Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

One question: can i play oai on a tithonium to rez it for free and get rid of the oai condition? Or have both things (rez and host) to be happen?

OAI is hosted as a condition counter so Tithonium does not affect it.

2 Likes

Its no longer an oüeration but still a card…

It’s not a card, it’s a hosted condition counter.

7 Likes

@PeterPan when played, OAI becomes a counter (or it would go in archives). But the card is not hosted : the ice host a counter.

While OAI is on ice, you also can’t trash it with Hunter Seeker because the card is not installed (the former card-newly counter is installed : OAI there is not a card) - “a card” is ruled to be “an installed card” since Tennin, also as you can see, no, you can’t trash a current, a scored agenda or ID with Hunter Seeker since currents, scored agendas or ID are not installed.

When the host ice is trashed, OAI counter is trashed. Having no support, text desactivates and the counter transform back in a card and goes to archives (or OAI would end being trashed elsewhere like a hosted power counter).

3 Likes

Last pack here:

You can find the translations in the thread.

5 Likes

That Criminal AI is practically overpowered in Criminal Aggro. But in a fun way! I mean, I can’t imagine it being that hard to get that thing up to strength if you install it early.

Enhanced AR Security scares the virus tokens out of me. Hel-LO NBN Asset Spam, how’ve you been, long time no see, no I wasn’t talking about you being your back…

1 Like

The scary card here is Dummy Box:

108 ダミーボックス/Dummy Box
Shaper/1 cost/Resource
Trash a card from your grip: Prevent an installed card of the same type from being trashed by the Corp.

You can trash one resource to prevent Data Leak Reversal from being trashed. And it protects itself too, so I would be surprised if it’s not broken. Wireless Net Pavillion plus this is extremely dumb, you can force the Corp to dump 25+ credits with very little effort.

2 Likes

Hey, good thinking! I have to see if I can’t free up some influence in my DLR deck now.

Also, I’d like to retract my statement about Aukauma. It gains Virus tokens, not power tokens, which leaves it quite vulnerable Cyberdex Suite and purging. Still playable, I think, but not as ridiculous as I thought on first blush.

2 Likes

Weyland operation that installs ice and triple advances it seems good.

2 Likes

thoughts on corp cards, reposted from Reddit.

CPC Mining Contract: Great in AoT which likes to rez lots of roids for cheap. Still pretty good elsewhere. Could replace Advanced Concept Hopper in HB.

MCA Austerity: Good card and annoying for the runner. Too bad it enables the “you aren’t even playing” archetype of CI. Might work in Jemison as some sort of He3 shenanigan enabler.

Restoration: Works best with important assets/upgrades/ICE that get trashed. Cheat the downside by ensuring you only have one in archives at a time. Crappy prelacement for Interns, i guess.

Breached Dome: Shock 456 for about a month(?), then becomes Shock 123. Slightly less good, but definitely usable.

Sandstorm: One free AgInfusion Proc! This is pretty sweet if you can pull off the Excalibur combo, and it is a trap ICE that doesnt have crap strength!

Enhanced AR: Great. More CtM help is EXACTLY what we needed. It is a 3/1, but in asset spam I’d gladly score at least 1 of these. Plus the art is pretty cool.

Planned Power Outage: An interesting current. There are ways to get around the downside, such as using Bryan Stinson on the economy operations, or doing away with operations entirely in favor of drip economy, so I think this could be a great card in SPARK! For strangulating the runner’s credit pool.

TLA: Scary on demand tag. Only works if you are SUPER rich, because the costing on this is horrible. Combos nicely with HHN or a Midseasons they managed to partially negate. Aaron Moron makes this sad, obviously.

Priority: Does Happy Dance YYYEEEESSS! Instant Mausolus Spookyness! Instantly Free Space ICE! OMGWHY Colossus! Funnily, this card has the same effect as Mushin, but for the opposite purpose. Mushin eschews scoring servers for enhanced shell games, and this card jump starts your scoring server! Nice!

Fractal: Expensive, Skorpios Glacier support. The thing is, Skorpios isn’t a huge fan of Glacier. Might be a 1 of somewhere? I can’t ever see myself using this as Part of a core strategy.

Conundrum: Does it punish AI’s hideously? Check. Is it finally out of Yog.0 range? Check. Does it end the run? Check. Literally the only downside is the 8 cost, which sucks, but is totally worth it if they have AI stupidity. Pretty awesome card.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t have been on Hopper in the first place. CST is better than Hopper and also 4/2.

You are either AgFusion, and this could be any other ICE (that’s useful in more than one situation), or you are not AgFusion, and don’t really care about this effect.

I think of CtM as more of a tempo corp, than a full asset spam deck. CtM lists that win, do so by forcing a credit differential, installing assets that force a response from the runner, and slowly build a board state to enable FA scoring or scoring out of a modest remote. I think scoring a 3/1 takes too many clicks/credits away from setting up your board state, particularly if it becomes a blank 3/1 when a runner decides to go tag-me. I could be wrong about this one, but I don’t think it’s a slam dunk.

I’m sure this will be fixed in the UFAQ, but as it is currently written, it does not require a successful trace to land 1 tag if the runner has no tags. Even with the correction, the ability to land a tag without requiring any action by the runner is very powerful.

1 Like

Fractal could be bonkers in PU.

Very true. Data Loop and Fractal on a server could be really mean.

I was so happy to see Priority that I screamed “Yes!” and jumped out of my chair, fist bump and all. While at the office.

What I love about it is that, since it ignores install costs, its not a dead card even into the late game for glaciering up. I even like it in my Jemison FA where i use Red Planet C. as a win-con. Really useable in alot of situations. All the yes.

I’ll point out that people seem to be in on Best Case Scenario thinking with regards to Priority.

You still have to have an advanceable ICE in your hand to use it. It does nothing on its own.

That said, yeah, when it works, it’s So Good.

Fair point. Sometimes combo pieces just don’t show up. But the at least the idea that this is probably best in (BoN arguably) is a 40 card ID, so finding pieces quickly is a little easier.

It has the same limitation as Mushin No Shin in that regard, which is to say that it should be completely playable for what it does.

5 Likes

Even better than Mushin, the targets are not trashable/stealable (with the exception of Sapper).

whoa dude, dat turtle.