Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

Can you use the Twins to stack Chum’s sub on top of itself? (i.e. 4 strength, then 6 strength+3 net, then 8 +6 net?)

I don’t know if the strength increase lasts until the end of the run or until the end of the encounter, but the damage trigger is only for the next encounter, IMO.

Chum text for reference: “The next piece of ice the Runner encounters during this run has +2 strength. Do 3 net damage unless the Runner breaks all subroutines on that piece of ice.”

just theorycrafting here, I think to go all-in on Eater you have to get a lot out of your runs since you are not accessing. my idea for Eater involves pressuring centrals and face-checking everything. how can you force rezzes with eater? Account Siphon and Hemorrhage are my ideas. a singleton Keyhole to punish RND. my idea with Archives Interface is to scoop agendas and valuable Jackson targets out of Archives. AFAIK it works with Eater. Reina because her ability may allow you runs where you don’t need to use Eater because Corp can’t rez, and get you some random accesses. I’m not sure if the QG are necessary; I’d like to slot some Masanori. Otherwise I’d prefer to keep Resources to a minimum so I can go tag-me right out of the gate and not worry about it. I think I should probably slot at least 1 Crypsis. also nearly not enough card draw. Sorry for the stream of consciousness. Not sure if Incubator has a place here. third Grimoire might be overkill, but I want multiple hemorrhages online as fast as possible. Sneakdoor probably a dumb include. Desperado would be good here too (duh), but the list definitely wants 3 Siphon I think. What do Stimhackers think of this list? concept occurred to me last night and I threw this list together in a few minutes before work.

Reina is Hungry

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (18)

Hardware (5)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (3)

• 3x Eater (Order and Chaos)

Program (14)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

could Darwin be a good pairing to Eater? multi subs tend to be low strength, Parasite+Sucker can take care of them. pressure with eater early/while Darwin builds up, suckers can turn Darwin viable in turns you want to check remotes… just another thought

New article went up today about O&C. Looks like some of the card names have changed since we first got snow-jax’s spoilers; Salvager is actually the chrome beetle, Chop Bot 3000.

Now I’m wondering if Lukas’ tweet to the effect of “What is this Steelskin everyone keeps asking me about” wasn’t him being coy so much as the card not actually being named Steelskin anymore.

7 Likes

Nice. Steelskin is a shite name, anyway.

Chop Bot 3000 is awesome. Great name.

7 Likes

I’m suddenly way more excited about this card… Salvager was a lame name and this one is awesome.

2 Likes

I was okay with the name, but to me, it always sounded more like a piece of hardware akin to Plascrete Carapace, rather than an event that also doubles as protection.

The art and flavor text on it is also entertaining.

Article suggests using Sub Boost on “ice like Universal Connectivity Fee (Up and Over, 67) that are immune to most icebreakers”. But it adds Barrier :confused:

Yum!

4 Likes

lol, true

I guess it’s only breakable by fracter & AI, which is better than fracter+killer or fracter+decoder; still nowhere near immunity.

I bet this is because snow-jax is seeing these cards in a foreign language or something. I’ve seen worse names, but yeah this was pretty lame :).

4 Likes

Salvager was a dumb name when there are other cards with similar names like Salvage and Scavenge.

3 Likes

Autoscripter. Good thing that card sees no play. (Maybe there could be a podcast episode dedicated to playtesting some decks with it, some sort of autoscripter pilot program…)

2 Likes

I would agree. It is impressive how close most are.

1 Like

I wonder if ‘Salvager->ChopBot3000’ is a honeypot to ID who leakers are?
It’s a common practice. Distribute out documents to different people, change one word or some identifiable element. If that gets leaked, you know where the leak is now.

6 Likes

To be fair, it’s possible the card is still named Steelskin, and Lucas is just being coy because it hasn’t been officially released/spoiled yet.

I’ve just seen someone playing a Noise/Autoscripter at my FLGS today. That was awful :(. Draw virus, install virus (sometime with Mass Install), never run. Suddenly, a wild Hades Shard Appears.

4 Likes

I played against that sort of deck one time online. It seemed good until I realized he must have no clone chips, so I just played more aggressively and overloaded his parasites.

Yeah, usually i dont lose against this kind of deck. NBN is just too fast and can score way too agressively. But I can understand how annoying it can be for someone playing RP or any kind of slower deck :slight_smile:

Huh. Looking at Sub-Boost, it’s not Traps that want it, but Troll, I think. Barriers all just become more taxing, but Troll isn’t breakable at the moment anyway. It opens it up to an extra piece of Cutlery, but it gives it an actual subroutine in the process. I don’t think that’s ENOUGH by any means, but it does make it a touch nastier as it has the Tollbooth-esque effect on a smaller body.

2 Likes

It could also be useful with Draco - suddenly that strength you gave it is useful strength - it’s still vulnerable to femme, but it doesn’t suck up clicks the same way Ice Wall does.

3 Likes

This great game called Netinstaller :slight_smile:

2 Likes