Novice impressions of Corp versus Runner

Utopia Fragment is generally a trap. I’m more in favor of Eden, although Hades is quite good versus Noise.

seconded. Eden is just fantastic in a glacier deck, Utpoia isn’t so much…

excalibur seems like a weak include as well, it’s totally dead without ash or caprice in place, and even when it is relevant is pretty easy for most runners to beat one way or another.

Utopia isn’t a trap, but you basically need to leverage it to out compress your opponent; Industrial Genomics + Red Herrings is a good example. The other agendas are drip effects that affect you at a more continuous rate. Since the fragments aren’t all that reliable to begin with, they are right that the other fragments are generally more useful and more impactful when scored; Utopia can’t be splashed, it must be part of the plan. And yet the plan can’t be dependent on it, so there’s some friction there.

1 Like

yeah, not to say I would never play it, but it’s definitely not as strong in this red-coats deck we’re talking about. especially when compared to eden in a glacier deck, which even as your second to last agenda can save you a dozen credits without breaking a sweat, and potentially many, many more.

Thanks a lot guys!

I had been adjusting the deck based on the above comments but didn’t realize that any published version gets locked (i.e. does not reflect future edits). Here is the latest iteration:

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/24041/red-coats-3-0-munro-clan

Yet another question from me guys- what happened to reduce the power of Jinteki PE from the glory days of this?

I’ve Had Worse

1 Like

Keyhole as well. Trash whatever from R&D, for free, and it doesn’t count as accessing jack, just turning off PE’s greatest threats. IHW was the nail in the coffin.

PE doesn’t seem like it can afford crisium and snoop

This was the finishing nail. What happened first was that people figured out the hate (Feedback filter and a mountain of money). Security testing econ+feedback filter made you nigh impossible to kill, and let you poke centrals forever. It’s even easier to do in Pre-paid Kate (and you have a levy to double you damage threshold).

Wyldside/Pancakes also really helps outpace damage decks, which generally rely on you needing to click to draw up. On the bright side, Lockdown and Genetics Pavilion (upcoming) should help with that and IHW.

Deus X and Feedback Filter are still two very effective solutions out of the ever-popular Kate, though. You can’t stop them from preventing damage. EDIT: Well, you can try Shattered Remains, but when I do that, it always just gets sniped out of R&D. :-/

2 Likes

Executive boot camp man, executive boot camp…

Dear all

After many more games of Netrunner and releases of new cards, I have a different opinion of the balance today! The release of Film Critic seems to represent a significant nail in the corporation’s coffin- the card affects so many cards and thus decks.

I had been happy playing as Jinteki PE, Jinteki RP and NEH Butchershop, but all of these are significantly affected by this one card.That then leaves NEH FA and HB FA, but these have been hit hard by Clot recently. What to play now, Red Coats? It seems to me that Film Critic renders a lot of decks obsolete by removing their essence.

I hope I am wrong and there are still many strong corp archetypes that can be played nowadays?

1 Like

Simple, just play hb and weyland

1 Like

FA can play around Clot, as NBN you can use Shipment from SanSan to force your opponent to get Clot every time you install a card in your remote if you have a SanSan City Grid/Astro counter ready, use Cyberdex Virus Suite to purge right before you score, or shove cards in your remote to bluff them out as agendas so the Runner has to go check your remote. Clot only really stops you from using Biotic Labor to score in one turn. HB can build a much more taxing remote, so there you have to make them play the ‘check remote every turn’ game.

Also, Film Critic is played as a 1 or 2 of only in some decks, so I wouldn’t give up on your corp decks just because you might run into Film Critic.

1 Like

For sure, not everyone will run Film Critic, mostly just Kate (and other Shapers), who is insanely popular right now. Hopefully the mini-factions will inspire enough people to try them out that we see some more variety overall.

As above, you see a good result from the ID now and you know for a fact that they didn’t have to play against those things all day. Deus Ex free Kates and no Eater MaxX n such.

You can kill Film Critic with Snatch and Grab or Contract Killer

Don’t forget Corp town, I feel it’s so much better

Dear all

After a lot of fun playing ANR, I came across another situation that I would like your advice on please. I was playing as HB and was playing against a runner who was using Magnum Opus, Faust and Theophilius Bagbiter. The runner strategy was simple- generate credits to facilitate a large hand size and then run amok with Faust.

I understand that certain pieces of ice such as Turing and Wraparound can pose problems for Faust- but then again, the runner may field another program to handle these (and/or they may not get drawn). As it happens, I am not a big fan of this runner strategy (I am not saying that it should not exist, merely that I do not find such games particularity enjoyable) because it seems to change the game of ANR fundamentally; ice types do not matter in this scenario, thus it seems to reduce the game dimensions/strategy somewhat. From my side the best I felt I could do was to place ice with lots of subroutines and hope to burn out the runner’s deck.

I would like to know what the common strategies are to counter such a runner style? Do these decks do well in competitive play? Also, what are your views on the above and the impact on how ANR plays?