Living the dream

I can’t tell who’s joking and who’s not, but I for real like the card in IG - it can make you so stupid rich so quickly if they don’t bite the bullet and run archives (which, played right, ends up being a big swing anyways…)

Completely lock out someone using datasucker+fixed-strength breakers with Tollbooth-Archer-Tollbooth on my centrals. #CrushingYouDream!

After my trial run at the Louisville regional, I can very much see swapping it back in. I found that once the econ was rolling it was gravy, but those runners lucky enough to start with econ or imp and not breakers/tricks could crush my econ and keep me down too much for my liking. BBG looks very good right now.

I’ve been pretty impressed with BBG as well - been testing 2x BBG 3x Adonis 2x Eve (plus a couple of Ash/Caprice that occasionally benefit) in mid-range HB and it certainly feels stronger than playing the clearances in the last econ slots ever did.

My living the dream moments are both Wall of Thorns related, it’s just so satisfying getting a kill involving that overcosted turd of an ice. First time was a straightforward inazuma into WoT with 1 card in hand, but the second was my favourite: Install + single advancing (to bluff Nisei) a Fetal AI behind a Wall of Thorns when my opponent had a single counter D4v1d on the table and 3 cards in hand. I just had this feeling my opponent was gonna go for it, and luckily he obliged :smiley:

1 Like

That card was pretty good before Lady ruined Barriers for everyone

5 Likes

I think I may have been crushed by that particular LTD* moment. :blush:

Yep, GNK tourney in Brum some time the end of last year I think? I got stupendously lucky against you that day, it was the same match where I managed to come back from faceplanting an Archer with 2 breakers out in my Andy deck if I remember rightly.

Then put willo and ash in that.

I regulary play BB (x3) / Ash (x2) / Will-o (x2), with Eves (x2) and The Root (x2) in an EtF deck, with NEXT ice : this is fun and somehow powerfull…

MFW I rez eve, ash, and caprice with BBG.

4 Likes

@x3r0h0ur Raising Will-o with it is more like Troll Face :wink:

1 Like

This forum really needs a lot more memes imo

3 Likes

Sorry, I’m only allowed one per day, as I flirt with getting warnings and punishment. Any more and I might get in trouble.

2 Likes

I can make diversion for you when needed.
“Oh, look at ma 77 cardz juggernaut of doom”

2 Likes

Having your opponent (Gabriel) play Sure Gamble, Desperado, Dirty Laundry (R&D) and find a Snare.
Meet him again at another tournament (now Andromeda) starting with Sure Gamble, Sure Gamble, R&D Interface, Dirty Laundry (R&D) and hear him comment: “I’ll never run against you with less then 4 cards again.” Then he hits double Snare on access.

[It actually happened: German nationals 2013 and then Chronos Protocol Karlsruhe. :D]

12 Likes

RP, Remote: Bandwidth->Komainu->Caprice
2x scorch in hand.

1 Like

Playing RP, first turn goes Hedge Fund, ICE, ICE. Kate goes Sure Gamble, then moded into mimic, and runs HQ. I almost go broke to rez wall of thorns. He assumes it safe and goes for makers eye. I had yagura there. Fastest game I’ve played ever.

1 Like

How did he still have a card in hand after hitting the wall?

start with 5, sure gamble, modded, mimic, so 2 left? Hit wall of thorns, go to 0, hit yagura for gg?

But he said he used makers eye on the last run

Wow, you’re right, either i remember it wrong or he drew 6 for the start. Lol.