Living the dream

Hayley with Comet, click 1 Maker’s Eye (grab 2 Nisei mkII), comet for Scavenge to move the CyCy (and install another program, I forget which), click 2 Legwork and win psi game for Future Perfect, click 3 be sad that I’ve already won so I can’t play Quest Completed for the Braintrust in the remote and a Notoriety for 10 points in one turn (had All-nighter down).

5 Likes

A couple of modest living the dream moments:

1. Installed cy-cy against a remote. Left centrals alone for a while. Drew heavily. Finally scavenge the cy-cy to a central and make a single access run. Opponent puts unadvanced card in remote. I play the second cy-cy I had in hand all along and steal the agenda.

2. Installed pro-co last click dropping to 0 credits against RP. Opponent gets excited and install/advances a nisei. I play the SMC and the stimhack from hand to steal the agenda.

Err… Unless you had 7 cards in hand, the Braintrust would have killed you (played cards were Maker’s Eye - Scavenge - Another program - Legwork - Quest Completed, left in grip = Notoriety + ?)…

Tennin, not PE!

Playing NEARPAD, they run my open Archives with no tags. I rez 2 DRTs before they access.

“…But I’m not tagged. What could possibly tag me out of Archives?”

Turns out TGTBT can tag you out of Archives.

Rez those drts at 4.3 after the runner declares access. But yeah, TGTBT is cool!

I’ve heard 3/1s were the memstrips of corp cards.

Anyway, power shutdown for 5 to destroy a magnum opus with a femmed tsurugi onlooker.

Dream. Lived.

What does the memstrips reference mean?

Memstrips is considered a bad card that shouldn’t really be used, apart from a few janky decks. At least it’s the general consensus. Also, Dan (mediohxcore) hates that card, so it’s usually very good to mention it as much as possible.

EDIT: Grammar.

3 Likes

Living the nightmare last game night: holding 3x IVHW and 2 other cards. Steal agenda, get midseasoned, opponents plays traffic as 2nd click, hits the other 2 cards. Chances aren’t impossible but we still had a good laugh :smiley:

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea for a thread.
Living the nightmare. How about this 7 click stim dealer, theophilius, joshy b, John masanori, data leak reversal crazy valencia deck? It sounds as nightmarish as it seems, thankfully I just watched the game. I’m never playing without executive boot camp ever again.

2 Likes

Living the nightmare: Mulligan as NEH from a 2 Agenda Iceless hand into a 3 Agenda hand with no econ and one ice. Proceed to draw 5 Agendas in the next 7 cards.

By far the worst flood I have ever experienced.

6 Likes

With a Tricky Titan build, after the cut, I managed to mulligan into 4 agendas and Archer. First mandatory draw is a quandary. Against Kit.

So I did what every sane netrunner player would have done, I scored a hostile.

I somehow managed to win that match, and this is the only match I have ever been happy to have glenn station in the deck, since I both managed to score it and add another agenda on it.

1 Like

Oh that’s nothing. I did that in a Regionals final.

3 Likes

You’re the QPR of netrunner! :+1:t2:

1 Like

At least I’m not fucking Chelsea.

3 Likes

I want to like your post, but I don’t like that scenario. I don’t like it at all, it makes me whorl in the stomach

Use Street Peddler to install Activist Support during the corp’s turn. Give them the bad pub, then sell it to Aesop’s Pawnshop.

14 Likes

What’s the runner version of Precognition?

Draft tournament a few weeks ago. Ichi hits for brain damage, picks a tri-maf and flatlines the runner

2 Likes