Official Tournament Winning Decklists Page

This begs the question of how tournaments with nonstandard rules should be handled. This tournament restricted AstroScript to one per deck, which drastically altered the meta, hurting one faction relative to all of the others (e.g. Desperado was not similarly altered).

That doesn’t mean it wasn’t a high-level event, but this data point differs from the others in its category. Not sure what the right approach is here.

16 Likes

Cincinnati. :o)

Players from Southwest Ohio – guys from Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus who play each other regularly – took the top 5 spots when seeding for the top 8 cut.

Was thinking the same. How a deck list can be relevant if one of the strongest archetype in the field was banned for the tournament ? :confused:

7 Likes

Not surprised by the corp deck that won. That’s what I’d have taken to a tournament where everyone is teching for the long game.

My version has Archer and sleepers but HBFA is still viable.

I think changing the rules a bit is a fun way to prod the game. I also hate playing against astrobiotics. But yeah, crazily it’s not the same game if nobody can play 3 Astros.

Store Championshop
Leiden, the Netherlands
14 players

I won and totally netdecked both decks (for the first time ever and this time I win…hmmm…)

I used Cerberus’ Leela list (only change was to drop 1 Rex to make it 45 cards)

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist

Event (21)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Emergency Shutdown
2 Inside Job
3 Legwork
2 Lucky Find
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
3 Desperado
2 Plascrete Carapace
3 R&D Interface

Resource (5)
2 Kati Jones
1 Same Old Thing
2 Security Testing

Icebreaker (11)
2 Cerberus “Rex” H2
2 Corroder
3 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
1 Garrote
1 Mimic
1 Passport

And El-Ad’s NEH list:

pwned v1.1

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (8)
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (13)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (5)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
1x RSVP (True Colors)

Sentry (3)
1x Architect (Up and Over) ••
1x Grim (Opening Moves)
1x Guard (Honor and Profit)

Won round 1 against Tennin/Kate, round 2 won against Kate and lost to EtF glacier, round 3 lost to PE and won against Kate, round 4 won against RP/CT, round 5 won against NEH/Andy

Not having played a lot of Netrunner since the release of Conquest I was unsure of what the local meta would be. I imagined still a lot of NEH and the Leela deck performs particularly well against that setup. Unfortunately I ran into lots of glacier style decks and had a pretty rough time. Managed to win Tennin and RP, but got shut out against EtF when he scored and used an ABT and triggered it to rez Tollbooth as the fourth ice on R&D and an Enigma as the 4th ice on HQ. Also, my Kati’s were both in the bottom half of the deck and came too late. My other loss was against PE and that was totally my fault. I ran too careless, like I always do against PE. I play against myself as much as the corp in PE matches :frowning:

The NEH deck performed flawlessly. There was only one game where it could have gone either way, because we were both at five points and looking for the agenda.

1 Like

47 players for a SC?!? Well done!

2 Likes

We had a 62 person SC in London today. I came 5th with a Leela deck I cobbled together when I realised I left my pre-paid Kate at home (I did remember to bring my Corp, an NEH deck). Tourney won by Andy/Blue Sun, played by Iain Reid (UK Nationals Runner up last year). Will get you the list soonish!

6 Likes

Only the man who brings his entire card collection to every tournament good pull such a feat. Oh and I believe that was joint 5th :wink:

1 Like

So many UK Netrunners I don’t know… I’ve not met you guys right?

Not yet but I will be at Bristol store champs if your going.

You’ve definitely met me and probably even remember me. I was the guy yelling “Test! Test! Test!” After you scored the 2nd ABT at the penultimate match of the UK Netrunner finals last year. Just before we had that lovely security testing on archives incident.

1 Like

New Store Champ

Dice House - Fullerton CA

24 Players

Tournament Winner: Evan Hill
Winning decks:
Nisei Division: Your Netrunner Deck - Acoo
Kate “Mac” McCaffry: Your Netrunner Deck - Acoo

The final match was between myself and Timmy Wong (yes THAT Timmy)

The match was recorded so expect it to be uploaded soon.

Top 8 Bracket:

Plaque:

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see that video :smiley:

4 Likes

Begs the question - is this the ‘official tournament’ page or the offical ‘tournament page’ of stimhack. If the former, think we should ignore it. Otherwise, put some big asterisks next to it and explain the circumstances.

Love this Nisei. How many Scorched wins did you pull off?

All of my wins were flatlines, but I think I only killed with scorched once in the whole tournament. Most of the players I fought were good about avoiding tags or layering Plascretes. But in the end all it did was lure them into false senses of security.

Though at one point, I managed to fired a triple advanced Shattered Remains on an Andromeda with 2 Plascretes and a Feedback Filter installed, the resulting look was priceless.

6 Likes

Heh nice! I pretty much settled on something very similar for the ID and had some good games with it, not confident enough to take it to a tourney but nice to see more experienced players with it having some success.

Out of interest how did you set up that access? Had you scored enough agendas to force the runner to run advanced cards? In my experience of playing against Andy with FF, they haven’t got much incentive to run advanced cards unless they’re way behind in agenda points. I love the deck concept by the way, just wondering in general how it fares against Andy/FF.

were any of your other corp games recorded? would love to see this deck in action. do you know where they will be uploaded to?

I should be, be great to meet you.

That ABT went terribly… I’m blaming you :wink:
Seems that like that Security Testing issue comes up a lot. Think I was more generous than most :slight_smile: