Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

I’d hoped the silverware would’ve had fun flavour text, and my suspicions that Amped Up couldn’t be prevented proved right.

too bad Amped Up’s flavor text is complete bullshit.

Why, because it repeats the “we only use x percent of our brain” thing? I do hate that persistent myth, but on the other hand I kind of like it in context. Its not reported as a fact, but as Maxx’s rationalization for taking all that brain damage- she wasn’t using it anyways, right?

9 Likes

Seems kinda odd in a universe where the Mars is colonized.

She’s a runner after my own heart. Certified bad bitch.

9 Likes

No doubt. I like the ideas that we have ‘unlocked’ more of our brain capacity in the future, or it’s just MaxX spouting stupid shite, or both.

These got me excited about MaxX again. I made a first pass deck, got to 45, and realized I had spent zero influence.

Well played, FFG.

5 Likes

God, I love that Amped Up artwork. And I didn’t expect Eater to be so grotesque…

1 Like

I think it’s a joke. MaxX says it to make fun of those stupids :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Flavour text on Eater is just perfect.

4 Likes

I know it’s 9 influence, but is 3x Spooned (& 3x Same Old) in Kit good? So much for any kind of pressure outside of R&D, but you may be able to put together quite the assault there. Spooned is faster than Parasucker.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Heavy 4 lyfe

2 Likes

finally caved and skimmed this thread. still haven’t read all the spoilers but i did look briefly at some stuff.

i guess i’m alone here, but IMO Weyland got really lackluster ICE here. surprised they pushed the advance ICE so hard (by pushed I mean, went ALL IN). Checkpoint and Fire Wall are the only decent pieces of ICE, and I would only consider Checkpoint to be ‘good.’ if you want to go ham on the advancing ICE, sure the others are fun, but I feel that these new ICE are at their best when they are unrezzed, because they could be any single piece of advance ICE. Builder is powerful with Ice Wall, and makes a piece of ICE that Weyland will probably run for the foreseeable future even better and more taxing.

I guess if you want you can play Breaker Bay with all this silly expensive ICE. Blue Sun may use some of the advance ICE and just not advance it but I really can’t see them being used by a significant portion of the Weyland pool.

edit: I guess Blue Sun can advance and then rez+bounce to net credits with this new ICE. but between advancing and reinstalling, clicks will be tight. I just would have liked to see at least a couple general purpose ICE. also, maybe a high INF transaction that pinged on Transactions in Archives, like a Weyland Power Nap. also, not a single card involving bad pub (unless I missed it). poor GRNDL, I still like you

anarch stuff is awesome and i know all the anarch lifers are gonna be mad when everyone is playing anarch. “I played Anarch when it sucked!”

but also they’ll be happy cause they have more good cards now

1 Like

Agree that the ice mostly sucks, but disagree on which ice is good. Checkpoint gives the runner so many choices (count 'em - beat trace, take damage, break, or jack out) that I only see it being good if Argus is good (“choices, who cares? tax is tax.”). I think Argus will be mediocre at best. And I’d run changeling over fire wall any day.

Wormhole and nebula could be good, but blue sun doesn’t need them. I will, however, be trying out 1 or 2 copies of orion in blue sun.

Breaker bay grid only helps cards “in” the server.

You’d only get the discounted rez cost back.

It may be for the best. IMO, blue sun already has a tier-1 glacier build that doesn’t need a boost from an ice comparable in power to Komainu. On the other hand, if Eater (or just noise) will be huge, we could have used an in-faction hate ice with the architect or swordsman ability.

I was really holding out for the 5/2 agenda that fast-advances better for each BP you have. (@mediohxcore, are you listening? ;))

2 Likes

Wormhole might be nice in Tennin, but that’s up for interpretation.

When you do the @ thing, I get a notification and am forced to listen even if in the real world I would never have gotten to the bottom of your segmented-ass post. I forgot about that idea. It’s a good idea. Would make Titan FA a lot better. Take 2 Fracking 3 atlas 3 5/3 3 Hostile 1 some stupid one pointer I guess.

3 Likes

all good points, forgot that it reduces rez cost statically (duh).

my O&C Jank idea of the day: splash Midori in Titan. run a singleton or two of nasty ICE. fetch said ICE mid-run in mid- or late-game and install, replacing your early game ICE with the threat of a big nasty

argus is my favorite of the new IDs, because I can finally only feel a little stupid for playing Vulcan Coverup.

You can still move them off with constellation to reup the cost and reduce the next piece.

Wombo combo though :confused:

Unrelated rules question:

Can you use the Twins to stack Chum’s sub on top of itself? (i.e. 4 strength, then 6 strength+3 net, then 8 +6 net?)

If so, it’s yet another exotic fever-dream kill condition…still rad though