Living the dream

I saw double sweeps last night for 28 against beach party/game day in the game next to me. It was hysterical.

7 Likes

in one turn, i played sweeps for 8 credits, hedge fund, then installed a Breaking News

next turn i scored the BN about a crashed the Beach Party. then they drew a bunch and then ended their turn with 10 cards, not even realising that their hand size was only 5 again.

the real kicker is i drew another Sweeps next turn lol, but it was worth it to trash a bunch of cards, even if it gave them their click back.

1 Like

Running against HB:EtF with rezzed Janus 1.0 guarding 5 cards installed in a remote, with False Lead scored. I whip D4v1d out with 2 Clone Chips and ran 2nd click, intent on denying the newly-installed agenda in that server (or at least forcing out the False Lead). On Janus approach, Corp rezzes Heinlein Grid, sacks False Lead to bankrupt me, rezzes Markus Batty to autowin Psi game for 1 brain damage, rezzes another Markus Batty to autowin Psi game for 1 brain damage, rezzes Ryon Knight for 1 brain damage, flatlining me before I could even plink at Janus with D4v1d. #LivingTheNightmare

Hereā€™s the kicker: it wasnā€™t an agenda, it was a Cerebral Overwriter

11 Likes

Iā€™m not sure it would have helped but always run click 1 or 3 against false lead as a general rule of thumb.

I barely had the credits to rez Heinlein, Ryon Knight and play the 2 Batty Psi games. That was close. :smile:

5 Likes

Rolodex. Next pack.

84 Rolodex
Resource Virtual
0 cost, 1 influence Criminal
When you install Rolodex, look at the top 5 cards of your stack and arrange
them in any order. When Rolodex is trashed, trash the top 3 cards of
your stack.

Like Muertos, seems to have this get trashed get rekt side-effect to encourage tag clearing.

Unknown if it is able to trash itself, though that would be sick. It just may, spoilers have often been incomplete.

Beating @Calimsha playing NEH with ProCo-PPvP Kate. - Lived that dream. :smiley:

18 Likes

playing ETF vs silhouette au revoir deck. 4th click vamp through an architect he canā€™t break. I have a rezzed eve with 2 creds left and an unrezzed eve on the board. Fire first architect sub install breaker bay grid on unrezzed eve. Fire second sub install naked vitruvius. Get vamped to 0. Rez 2nd eve for free gain 2 credits, gain last 2 credits of first eve, score vitruvius with 1 credit to spare.

1 Like

Game point. I was playing GRNDL Supermodernism. Reina had a 2-point parasite on my rezzed Archer, Mimic, Corroder and Grimoire out. I put an ice in front of it and installed an agenda. He draws, installs a second parasite and Yog, and runs.

I rez Inazuma.

Also, Iā€™ve been experimenting with that combo in Blue Sun since Batty came out. Firing Batty to have Inazuma make itself unbreakable is a ton of fun.

5 Likes

Inazuma makes dreams come true!

Playing turbomill noise with blue sun. The root and underway renovation out advanced to 12. No more viruses. Jackson taunts him during the last glory turn. Never had to ice archives ONCE

1 Like

Playing Geist against GRNDL, I had 2 Crescentus, 1 Crowbar, 2 clone chips installed. ICE over HQ is one enigma

Click one: Siphon, break with Crowbar, derez with Crescentus.
Click two: Siphon, clone chip Crowbar, break newly rezzed enigma, derez with Crescentus
Click three: install the Zu I drew via Geist
Click four: Siphon, breaking enigma with Zu, clone chip Crescentus, derez with Crescentus.

Cards drawn: 7
Credits gained: 33 (he had bad pub)
Credits denied/stolen: 21 (6 for the two enigma rezzes and 15 for the siphons)

I won that game.

EDIT: I guess I gained 31 because Crowbar and Crescentus both have a 1 credit install.

4 Likes

Turning a nightmare into a sweet dream.

Playing Blue Sun, mulligan because of crapy hand.

Still no ICE in hand, so I click for credit, hedge fund, restructure.

My opponent runs RnD first click, and finds the Government Takeover.

I just show him my remainding hand, and he sees my two Punitive Counterstrikes, then we started a new game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I take it there wasnā€™t another agenda on R&D!

No, IIRC there was an Oversight AI on top.

I donā€™t even bother running first turn cause of crap like this haha. Also, it seems it might just be beneficial to decline rezzing ice in that nightmare situation (total Corp bias)

Living the Nightmare: playing Street Peddler out of Geist and having it hit an account siphon, your only Legwork and the Levy that you will most likely need to recycle your breaker suite.

Nightmare turned Dream: I had gone Tagme before I played the Street Peddler, anticipating that I would use it the same turn, so my opponent trashes it so I ā€œcanā€™t use itā€ my next turn, and I get my Levy back into Same Old Thing territory.

5 Likes

This totally happens. I feel like if the runner is tagged and they donā€™t pop the peddler, a corp should figure they canā€™t and let it sit.

1 Like

My Kaplan deck with Peddler runs 1x Aesop and 1x SoT to keep the Levy safe. Havenā€™t had a nightmare drop like that though - the worst Iā€™ve seen is getting the Aesop and the SoT on the same Peddler before Iā€™ve worked out where the Levyā€™s got to.

I just got to live the dream of having Adjusted Chronotype prevent Enigma from losing me a click : )

10 Likes

Ya, I didnā€™t see that one coming. Nice play!