Official Rules Question Thread

Spending clicks does not change which click is your first click.

3 Likes

Some PE agenda scoring timing window questions.

1. I have a triple advanced Chronos project on my turn. I do something for lethal, and the corp responds by popping Deus Ex to prevent all net. They have a clone chip on the table, can I score the Chronos Project before they have a window to get back the Deus Ex?

2. What’s the order for PE/Chronos project. Does the card I ping them for get exiled? Is it my call? (Same with Philotic, which damage happens first?)

1. It’s your turn, you get to use all your paid abilities you want when a window opens (after a click action spent on say…Ronin), so you can score Chronos before the runner has an opportunity to use Clone Chip.
  2. It’s your call, both have the same trigger and they’re your cards, so you decide the order. Most of the time it’s damage first, of course.
3 Likes

Is click 1 my first click or is whatever click I have the opportunity to spend my first click

1 Like
  1. You can. The special case that lets you use prevent/avoid effects when it is not [your turn to act within a paid ability window] does not extend to Clone Chip.
  2. All of those abilities trigger off the same thing, so the order they resolve in is your choice.

There’s no such thing as “click 1”. Your clicks are just a pool pf resources. The first one that you spend is the first click spent.

3 Likes

I missed the wording on Always be running. Spending a click during a Jak run for always be running would indeed break the other ability on always be running, so I’m pretty sure you can’t use it. Had it said “you may lose” ala anarch cards then it’d be different.

Hyperdriver + Data Folding.

If you have 0 Memory, and then trash Hyperdriver at the start of your turn to go down to 3 memory, does Data Folding trigger?

Then you could also get it back with Adjusted Chronotype, which would make the directive pretty nuts, IMO.

Yes, it does. Every card you have installed at “When your turn begins”-trigger is resolved in the order you choose. If you decide to trash Hyperdriver first and then resolve Data Folding, you do get the credit. There’s no such trigger as “When your turn begins and you have at least 2 free MU”, it’s just “When your turn begins”.

This is almost the same question as #2 earlier today. :smile:

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if it checked all their conditions all at the same time. The way they do it is weird from a programattic perspective which is why I was asking.

So can I trigger Order of Sol after Drug Dealer if I start the turn broke, or do I have to immediately lose my credit?

See Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir - #251 by Crunchums
(but you don’t lose the credit immediately - you could still spend it at step 1.1)

Dangit, searched the wrong thread again. I was thinking of going the other way with it, but Nasir seems like a good idea.

yeah, Order of Sol isn’t “triggered” per se; it’s a constant ability which is always “checking,” even in the middle of resolving another card like sure gamble.

If the Runner trashes a Worlds Plaza with a Ronald Five out, and some assets are hosting on the Plaza, do they lose clicks for the Hosted cards being trashed too? Does the Runner trashing a hoster count as them trashing the hostees?

Even better, what if the Ronald Five is hosted on the Worlds Plaza being trashed?

1 Like

The game trashes hosted items.

1 Like

Exposed on the trap card - does this mean the only time the runner will take the damage is when the card is exposed (looked at) with their card etc. Does it not do damage when it is rezzed on a run?

Wording has me confused sorry.

Sorry, can you say what card in particular you mean? I’m missing the context here

Sorry. I was on about