Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Tithonium and Collossus are making me so happy for the big W. Good ice in Weyland?!?

2 Likes

It’s hard to think of a situation where the runner has 2 tags and I would rather score out a 5 cost agenda than just Boom! them. But it is funny!

2 Likes

Yep. But maybe there is an upcoming Weyland agenda that requires you to get 4 tags in order to steal it.

That might do it?

2 Likes

But by the time you scored out a 5/2, they would have time to clear the tags. Whereas Boom! or Consulting → Boom! kills them immediately.

It seems like the only time you would ever want to draw it would be if all 3 of your Boom!s were slumsed?

Its probably a niche card for the new ID. I don’t think it will see much play outside of that.

Someone was saying somewhere that it’d be funny in a Midseasons Psychographics deck, but that’s a ton of inf to import into the big W over an effect that’s going to be super hard to pull off. Mind you, I’ll build that deck and play it for a week for the hilarity of it working once, but that’s about the extent of it, I’d think.

2 Likes

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/15/kakugo/

New Ice & Asset for Jinteki

3 Likes

My precious pupper Komainu!

What have they done to you!?!

3 Likes

Did anyone notice Synth isn’t unique?

3 Likes

When rotation happens and Whizzy is out, IG will be a beast. I don’t think it will be fun to play.

IG loses Shock, Fetal, Jackson, Ronin and maybe other cards as well with rotation though.

1 Like

Of those I’m most relieved about Shock. We haven’t seen a replacement for “net damage from Archives”, have we?

I vaguely remember something when playing the FFG guys with the unreleased cards.

fetal will be replaced by the one with 4 net, They got replacement cards to replace jackson. Shock will be shi-kyu. Ronin will be the one that will be hard to replace.

Ronin was the most fun and challenging asset in ig. At least they advance and can play the mindgame of sneaking an agenda through. Giving them more assets that don’t need to be advanced doesn’t help rise the quality of the games.

Breached Dome was spoiled in the gunslinger event, and that’s totally a shock replacement doing meat damage and stack attack from archives.

Honeyfarm firing from archives could also be a thing once whizz is out of the picture.

2 Likes

Breached Dome … I was not aware of that card. Now that I looked it up, that’s even more disgusting than Shock. :frowning: Oh man! I’m all for good Jinteki cards, but IG Prison could die with rotation, for all I care. Doesn’t look like it, though.

Theme song when playing all IG decks in the future:

1 Like

I pray to the cyber gods that there is something to curb IG in this cycle. Otherwise I see no reason not to fully drink the kool-aid. Its going to be very potent.

PU will be pretty good too with this and the new barrier.

1 Like

Dome is in the last pack, so there’s only a small amount of time that both dome and shock are legal. Unfortunately, that time probably includes Worlds…

5 Likes

That would be hilarious.

IG and Whizzard take part in a final epic battle. IG? New prickly assets and six (6!!) shocks. Whizzard? 3x Slums, 2x Archives Interface.

Foodcoats and Andy wins worlds. Best timeline.

7 Likes