Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Blood and Water has been announced: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/14/blood-and-water/

6 Likes

Is…is that a Plascrete replacement??

1 Like

Escalate Virtioral looks…Fun…

2 Likes

This seems like the “new agendas for everyone!” pack. Escalate Vitriol looks like it could be silly, depending on what the rest of the text box reads. if it’s Click to get 1c for every tag the runner has, that could be a way to refill your credit pool after dumping out a giant Midseasons.

I also look forward to doing a Midseasons/Psychographics/Meteor Mining combo.

Obakata Protocol is immediately going in my 1000 cuts Jinteki Deck.

5 Likes

Same here. I’ll be very happy to get away from TFP’s psi games, and one of these in Archives with a couple Shocks is probably better-defended, especially against runners who are good at denying economy.

4 Likes

Whampoa Reclamation scares me.
It looks very much like a Jackson replacement. Remember, you can activate the ability to trash a card from HQ, and then put that card on the bottom of R&D.
It’s not Unique, is Paid-Ability speed and costs 3 to trash.

On the plus side, it costs 3 to rez, is limited to once per turn, doesn’t draw cards, and costs 2 Neutral influence.

I’m tentatively hopeful that this won’t become a 6-influence tax on corps like Jackson was a 3-influence tax on non-yellow corps.

5 Likes

That’s also a potential paparazzi replacement for DLR decks. I don’t think other factions will spend 2 influence for it, but Crim doesn’t need to with aaron marron and on the lam, and Shaper can artist colony for a sports hopper or NACH. Kinda neat that every faction will have their own methods of protection.

1 Like

DLR is rotating, and Paparazzi makes you immune to all Meat. So, I doubt this will be used in DLR decks for the short time both are legal.

NBN gets two, Escalate Vitriol and:

It’s actually sort of neat if that ends of being the case, each faction having their own method of protection rather than there being a universal answer to (meat) damage.

4 Likes

This is actually better protection than paparazzi though. Let’s say you only have 1 fall guy out, someone could theoretically trash fall guy, trash paparazzi, scorch you. With mercs, they’d have to not only trash the fall guy but also all of your other resources. And if you’re playing tag me DLR the number of counters on this will essentially equal ‘immune to all meat’.

2 Likes

And if you need extra protection, it’s a pretty safe resource when you need to go On the Lam.

1 Like

I’ve said this elsewhere, but cards like Temujin Contract, Omar, and now Alice Merchant (“The first time you make a successful run on Archives each turn, the Corp must trash 1 card from HQ”) have definitely been raising the stakes on leaving archives open. If you are already planning to ICE archives, then the Jackson replacements start to look a lot better.

One of my favorite things about JHow is that it enables stuff like packing R&D with operations when the runner goes for a dig, derailing Indexing, and enticing runs on archives. Whampoa seems cool to me as it also opens up plays like dumping a shock from HQ (or the new “pay 1 when you access” ambush from Terminal Directive) to move an agenda out of the bin. The fact that it doesn’t trash when used is an interesting twist.

2 Likes

One thing I like about Whampoa is that you actually can use it twice, shortly after you install it. Once on your turn after the install and once on the runner’s turn.

Ooh, that’ll be a nice follow-up to a Blue or Violet Level Clearance. You can even wait to use it the second time (first time with VLC) until you see if the Runner goes for HQ.

Really cool cards, also really appreciate the flavour behind Meteor Mining.

2 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, everyone is contractually obliged to shout “I’VE GOT A ROCK” whenever they actually fire the ability on that beautiful card.

4 Likes

I wonder how often it will actually fire.

But count me in on that. I will do it in terrible falsetto to the tune of “I wanna rock”

3 Likes

Tbh, I’ll probably opt for “CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING??” instead.

On topic–is anyone else stoked about putting Obokata Protocol behind a Tithonium? Film Critic works a lot worse from the bin.

4 Likes