[Jesminder Sareen] No, Masanori Doesn't Work

Just 1 day the title of this thread changed and deep down in the void of my broken heart someone whisper to me “No,Masanori doesn’t work.”

5 Likes

I have a last minute SC right before MWL goes into effect and I really want to wreck some faces with Jesminder. I had played a CT Siphon/Vamp build for years and I was just recently considering bringing it back and now I have this wonderful ID to toy with. I changed some of the breakers around to take advantage of Code Siphon and the extra memory I’d get with Maya. Still haven’t tested the deck much, but I hope to surprise some people with not only a new ID, but someone who knows this specific play style.

Aggro Shaper

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (18)

Hardware (10)

Resource (6)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (5)

15 influence spent (max 15-5☆=10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I like the trend of titles between the Apex thread and this one. Can’t wait to see the next one! :wink:

1 Like

Dirty Laundry - Ep 13 - Jesminder - There's No Place Like HQ w CJFM - YouTube @CJFM and I build a little something that we like for her.

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain

Event (18)
3x Code Siphon
3x Diesel
2x Modded
2x Quality Time
1x Scavenge
2x Stimhack ••
3x Sure Gamble
2x Vamp ••••

Hardware (8)
2x Clone Chip ☆☆
2x Maya
1x Plascrete Carapace
3x R&D Interface

Resource (5)
3x Daily Casts
2x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman
1x Corroder ••
1x Cyber-Cypher
2x Femme Fatale ••
1x Mimic •
1x Torch

Program (7)
1x Clot ••
3x Magnum Opus
3x Self-modifying Code

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Is it just me thinking that Jesminder just isn’t worth it?

I just don’t see it being worth it to run a deck that gets a lot of tags from it’s own cards and then wants to get rid of them. It’s much faster if you just float them; and if the Corp has tag punishment, Jesminder’s ability won’t help much if you aim to get rid of tags from their cards and yours. In that case, it’s probably better to just play around the tags with Plascretes and the like.

1 Like

It enables you to run last click against Jinteki, you only have to remove one tag from News Team, you can run through Gutenberg and Data Ravens. It’s also okay-ish against Shadow and Hunter, both cards which see some niche play. If you add the ability to pressure two centrals because the corp will always fear Vamp/Siphon, I think it could work rather well.

3 Likes

This is the crux of it, I think. The rest are decent benefits, but without more support are somewhat unreliable meta calls. But the vamp/siphon thing makes her (to my knowledge) the first shaper ID where the Corp has to wonder which central to prioritize for ice right from the get go. Against other shapers, smart players will often leave hq wide open in the early game because they know there’s not much pressure coming. A big advantage of anarch (and hopefully Jes) is that that’s no longer an option.

2 Likes

What I’m trying to say is, I think all of these tactics with Siphon, Vamp and Maya work better from other IDs. The tag removal just doesn’t seem worth it as there’s either very little danger from the corp in tag-punishment, or there’s so much that the ability doesn’t do enough to get rid of the tags from your own cards and the Corps’.

1 Like

Well, I think you want resource-based econ and/or draw to make it worth it. Being able to run siphon click 3 and still be rocking proco and/or Kati is very nice. Time will tell if it’s worth it, of course.

1 Like

Yes. The reason Siphon doesn’t play nicely with resources is often the click compression, not the economic cost.

4 Likes

Show me concrete, numbers-based evidence from an impartial party that really just wants to be well known in the twitterverse.

3 Likes

Both, really.

Without Desperado, Gabe etc. the money is underwhelming (3 clicks for 6 credits … Opus does that in faction), and without Shutdown, Crescentus, DLR nonsense, or MaxX’s speed, the denial aspect is underwhelming as well (might as well just play Opus so you can actually deal with early PADs)

This is unacceptable.

22 Likes

Been toying with Sareen using NACH/Film Critic.

Siphon/Siphon/SOT Siphon in a turn with no tags taken is at least fun.

I can tell you that I built Siphon Stealth Kit with NACH / Film Critic and it was … underwhelming to say the least. Maybe the extra influence and economic ability can push it over the edge for Jes, though.

I started with @aero ‘s Cray Beezin’, but went for 3 siphon and dropped the vamp.

It still has opus for econ, like his list. Breaker suite is lackluster (I cried using snowball against eli). It’s nowhere near optimized, but I think 3 AS is the right call as you really need to get them in early (hello Faust and SMC).

I honestly don’t think you’re going to surprise anyone with Account Siphon or Vamp out of Jasminder. My guess is that the first ice goes immediately on HQ along with any crisiums or even caprices. With CT, most of the time, it was a stimshop and R&D focused build so the Siphon was a surprise on a lightly guarded HQ.

2 Likes

The easier to Index them!

1 Like

If you are using NACH, then why do you need Sareen? Because it occasionally saved you a couple credits?

I think this is a fundamental issue with this ID.

Why not just run Kate with 3 x NACH and film critic?
NACH protects you against tags not on your turn as well, so breaking news/posted bounty/sea source. It also doesn’t have limited uses per turn. You could even run Kate with Maya if you really like it. Since its unlikely you will trigger Maya that often, absorbing the tag with NACH and getting another ID’s power seems a better deal.

2 Likes

I think Jesminder needs to run meaningful resources to truly leverage her ability. Tagme Siphon Spam CT is quite better at finding those siphons, but she can’t afford to clear them unless she must. Jes can comfortably Siphon away while building a good Resource pool unique to the other competing archetype.

The absolute best way to land Code Siphons is Test Run Femme or running through unrezzed ice, while at the same time running meaningful 3+ cost programs. I think it’s going to be the first card cut in these Kate rig decks because its rather bad with SMC without Stimhack, but at least people will try the card.