Jinteki.net discussion

Yeah apparently it’s possible to spec games without spectators enabled and remain hidden… :confused:

Could we have Unreleased Ids (the threesome one,the other chronos protocol etc)

as playable in jinteki.net like the draft ones? just make them “casual play only”

I guess I’d prefer actual released Netrunner cards to be the only playable ones. The other cards don’t exist, and should be as playable as ones people make up in the Imaginary Cards thread.

10 Likes

My biggest request for JNet would be some visual indicator of where you are in a run. Especially for deep servers, runs involve a million message dialogues, and you sort of just have to mentally keep track of where you are. I wish it would highlight your position in the run, i.e. the ice you are approaching / encountering.

edit: apparently I am blind

But there’s a giant yellow arrow that does exactly that? I mean it doesn’t give you info on every specific phase of the run, but it does the job for the most part.

8 Likes

Maybe a pipe dream, but would it be possible to get a second dialogue box for spectators to kibitz in? Or for players to not be able to see the comments from spectators in their own dialogue. It’s fun to watch and comment on a game in progress but it can be problematic when that discussion is distracting the players.

1 Like

Would it be possible to make an “undo action”? Like a control + Z that resets the game state one action back with each click?

I make honest mistakes occasionally. Install on R&D, wrong remote, wrong run, discarding into R&D instead of archives. Instead of clicking and dragging stuff back, an undo action button would be super handy.

2 Likes

Just started playing on jnet.

One thing that would be good is make it a bit more “obvious” when you install cards and where, for example it is easy to miss if the corp installs over a card in a server, or if multiple cards are installed etc. Sound effects for trashing for example is “cool”, but something easier like on OCTGN there is a yellow border around cards that were installed last turn.

Also there seems to be a game breaking bug, noticed it in two of my own games (against different people) as well as on the stimhack stream: When making a Spooned run and the corp trashes the code gate being encountered before the runner has passed the piece of ICE (the arrow is passt the piece of ICE), the game gets stuck. The runner can not take any actions, the jack out and continue prompts are on screen but nothing happens, /close-prompt, end run, jack-out etc don’t work, everything seems just stuck and the yellow arrow is at the position where the ice was but there is no ICE there.

Seems to only happen for Spooned though, at least I haven’t got stuck on Forked.

1 Like

what I do when I’m forked/spooned… is trashing my ice after the run ended.
Avoids weird stuff that may happen

1 Like

Knifed, Forked, and Spooned all use very simple, identical code–so there should be no difference in how they behave. I’ve seen hung games occur from these cards and it’s always when the Corp trashes the ICE while it’s still being encountered. However, it doesn’t happen reliably. I wonder if it happens from the Corp trashing while the Runner is using icebreakers at the same, and/or some effect of latency. Whatever it is, I can never replicate it in test.

One idea might be to throw one of the new warning notifications at the Corp when these run events are played to instruct them to wait until the ICE has been passed before trashing it.

@JoelCFC25 re notifications. im not sure if its just me, but having them in top right corner makes them unreadable. its like my eye dont go there usually. its a blind spot. maybe having them near the chat at the bottom is better, as thats the place one usually look at, or near the buttons.

4 Likes

Yeah the buttons, your hand, and the chatlog make you look at the bottom of the screen on your turn and miss notifications.

I’d personally put the notification bar along the bottom of the screen so you’ll see it when clicking on things in your hand/the buttons/or looking at the chatlog. Or perhaps the buttons or the border of the interface as a whole could change colour when there is a notification fired so the user is aware something has changed.

At some point notifications will be configurable, but fleshing out user profiles has to come first.

12 Likes

Also, @JoelCFC25, you are probly aware of this, but as the Corp when you want to action before access, and you click the button it prints in the chat log “no further action” but leaves the Corp in control. Although after one game as Corp one will realize this problem and never click that action before access button again, it would be nice if people actually used the features you worked so hard to implement.

On a different note, how do you chose which “start of turn” abilities you activate in a certain order? Before it just did it for you, but now there is a “take clicks” button, and a notification in the top right stating that I have multiple triggers, but no instructions on how to choose the order.

You and your 40" monitors!

1 Like

AFAIK you just need to click the appropriate card. I was playing WyldMaxx last night and I just clicked on Maxx before taking clicks if I wanted to do her draw first.

1 Like

I think the text to the runner is the same in either case. It’s just that once the runner continues, NOW the game hangs and the runner realizes that you are going to do something. I’m pretty sure they get no indication of which button you hit until after they’ve committed.

2 Likes

Speaking of choosing effects before taking clicks, I also played Wyldmax yesterday, I chose Wyldside, then Max, then take clicks, and it always gave me 4 clicks, no Chronotype in play…

• “lf runner” -> done
  • “lf corp” -> done
  • “lf any” -> not done ?

I’ve been playing an updated version of my Hollywood Feature deck in the “competative” tab on Jinteki and the combos actually been going off, and the amount of people that quit without GGing is higher than any other deck (and I play DLR MaxX), which I’ve found very surprising. Anyone else found an decrease in GG’s on Jinteki?

Here is an older version that has the combo in a he description: