Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

I will be quite disappointed if I don’t see some Weyland represented this year in the top 16. Weyland seems like it is in store for a lot of love.

If it is going to be on the same “level” as IG remains to be seen.

The recipes there. Better, facecheck impact ice, strong tutoring (Watchtower is also coming), prison archetypes in faction (Judge, DtD, Skorpios, Stone), alternate wincon (kill). Especially after Mars, there certainly will be a deck there. The tutoring aspect of Weyland, especially with Atlas temporarily, can warp traditional Corp deckbuilding. It’s a real challenge to break norms, especially with Weylands history messing with suboptimal archetypes.

1 Like

You know, best timeline a shaper would win worlds. Shaper hasn’t won once.

2102: Gabe
2013:Andy
2014:Andy
2015:Val
2016:Whizzard

7 Likes

I am hoping for some sweet tech in the upcoming box for Shaper. Shaper seems to be getting a few nice things, but I wonder what their faction equivalent of temujin/parasite/siphon is going to look like.

I don’t mean an econ card, but a card so good that everyone wants it. Does shaper really have a card like that yet? Atman? Net Mercur (kinda?)? Maybe Beth?

2 Likes

Pre-MWL Clone Chip was the Shaper one, maybe also Levy.

2 Likes

It’s called Clone chip.

1 Like

Is SMC/Clone Chip on the same level as the other power cards from the other factions? In the current meta?

Clone Chip is mighty indeed! Almost forgot about that one.

I wish they’d take CC off MWL. :frowning: As a loyal Shaper and HB player, I am very much looking forward to TD, but curious to see what this cycle offers too.

So long as Parasite exists and a restricted list does not, CC has to stay on the MWL.

If a restricted list, ban or errata to Parasite happen then CC may come off.

But yeah, I totally wish CC was off.

3 Likes

some more scoops courtesy of slack

https://imgur.com/a/O0Ftk

2 Likes

Will Net Analytics be enough to bring back CTM? Does it stop Aaron Maron well enough? Do we even want CTM back?

SYNC BRE is some serious bullshit.

4 Likes

I kinda agree, but I guess a downside is that you can’t use it on a scoring remote with upgrades? Otherwise they could just not access the upgrade, and still steal the agenda. So in a way it’s kind of like Ash, except a piece of ice (that can be destroyed easier on the important run) and with a 2 lower trace

It’s like they didn’t even think this one through. If that trace succeeds, the runner can simply never access a single-card remote for the rest of the game. Ever. And if you’re playing green you basically never access cards from HQ for the rest of the game? And so-long to Geist Cams (at least he has link!). Imagine this thing in Russian NEH, where the runner is basically stretched to rush as fast as possible without breakers. Are you kidding me?

This is the stupidest card that Damon has designed… so far. It deserves an errata right away.

2 Likes

Wait shit is it for the rest of the game? Ok nvm that is bullshit

Yeah, for some reason, there’s no timing stated in the trace. It just works until the end of the game. :frowning:

2 Likes

Mad Dash is incredibly strong. A free Freedom Through Equality on a run event? All I have to do is give up a few corner cases that never actually mattered? Sure, I think I can get behind that.

7 Likes

I would say they forgot “…installed in this server until the end of the run.” but then there’s that whenever

4 Likes

No waaaay. If that’s the direction they want to take the game where no one face checks anything and everyone plays link, I’ll stick with pre rotation cards.

So NEXT Wave 2, eh? 24/7 News Cycle and Bifrost Array found their way along with Show of Force into an HB Jeeves deck. Otherwise, it’s garbage. But man, I’m going to have some fun with that deck for a while.

5 Likes

I mean, this is obviously a misprint on words. I don’t know what in FFGs years of stellar templating decisions makes you think that this was written the way it was intended to be run. Sure, it’s what it reads right now, but no one on earth is going to let it be played like that. I’d expect near instantaneous twitter errata for it.

18 Likes