Limbhack (A Game of Thrones, 2nd Ed:)

Thrones is so sick. The back and forth in the game is very similar to Netrunner, and even relatively one sided games are always close enough to be satisfying. I think this thread is a good starting point for the online community, which hopefully will end up being infected with Netrunner players :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m also not big of the cardgameDB scene. I anticipate thronesDB will become more and more popular.

Out of the core set, Bari seems to be quiiiite powerful. I also love my Lannisters though, which Iā€™ve adopted as my main faction. They have great character quality. I think it also seems perfectly valid to play mono faction decks right now, mixing doesnā€™t always seem worth it (yet).

Really loving this game so far. Tense gameplay that is exciting in the same way netrunner is.

4 Likes

Baratheon is, as @spags would say, Broke A$$ Shite. Itā€™s unbelievable how a few of their cards change the game so dramatically. And the location Baratheon+Banner of the watch is terrible. They gain 3 power EACH TURN. Thatā€™s so scary and I donā€™t know what to fight it with. All-out Greyjoy burn with We Do Not Sow and Put To The Torch?

1 Like

Play Stark/Tyrell with all the stand tech.

1 Like

Thatā€™d workā€¦ If Stark wasnā€™t the Weyland of Game of Thrones 2.0.

Some people, specifically some Ohio guys, seem to think stark is top tier with bara. I havenā€™t seen it though.

Sansa City Grid

13 Likes

Stark fealty can end the game first or second turn with the correct draw. it is not consistent but is really strong

Thrones is a very abusive game once you get your factionā€™s ā€œthingā€ going. Iā€™ve had 4-claim military losses to Stark, had my hand wiped clean by Cersei and the Lannisters, and even Doranā€™s gameā€™d for a surprise loss. Iā€™ve also found that even when it seems all hope is lost, it actually isnā€™t. Over and over. Bara is pretty annoying for sure, but you can tech fairly well against it. Iā€™m testing Tytell/Lanni banner with Seals of Hand and the kill events to deal with Melisandre. Seems promising. I think in any new game weā€™ll all whine about the perceived OP shit until it shifts somewhere else. Fun game.

1 Like

Weyland was good in core. Stark has a few really powerful effects (Cate, 2 standing Renowns, Ice, (Winter is Coming) hampered by being starved for resources/cards. Closer to core nbn imo

1 Like

Yeah it seems like direct kill effects are the tech against Bara because their team gets pretty combo-y once they are all on the field. Seal of the Hand is interesting though, Iā€™ll definitely try that in Lanni.

There is a Lanni no agenda deck built to tackle Bara, its on cardgamedb somewhere. Iā€™ll find link when not in mobile at playground with the kids :smile:

That Lanni No Agenda is legit. Itā€™s got a bunch of Seal of the Hands and Put to the Swords on top of all the good Lannister stuff. P sweet.

Also a good Targ Fealty is effective as well , surprise Dracarys! From 0 gold Gets the job done.

I was thinking of more along the lines of modern Weyland - a few very strong cards, interesting concepts and combos, and diehard fans who canā€™t give up no matter how terrible it is.

Yep, hereā€™s the Lanni NA thread. Iā€™d definitely get Cersei in it but seems good. Makes liberal use of Varys apparently.

1 Like

Why tyrell here specifically? Not disagreeing just trying to wrap my head around the strengths of different factions.

Note: very limited experience, but im not an idiot with games sooooā€¦

Nights Watch (Martell Banner) shows a lot of promise. Thats my focus for the near future. If you guys havent tried it yet, you should. The Wall is bonkers and Matrell gives the lil extra boost you need to make the strat work best imo, though Stark would be fine too I think.

Thatā€™s cool. Iā€™ve seen The Wall basically written off as too expensive and too easy for Greyjoy to burn down in a lot of places. I had my first experience with the game the other evening. I thought it was pretty interesting, though Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s interesting enough to compete with Netrunner.

Iā€™ll definitely try again a few times though.

Rush, draw and surprise strength pumps

My Targ/Lanni deck:

It is having a solid game against Bara Kneel. And its crushing the rest of the field.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s up with none of the Stark Decks playing Grey Wind? It kills Moneylenders and practically all of Bara weenies including Fiery Followers and Selyse. Repeatable mini-Dracarys? Seems like a serious mistake since it has double synergy with Robb. I see Vanguard of the North much more than Grey Wind, and it seems crazy to me. And it has Intimidate!

@Alexfrog post wasnā€™t directed at you specifically meant to general reply