Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

click
???
profit

1 Like

New Meta: Red Planet Couriers in Because We Built It GT FA.

4 Likes

No need for extra click :wink: Click 1 Fast Track for GT. Click 2 Hasty Relocation (put Interns, Red Planet Couriers, Clones Are Not People on top). Click 3 Accelerated Diagnostics.

12 Likes

Yeup. Talk about c-c-c-combo.

Seven point CI, eat your heart out.

4 Likes

Time to break out Research Station! That is a 6 card combo afterall. Just needs a bit of setup. 9 advancement counters on cards…

4 Likes

9 Advancements on cards might be alright. If you are actually going to use those space ice tokens to fast advance, you didn’t waste time or money setting them up.

Anson Rose is alright for this too. Especially if you want to run dedication ceremony in that build.

That is probably the place to start.

3 Likes

Yup, 9 tokens is a lot but it may be doable. Ice destruction is your enemy here, though. Also Clot, but at least if you’re playing some assets etc, a CVS could be hiding.

Why make it difficult? Use a good old AD combo: Jackson, Shutdown, AD for interns (GT), interns(CVS), RSC. Three cards and 5 credits (8 if you need cvs)

2 Likes

what happens if you AD a hasty?

4 Likes

The FAQ has a few things to say about that.

Looking at the top 3 cards of R&D does not remove the cards from R&D. The cards are still in R&D and able to be affected by operations played with Accelerated Diagnostics.

If any of the 3 cards looked at are no longer in the top 3 positions of R&D (as determined when Accelerated Diagnostics was played), then those cards cannot be played.

The Corp can only play and look at the top 3 cards (as determined when Accelerated Diagnostic was played). Even if other cards are moved into the top 3, those cards are not eligible to be played/looked at by the Accelerated Diagnostics.

man Persephone has me all hot and bothered.

looking at the stats, it’s really the worst breaker in the game, hands down (across the board worse than Creeper of all things), but it rewards you for not even using it.

the main sentry subs you’d want to break are program trashes (and end the run, of course), and a few Sacrificial Constructs can potentially make a few of them a liability for the corp.
brain damage and high net damage subs might also be a problem at times, but I’ve Had Worse, Net Shield, Guru Davinder, and Feedback Filter could work as supplemental ‘breakers’

i think Adam will like this breaker a lot. he has access to a large hand size (and therefore cares less about net/brain damage) and has access to a built-in supplemental breaker when it would be helpful in Always be Running

i’m also loving Inversificator for Kit (and in general), even if you use it against a code gate, you can still swap over something easy to another server and get in a bit cheaper

it’s 2c more expensive and at the expense of no more ‘until the end of the run’ str boosts compared to Gordian, but i like it.

i think it’ll work really well against any deck with high variance in ICE str and costs-to-break
those Toolbooth and DNA Tracker aren’t so scary if i can just replace with a Vanilla

1 Like

Interested in seeing if Persephone could work. If keeping it in Anarch possibly with Clan vengeance. Might even be worth bringing titanium ribs out of the binder for.

I’d like to point out… that Persephone… isn’t unique…

8 Likes

Pretty hefty install cost, but it certainly could be pretty powerful.

Seems like another professor card to me. Without some serious support it’sgonna be way too dependent on the corps ICE suite. There might be some space for a code gate breaker with the same ability though.

i had the same thought about Inversificator

hefty install costs for them though and a 2MU cost for Persephone, but i could see some janktastic strategies that want to use multiple copies of either

likely terrible, so it sounds really fun

1 Like

There, Street Magic would be a convenience, but I’m not sure it would be mandatory.

Persephone seems like a decent fit for all the Nexus decks that let sentry traces fire because they don’t do anything. Even then, 5 creds + 2 MU + 3 inf is an insane cost. I wish all of those were reduced, it’s a neat idea that I don’t think will get used.

3 Likes

Builder has always been OK. Same as Chum, etc, but suffer from the same problems.