OFFICIAL Stimhack OCTGN League PART II

@Flickerwisp and @edmund_blake_nelson regarding your abandoned match.

We feel that awarding a match which stood at 5 points is not the way to go. If a match does not reach 7 points, there must be more then a disconnect to award match victory.

Also, we cannot emphasize enough, make screenshots in case of a disconnect or dispute. It makes deciding a lot easier.

4 Likes

Great, Iā€™ll keep this post and send it when again my opponent insists that he won the game having 4 points and I had a disconnect.

Do know there is a difference between a disconnect and leaving a game. :wink:

Thatā€™s why screenshots are important and I keep moaning about it :blush:

Not a problem, my games crashes at least once a play session and I usually know in advance itā€™s gonna crash (lags horribly).

@Paranoid vs. thelyncha

We received some info on this match. Things got heated too fast from both sides. Please try to remain calm and donā€™t do anything rash. If you notice a mistake in the game, discuss it together. See if you can find a solution you both agree on. Donā€™t assume, but ask!

In this case both players went too fast and did their own thing, resulting in an ugly situation. Based on the info we received, we believe both players were at fault. Therefore we rule as following:

• match result VOID, no winner
  • warning for both players
2 Likes

So what happens in games that are a wash? My opponent floundered on an Indexing and then disconnected.

Generally, the ā€œdisconnectedā€ message suggests that itā€™s not intentional. If they quit, it says so.

1 Like

As Mendax said, it seems this was not an intentional disconnect. Since you both were at zero points, I would leave it at this.

If this happens more with this player, we will advice him to improve his connect before doing a leagueā€¦

1 Like

So, I was pointed to this league by Nordrunner. SInce itā€™s ELO, Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s still time for me to join, and help boost up some folkā€™s scores by getting thrashed. :wink:

4 Likes

Plenty of time.

At least, I hope thereā€™s plenty of time, because Iā€™m 40-something points down on the day so need some time to climb back up.

Playing 10 games a day should let you get near top elo if you have a 60% win rate (note very high)

We just had our first baby so it is very difficult to play games right now. Maybe I get lucky and keep my 4th place.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Congrats! From first hand experience I know itā€™s magical, but makes other stuff like netrunner so much harder to do :wink:

2 Likes

Just a reminder. This leagues ends in 2.5 weeks. If you are in contention for top 4, make sure you have the time to play in top 4 after Januari 20th! We will approach you via this forum.

1 Like

End it now and I will find time :smiley:

1 Like

Didnā€™t play Netrunner since few weeks
Oh, Iā€™ll play some games at last
Two games, 100 points down.

1 Like

Yay for having a really bad streak < 3 weeks before the end and dropping over 100 pointsā€¦

1 Like

Now up to 160+ points of deficitā€¦

Do people really enjoy playing NEH or are they just taking the (usually) free win to rank up?

I find it pretty fun every now and again.