or ice they need to break the lock. This means you want efficient and cheap breakers as much as possible. Cycy over gordian. Stealth is probably much too slow.

With those thoughts in mind, I’ve landed on the following list for initial testing. Probably terrible, but it’s a starting point.

Event Event (14)

1x Account Siphon ••••
2x Career Fair ••
3x Diesel
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Scavenge
1x Stimhack •
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware Hardware (9)

3x Clone Chip ☆☆☆
2x Maya
1x Plascrete Carapace
3x R&D Interface

Resource Resource (10)

3x Daily Casts
2x Kati Jones
2x Personal Workshop
3x Professional Contacts

Icebreaker Icebreaker (7)

1x Atman
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 ☆
1x Cyber-Cypher
1x Inti
1x Mimic •
1x Sharpshooter
1x ZU.13 Key Master
Program Program (5)

1x Clot ••
1x Crescentus •
3x Self-modifying Code

1 Like

I personally won’t be trying the Vamp angle; not sure whether it’s the optimal way to go or not. I think Siphon & Maya are the best ways to leverage this ID. Being able to Siphon click 3 seems good. I think 2 is probably the correct number. A Levy seems reasonable to give you staying power in slogfests.

I can’t see how Maya isn’t a good console. Infinite Imp on RND seems pretty damn good, and enough of a reason to play this ID. It’s potentially better than Imp, because the Corp can’t Jackson those cards back into RND. Bidding 0’s on TFPs and then burying them seems decent, too.

Only a week or so til we can all find out for ourselves!

5 Likes

The nice thing about Maya is that it is +2MU for 3c and one card; its extra power is in my mind marginal but maybe useful sometimes :slight_smile: I find that all my shapers could really use +2MU as the game goes on, so getting it out of the console for cheap seems pretty good.

Oh wait, this isn’t “The Maya Y/N Thread”, it’s about Jesminder.

Well, uh… I wish she had a link or more influence or something? Would be aces high if her ability were something like: once a turn, prevent all tags during a run. That’d be neat. Or even if it weren’t Skornergy with that one bike hardware or Johnny Masanori.

I would not trust MO / Vamp as a plan as we head into a Rushy McRusherstein meta, but maybe I’m wrong and it’s going to be a sequel to a movie nobody really enjoyed the first time around, Glaciertown :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

This is what I’ll probably be starting with. We’ll see where it goes.

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (18)

Hardware (8)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (7)

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

4 Likes

Just as a heads-up, Dorm Computer doesn’t work with John Masanori, so I’m assuming Sareen won’t either.
Source: How do Dorm Computer and John Masanori interact? | Android: Netrunner

or you’re actually taking the tag from Data Raven like normal. if ‘dies to Data Raven’ is really the problem, just run Hunting Grounds? i think the concern of Data Raven is all irrespective of Maya or Jesminder either way.

as for when to fire it, i don’t think you just spam every non-agenda you see, whether or not you can afford the tag. a Hedge Fund is a good target in a vacuum, sure, but it really depends on the board state and what deck you’re up against. the primary targets are going to be dependent upon the board state at the time as well as obvious combo pieces; don’t have your decoder yet and see an Enigma on the top of R&D? might be worth it to throw it down to the bottom. playing against Weyland and see a Scorched Earth? sure, if you can clear that tag, you bet i’ll be throwing that down to the bottom. even Jackson or Caprice might be good targets, saving you credits (assuming the tag is free with Jesminder; and even if not, you pay a tag to keep it out of reach of the corp with things like Interns and Team Sponsorship, again, game dependent)

sure ‘the next card could be better’ is true, but that same argument could be used for credits or Imp to trash something. the only difference is that it’s more out of reach unless you’re running Shannon Claire. no card in the corp’s deck should be a terrible card. you’re just skipping down cards you really don’t want them to have right now. and if they draw a Tollbooth while broke, sure, let them have it. i honestly don’t see the problem there.

i was thinking about something really similar. Cyber-Cypher for early-game access to R&D, and then Code Siphon to grab Femmes and Torches so you can get access to everything else (and easier access to R&D). i’ll probably try 1 or 2 Account Siphon though, since with Magnum Opus, Modded, etc., Code Siphon almost seems superfluous. but with Account Siphon, you can siphon money (and get rich in the process), then hit R&D while they’re too poor to rez anything

another/complementary option would be Multithreader or other recurring credits for runs, so you can Code Siphon R&D with recurring credits and not actually spend real credits to get your big breakers, then runs become cheaper (and you’re using recurring currency anyway on at least one of those runs)

1 Like

I’ve played this combo in a tag-me Nasir deck. It’s actually good (though I’d have been much happier running this out of Jes than Nasir). Against NBN, Account Siphon encourages Pop-Up on R&D, which makes Code Siphon even better.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I don’t have a decklist to share, but I’m wondering what your thoughts are about Chakana? I see Maya and see cheap MU, and multiple runs on R&D; why not add Chakana to pressure the corp’s ability to score?

I’ve used Chakana before, and it is very annoying for the corp, but it was kinda slow to setup and mostly gummed up my rig.

I think adding value to the runs on RnD is good, so its more worth your dollars. The downside to this particular RnD card is that it can be purged with CVS.

Very true, but if you slow the corp down by a couple clicks and force them to react, is that enough value for the card?

Here I’m thinking of Chakana as a replacement for Clot. It is not 100% equivalent, but it is a 0-influence solution to a similar problem, the main downside has always been it needs to combo off of repeated R&D accesses, which we seem to be building this ID/archetype around anyways. In that context, it’s a better Clot that can be recharged without using a Clone Chip, and just off of what you are doing anyways.

1 Like

Also a solid idea, and you might be right about Code Siphon. It’s more one of my favorite cards, and I want it to be awesome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s great for installing your icebreakers, unfortunately you need your icebreakers to install it.

It could combo with econ denial, since a poor corp can’t rez ICE, but they still give the install discount, but it is difficult to manufacture such situations.

The way I see it is you play it mid-to-late game to find torch + femme and make R&D cheaper, or you femme to bust a remote. All of this necessitates regular shaper play and remote control before you get there.

That said, 3 of them is probably overkill.

1 Like

game 1 went okay, happened to be versus sync. didnt land an acct or code siphon, failed to see any of my smc, lost my corroder to a keegan, but still pulled it out. last turn was install femme bypassing the gutenberg on rnd and run twice to steal 2 astros to close the game. didnt even get to use maya! but i dont think youll get to use maya much versus sync

http://imgur.com/tQTKwVH

game 1 went okay, happened to be versus sync. didnt land an acct or code siphon, failed to see any of my smc, lost my corroder to a keegan, but still pulled it out. last turn was install femme bypassing the gutenberg on rnd and run twice to steal 2 astros to close the game. didnt even get to use maya! but i dont think youll get to use maya much versus sync

I didn’t think Maya was implemented yet, how would you propose to use it then?

yeah, and just to be clear, i meant hitting R&D with Code Siphon when they’re too poor to rez ICE. i also think it’s a baller card and have been trying to get it to work. i’ll probably run a Jesminder deck with both siphons, two of each