Mumbad Cycle

I will be brewing tracer decks that im sure it will be a blast to play at the weekly casual meetup
Competitively however, it just folds to whiz so I cant see a place for it there.

That’s what I’m aiming for for similar reasons. Whizzard is very strong against assets anywhere. The clickbait deck seems like an interesting place to start, since it already likes Troll a lot. Ash (2-3) is a strong add as well.

Aryabhata Tech would be pretty funny to troll the Runner with in a Broadcast Square/Surveillance Sweep/all the bad publicity deck.

1 Like

Does make Viper’s first sub always relevant even if they’re running on last click.

But, the rez/trash ratio is not great, especially in this meta. But if you only rez it the first time it would trigger, it like a 1 rez/4 trash asset.

1 Like

That’s true, but if you theorise it as a 1/4, it only starts doing something on the second trace.

Really, it’s worse since the Runner wants to trash it if they find it unrezzed and can afford it (since the Corp breaks even in relative terms when they rez it, there’s little incentive to make them pay to rez it before trashing it), and it only costs the Runner three then. In that sense, it seems to make more sense in an “asset spam” deck where you’re happy for the Runner to waste clicks checking assets.

I agree I don’t think it has a place in glacier because you don’t want to have to protect this thing with ice. which implies that MN is not the right home for it, unless you want to go horizontal and that seems at odds with everything MN wants to do in terms of taxing the runner through the remote

I could see it in yellow kill dex to give some extra money swing to gutenburg/archangel/turnpike/midseasons. or some old style nearpad variant that uses city survelliance

If you want to annoy the runner with Aryabhata Tech, you should probably look at Manhunt.

Whizzard’s ability actually encourages asset spam, since if you are using any Whizzardable assets at all, you might as well install several at once so Whizzard cannot destroy them all. Prepaid Kate vs. NEH meta wasn’t like that because she ignored the assets, if you added the umpteenth marked accounts to your deck, we’d ask you come on, when’s the last time the second Marked Accounts that gets you to 14 credits helped you score through Clot or protect R&D? Only never advance strategies would want to go for critical mass on the assets.

If Whizzard didn’t exist, I think the asset spam meta would be more fun. People could cut a couple assets for Ice, and you can interact with ICE in a meaningful way without frittering an SMC for Paricia are trying to run Scrubber in Noise.

The corp win rate might be a little high in that hypothetical, but I’d be ok with that.

MoH I consider an exception to that, it’s an NPE that comes in an aluminum can.

It’s insane with Manhunt and Manhunt is a very good card already so I’m going to try. Being able to boost Troll, a good card that never quite fit is also interesting.

The only problem is that right now Employee Strike is all the rage which hurts Manhunt quite a bit. But it’s a good strategy and I’ll be trying it when the card is released.

I’m not convinced many decks can stand up to asset spam. Whizzard is maybe the only one. How beatable is IG if you’re not Whizzard, for instance?

Mopus + Net Shield + Feedback Filter seems to beat IG on paper. Once you get those three out, you could take draw actions and accept some damage until you get over to a KJ and or some Underworld Contacts to finish out your “reverse lock.” with enough income that it can match supplemental damage from Ronins and Neural EMPs as well. Then you’d win by running once every 30 turns with excess credits.

The reason no one does this isn’t because the deck is awful, since running 1 Net Shield and 1 Feedback Filter is comparable to double Plascrete and all the other cards mentioned are adequate cards. It’s because if you ran first you’d only get a timed win and 0 prestige for your next game (or maybe a timed loss because, although you definitely win a game of infinite length, they can never advance 2 Chronos Projects.) You’re essentially blackmailed out of trying to beat the deck at its own game by virtue of its stalling.

That’s why I say MoH is the exception to a healthy asset spam share of the meta.

I still contend that big money criminal with Desperado et al. is a perfectly legitimate choice (arguably ahead of Whizz) if all you want to do is clear assets.

2 Likes

Media blitz could help your restructured datapool deck

1 Like

I’ve had some luck with Noise abusing the corp with Imp, archives interface, and hades shard. I typically focus on scoring while trashing the ‘must trash’ assets and avoiding the flatline.

All very interesting, but I think the lack of a way to deal with enigma pretty much just ends your game, How many times do you need to swap these devas before just playing Corroder / Blade / Garotte is just straight up better?

1 Like

I’ve found Indexing / Councilman (for Jackson) / Film Critic to be a viable, if not exactly reliable, win condition for Shaper against IG.

You don’t try to be Whizzard and completely deny the corp’s win-con, you just slow it down with Paricia and hope you hit enough points with Indexing before they find 2 Hive for R&D and the assets get out of control.

This strat might fall on its face against super-strong opposition, though, I’ve been pretty much strictly a JNet Casual Warrior for a while now.

1 Like

You have to run so many specific hate cards and still not be all that effective :frowning:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call those “specific hate cards”, exactly.

Indexing / Councilman in particular is good against pretty much anything. Film Critic and Paricia are hate pieces, sure, but it’s not like they don’t have other metagame targets to hit.

It’s not like I’m slotting Net Shield yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m going a different direction, with Restructured Datapool and Media Blitz. Probably idiotic but sounds fun.

This is what I’ve been doing.

Agenda (10)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program ○​○​○​
2 Global Food Initiative ●​●​
3 NAPD Contract ○​○​○​
2 Project Beale
Asset (22)
3 Aryabhata Tech
3 Broadcast Square
3 Jackson Howard
1 Jeeves Model Bioroids ●​●​●​
3 Mumba Temple ●​●​●​●​●​●​