Netrunner Storage

no they won’t, even my magic cards from 10+years ago are not showing (rubberband)wear whatsoever. It’s a myth created by all those sleeving OCD’ers out on the internet

Love these nerd arguments. These cards have little value anyhow.

I don’t think we are arguing. Don’t you like Netrunner? How can the cards not have value…

They have inherent value, as they’re needed to play face to face. However, they aren’t collectible like MTG, so it hardly matters if they get damaged by rubber banding them.

Also, I hate this game. Main reason I visit this bloody site multiple times daily.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Well come live in hotter climates and see your rubber bands turn to stone and leave marks on the outer cards or stick to them permanently…

38+ celcius somedays in the summer here in Greece can really damage rubber bands after some years. Unless you keep on taking on and off your ruberbands because of constant use of the cards.

1 Like

Knew this was coming. Figured it’d be you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m talking the PLAIN ol’ cards! Trust me, as someone who sells everything, I know the value of the promos and prizes. Those go straight into sleeves and hard cases.

3 Likes

I have those ultra pro binder sheets in regular cheap binders, but I have them sorted by Set > Number. So everything is mixed together. It’s a pain to browse and to deckbuild so the Faction > Type > Card # seems the best option.

Thanks, man - you can’t possibly know how much that meant to me :stuck_out_tongue: You know, the opportunity to troll a Master Troll™ comes so rarely, it’d be almost criminal not to exploit it!

1 Like

Seems like more of an anarch thing rather than criminal IMHO.

2 Likes

I started a new thread for this, but it can be merged with this or shut down if a mod sees this.

Anyway, that card divider thing looks sick! At first I thought it was an entire new box for $20, but now I see it’s just dividers they send you to put in your core set box.

I actually made myself a wooden box for dice masters, I think I’m gonna try to fashion some inserts for netrunner. If it fails I might just buy a set of those.

Are they good quality wood?

I just store my cards out on a shelf, sorted by the type of card they are (connection is one pile, trap is one pile…). When I need to bring them with me I just put them in the box with the cardboard thing flipped. Everything barely fits, but when O+C comes out I’ll have to find another solution.

Just curious what people use for storage.

I have a 3000 (I think) box. It holds everything - cards, sleeves, couple deck boxes, tokens, etc. It’s cool, but kind of a pain to transport.

I also have noticed it is kind of annoying to try and sift thru cards when deck building - especially because I haven’t sorted them exactly how I want yet.

I was thinking of sorting by pack/set. So keep all of 1 data pack together, and then divide each one with the cardboard things that come in said packs.

I have been wondering if maybe I should binder them though. It feels like a decent way to store them, flip thru the pages fast, get decks together.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I use binders. I have two, one for Corp, one for Runner. Makes deck-building super easy, and transport not too bad.

I sort them them by faction, with IDs in their own page at the front, then release order after that.

Probably a decent place to ask - how do people store/transport playmats? My Freelancer one’s corners keep curling up, and it’s not a massive deal but I’d like to avoid it if possible.

For my playmats I use the Monster protector playmat tubes.

They only fit 1 mat per tube, but I only have a few I actually care about protecting. They are only $5-$6 too.

Side note - is there an exact card count for the entire game? Like if I have every data pack, deluxe expansion, and core set - how many cards would I have? Trying to figure out if I decide to binder them how many pages I need to have.

There’s already another thread about this, incidentally.

2 Likes

As of now, there are 583 unique cards. 113 in the core set, 18 * 20 cards in datapacks and 2 * 55 in big boxes. NetrunnerDB allows you to look through cards by expansion.

1 Like

I have a fantasy about some day joining a maker clan and creating a card sorting robot. My back up plan is to have children and teach them about robots while getting them hooked to card games and let them do the work for me. So far it looks like I’m aiming for the second strategy.

3 Likes

I didn’t see that other thread. If a mod wants to shut this one or merge it with the other that’s cool.

Thanks for the link!

That other thread shows the playmat tube I use even.