NRDB in Review ┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻ *9-9-16

No, nothing was happening. I just got bored of face checking every asset, so he just stuck down a Chronos, pretending it was an asset, and so I didn’t run it.

Also, so you are saying I need to buy a small, round Plascrete carapace?

1 Like

Maybe Muresh do mankinis?

2 Likes

Film Critic,Deus X and Clone Chip.I finally crack the IG madness code.

1 Like

What do you mean? Share your wisdom, oh great one.

1 Like

I assume Film Critic to deal with TFP/Fetal and Deus X recursion to prevent net damage. That’s a pretty easy assumption from looking at it.

I think he was talking about the part where he figures out he’s been sitting on his testicalls.

1 Like

No, I was talking about the first thing.

By the way, I sat on my testicles today for the first time. It was invigorating. (And excruciating). Never playing Shaper again. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol film critic and feedback filter is an easy solution to the IG puzzle if you’ve got the econ :wink:

Yeah,feedback filter too.But the best thing is still to think about how many turns you got before you die and try your best to do R&D dig and HQ check with film critic to see how many points you can get.Death is almost inevitable and I find myself tired to deal with these things,so I just change to desperado mode to see how many points I can get before I die and it turns out better than really tried to deal with those assets,make me win some of the games against IG (instead of sitting on my testicles and watch my runner be barbecued).
As a Shaper player this is the only solution I got.Maybe slot in Paricia.If you win then congratulations,if you lose,stand up and beat the shit out of the IG player to make sure he will never play any damn thing like this.

1 Like

Gladly!

Here is some extra-rare content-tartare to feed all of you starving nerdbears! A New guest post by some random IG player:

19 Likes

Chapter 1 – Loomings

Call me Ishmael. Some years ago—never mind how long precisely—having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off—then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me…

&c &c

9 Likes

it’s… beautiful :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I thought the real reason for nesting triggers was because the game doesn’t have stacking effects for fear that Wizards of the Coast would summon an army of lawyers to destroy Minnesota.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Im gonna credit myself for mentioning this in slack that finally triggers Dan’s motivation to actually write something.

15 Likes

WotC seem to be in this weird position where there’s this huge disparity in public opinion/hearsay of what IP they have around card games and what actual, enforceable rights they have. It’s really weird. Even game designers buy into it (but probably shouldn’t be taking legal advice from randoms on Twitter).

(I’m an IP professional)

2 Likes

A stack is a last on first out data structure that existed before mtg. I would hope they lose.

4 Likes

1010/1010 would read again.

2 Likes

Let me just check these out again real quick. Gotta make sure we fully understand everything that we can do on a turn!

6 Likes