[Jesminder Sareen] No, Masanori Doesn't Work

My guess is you only want 1, maybe 2, NACH in Sareen just as some mid to late game reach when they finally stack tagging ice. I would say its a simlar question to including Wylside/Pancakes in maxx, yeah she draws cards anyway but do you just switch to Wizard because you can draw 2 cards turn clicklessin any anarch.

netrunnerdb’s suggestion is ON POINT though.

1 Like

Playing Rachel Beckman to click Magnum Opus doesn’t pay off until the 5th turn.

Playing Rachel Beckman to Same Old Thing Notoriety: Priceless.

There’s some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s Magnum Opus.

4 Likes

"It occasionally saves you a couple credits”

It adds up, is the thing. If you can spam out Maya runs and Account Siphons / Vamps, then that econ saved builds up. It’s like saying “Why is Kate so good? She just occasionally saves you a couple credits”

I dunno what the data on Kate’s credits saved per game is, but I’d say it’s probably about 10ish credits. Save 5 tags with Jesminder, and you’ve matched Kate in terms of effectiveness. Heck, if you aren’t running NACH, then you’ve passed her up because you’ve saved 10c and 5 clicks.

7 Likes

I think you have a good point, but the problem I think is that successfully pulling those Account Siphons/Vamps/Maya runs requires a lot more effort and isn’t possible all the time, so getting those credit saves from those tagging runs happens a lot less often. Against a savvy opponent who protects HQ/R&D properly, you might only be able to pull it off once or twice.

Compare that to Kate, which literally gets value every time you install a hardware/program, which the corp can’t actively deny.

I really do want Jesminder to be playable outside of just being a meta runner, but it feels like she has to have some other benefit to be good.

You’re going to pull them off some of the time though, and the threat of them forces the Corp to make suboptimal plays. This is why I think siphon and vamp should be one ofs. Enough to force the Corp to be honest, but with enough flexibility that you’re not leaning on them.

This is also why I think comparing Jes to Kate as an economic ID is unhelpful. Jes isn’t good because she’ll save you some money, as Kate will always be better and more reliable at that. Jes is good (or at least compelling enough to consider) because she opens space for new types of decks in shaper (ones that can run high value resources and also tag-me cards), and because she distorts Corp play in a way that no other shaper but Kit does.

4 Likes

The more I hear from everyone, the more I want to play Kati.

Also, just throwing this out there. Can she effectively run echo chamber?

2 Likes

I was thinking about doing false echo, ddos, and vamp. I abandoned it pretty quick, but of course that doesn’t mean that the deck isn’t there. I just wonder if she’s the right ID for it, if you’re going all in on false echo. And if not all in, is it high impact enough to cut other good cards? Let us know if you come up with something cool with it though!

Edit: regarding Kati, I think running her and/or ProCo is definitely the right call. Probably both.

3 Likes

From experience, ProCo and Kati don’t generally get along.
Kit’s the only one I’ve done both in, because having both means your turns become: Click ProCo, Play the card you drew, Run, Click Kati. Do in any order, ProCo first. The reason it was in Kit was because she generally only wants to run once a turn anyway.

1 Like

If that’s Vamp Rielle, it seems like that style of play makes it heavily likely that Sweeps will hit for 5, which doesn’t seem like where you wanna be when that’s their big recovery option.

If that’s not Vamp Rielle, why are you playing Rielle?

I think that particular deck was Stealth Kit. Might’ve been NRE-Yog Kit instead, though.

And you’re playing Rielle because you want to get into any server easily early game and don’t want to play Adam, and want to decimate any Corp once you land an Escher.

But this is Jesminder’s topic…
I don’t like Code Siphon because it finds a Program and installs it, but you have to have your Icebreakers out to get a discount on the program install, so you shouldn’t find an Icebreaker with it… Maybe an Eater/Keyhole/Code Siphon build would work? That can also work into Eater/Vamp/Opus… Hm.

My test versions right now are waffling between sneakdoor, extra Femme’s Multithreader, and Medium as the stuff to get with Code Siphon.

Getting hosed by Crisium is the last thing I’d want out of playing something besides anarch.

What are your impressions on her in early testing?

Just by virtue of having Test Run Femme/Scavenge stuff, it’s really hard to play in remotes against my decks so far. I like Sneakdoor as a way to get good pressure on all 3 centrals, but you don’t really have the influence to make it a power card like HQI/Shutdowns/etc but it’s still really useful at stretching the ice thinner on their side, and allows easy removal of Caprice/Batty etc and can be scavenged into something better once they lock it up.

Escher has been absolutely crucial so far, and after you Escher, Maya becomes oppressive - ice will not be an issue the rest of the game assuming you didn’t have to Escher a bunch of facedown stuff. The combination of pressure from Femme’d remotes, Siphons/Escher, Sneakdoor, and RDI nonsense has been strong for sure, It’s mainly the economy and last 6 influence that I keep changing and playing with.

2 Likes

100% agreed on Escher. Amazing, game winning card. The fact that it fires off of HQ is even better for the dual threat that Jes excels at.

Admittedly I haven’t used both except in a Kit deck, but I’m not sure I buy that. Long-term sustained econ is important, and Kati provides it well. I understand the click constraints, but it doesn’t say anywhere that you have to use Kati every turn. Kati also seems pretty much mandatory if you want to be able to pull off Vamp and aren’t running Opus econ.

Maybe Kati is a 1of? Or ditch Vamp for other HQ pressure and drop Kati entirely? Lots to test!

Do you still play Account Siphon? I tried playing 2 and it was too many, and having 1 was underwhelming. This deck isn’t a denial deck; all 50 MaxX decks running Apocalypse and Eater/Keyhole do that better. I switched the Siphon for D4 and haven’t looked back; having another Code Siphon/Test Run/Scavenge target is nice. You can only Femme so much shit and I can pretend to do well against Blue Sun before the Escher screws them up.

Also, why the hell isn’t every Shaper running Career Fair like the above lists? Everyone’s switched to ProCon/Daily Casts decks; playing that AND Modded seems insane.

1 Like

I’ve been waffling on Career Fair vs. another 3 inf worth of programs, like Multithreader/Sneakdoor/Medium. 2 Siphon has been good for me, I’ve also played a version with 1 siphon 1 vamp Procon/Kati/Casts. D4 is a good call, I like that. Dirty with scavenge too. Unfortunately influence still gets tight in shaper since they no longer have an in-faction Fracter =(((

Still a long way out on this but I feel confident that Escher and Maya is a key interaction that can make Jesminder tick.

Actually, apocalypse and Maya in the same deck sounds downright stupid. Hm.

@hhooo don’t keep us in suspense! Flash us your list!

2 Likes