NRDB in Review ┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻ *9-9-16

“My apologies to @realDonaldTrump but we seem to have run out of time! Maybe next time, shoppers!”

Welcome back!

1 Like

@Chill84 You know words.You have best words.

8 Likes

NRDB is in trouble. When’s the last time we beat Acoo? I beat Acoo all the time. All the time.

10 Likes

That decklist. Gold.

2 Likes

So good

2 Likes

Thanks Matt, It’s great to not be talking about decklists again.

7 Likes

Deck breakdown is the best ever.

44x Yellow Cards
5x Green Cards

0x Fucks Given

4 Likes

Looks like JobStopper is going to be the next DotW.

This is the most disappointed I’ve been with the Nerdbears in months.

6 Likes

Celebrity Netrunner @anon50033301 and 17 illegal Oompa-Loompas wrote this post:

18 Likes

The absolute worst part about this is the inclusion of two (2) Medical Breakthroughs. I mean come on, deck that supposedly wants to rush. Saint Wooletheus help us all.

Also major missed naming opportunity, nerdbears: Fast Food Shop was right there

10 Likes

Great writeup!

My favourite summary of those decks.

3 Likes

Palana is a brilliant ID that can score out super well if you build for it. IG is great for assets and killing the runner. This tries to smash the two together, only without a win condition. Everything about this deck is wrong and I hate it.

4 Likes

oh man, this deck it friggin’ crazy. Great write up. Usually when you guys tear a deck apart I end up feeling like “oh, come on guys, it’s not all bad. At least they tried something new/got halfway to a decent deck/it could be an ok meta call!”

No, oh my god no, not this time. This deck is just purest garbage and i can’t understand how it can win, like ever.

1. check new remotes, trashing all museums and Sansans, ignoring everything else.
  2. apply insane RND pressure against their shitty, porous ICE and zero RnD traps. If you have medium, go ahead and leave a museum alive so that you can see dozens of fresh cards every turn.
  3. win when they finally deck themselves or (far more likely) when they feed you 7 points.
7 Likes

Hey, I have a 100% win rate with this deck online. I played it exactly once. It turns out SanSan and Caprice are good cards. The rest is hot garbage, but if you can find the 4 good cards in the deck early, you too can beat a jnet rando.

6 Likes

Can’t wait for next week. Will you watch England play cricket too? Or just tell us about the wonders of 9 architects? :wink:

3 Likes

@Chill84 we tried to get a spambot deck to be deck of the week. 45 likes in two days. Unfortunately it was posted on a Wednesday, and so wasn’t able to be Dotw.

5 Likes

1010/1010 would read again

1 Like

The thing these museum decks seem to do best is take a very long time to lose.

I really wish anything else had been DOTW so I would see so much of this crap on jinteki.net

4 Likes

this is quickly becoming my favourite weekly netrunner…blog? Is it a blog? I don’t know what to call it. One day NRDB in Review will be holy scripture but that’s too far away for me

3 Likes

@chill84 Hi Chill! Just wanted to say I love the blog, and I was wondering if you’re going to cover any of the front page decks you missed while you were on hiatus.

Those decks actually do look like high quality content, and not just a picture with an egotistical writeup (spags’ writeup does have both, but it also at least has substance)

1 Like