Run Last Click - Podcast

In this episode we are joined by the lead designer of Netrunner, Michael Boggs, to discuss the plethora of recent announcements from Fantasy Flight. Including but not limited to Core 2.0; the MWL 2.0 and the upcoming Kitara cycle. Why change to a ban list? What can we expect from future cards? When did he find out about core 2.0?

5 Likes

In this episode we are joined by Dave Saiya and Catherine to talk all things Worlds 2017. Fresh from their trip to the Fantasy Flight Games Center in Minnesota they are here to regale us with stories of derring-do involving cards and stuff. What was the meta like? What cards did they pack? And a third question!

1 Like

In this episode we are joined by Jesse and Nels from Terminal7 to discuss another shared passion, computer games. Jesse and Nels have many years of shared experience in the video game industry and we though it would be a fun change of pace to talk about Firewatch (a game Nels worked on) and other narrative games. Back to Netrunner next time! We promise.

2 Likes

In this episode we are doing a beginner focuses show. If you have just picked up the core set this one is for you! We talk about the Revised Core; buying recommendations; deck building tips and common mistakes when you are starting out.

2 Likes

In this episode we share a festive story based off a Dr. Seuss classic.

1 Like

This is delightful.

You are delightful.

2 Likes

In this episode we answer the listenersā€™ most burning questions in this 80 minute extravaganza. Beginner questions were requested by us and you did not disappoint (beginnerā€™s section: 4:02 - 46:43)! But only one person may be chosen as our favouritest and win a playmat. Listen all the way to the end to find out if it was youā€¦ Or skip to the end, that is also fine.

2 Likes

In this episode we investigate the sights, sounds and satisfying sibilants of Sovereign Sight. New cards have arrived in the UK and we are here to talk about them for a bit! We go off topic occasionally but luckily that supports our new slogan. Run Last Click: Itā€™s Not for Everyone!

3 Likes

In this episode we discuss the latest data pack Down the White Nile. Spoiler alert: there are Netrunner cards inside which can be used to play the board game Android: Netrunner The Card Game. Also we totally recorded this before the new MWL announcement. Oh well! Not like itā€™s a big deal or anything.

And have you tried Travelers on Netflix? I think itā€™s pretty awesome TV sci-fiā€¦

2 Likes

Travelers is good fun! I also came here to comment on the tangential sci-fi discussion, specifically to defend The Expanse. Itā€™s based on a book series and the detective character, Miller, is not supposed to be cool; heā€™s actually quite depressed and pathetic and thatā€™s the point. The ā€œcoolā€ porkpie hat is used quite intentionally by the authors to show that heā€™s outmoded and trope-like. The show has gone a bit grittier with the character and thatā€™s fine too, but heā€™s a quite enjoyable in the book because heā€™s a throwback character.

1 Like

In this episode we are joined by Johno and Chris Dyer from the Dead Channel podcast. We exploit Chrisā€™ knowledge of playtesting and games design as he talks us through his years of experience on the subject. We then make him judge a spectacular custom cards competition! Where only one of us can be crowned the bestest!

3 Likes

This was one of my favorite episodes in recent memory. Chris Dyer playing the role of Simon Cowell in which he judges the talents of the cards you develop. 10 out of 10, would want more of this.

6 Likes

In this episode we talk about the Council of the Crest data pack. This pack has been out a while and you probably already know if you want to listen to our particular brand of Netrunner and nonsense so I wonā€™t go into why you should listen and you likely already know if you want to listen anyway and this sentence is very long so Iā€™ll stop now.

Glad you like the last episode @Anthony_Pearson :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing the Tobelerone outrage to the forefront. No other NetRunner podcast is willing to take on the controversial issues.

4 Likes

In this episode we are joined by former lead designer of Netrunner Damon Stone. A year out from Damon leaving Fantasy Flight we talk about his feelings on the Revised Core Set and Terminal Directive. We also discuss the importance of representation of non-white people in Netrunner and Damon shares with us his experiences of being a black man in the board game industry.

13 Likes

i just have to say that is was an amazing episode. the topics. the discussion. everything.
iā€™ve always enjoyed hearing damonā€™s thoughts on game design, but i really liked hearing his thoughts on representation and his experiences as a person of colour in this industry. iā€™m really glad that you guys focus on more than just the cards and these topics that are also very important.
iā€™m also very excited for him for his new game and wish him the best of luck.

11 Likes

Back-to-back amazing episodes: #95 because of its sustained zaniness and #96 for going the complete opposite direction.

Kudos, gents.

2 Likes

In this episode we talk about The Devil and the Dragon & Whispers in Nalubaale. And I need to pack for the UK Games Expo so there is no time to write a description for the show. None at all! My pants wonā€™t pack themselves.

Also come see us record a live show live this Saturday at the UK Games Expo. It will be a fun time for all ages!

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/game.php?id=SEM3974

1 Like

btw Midway Station Grid hasnā€™t rotated yet

also Chris is probably thinking of RSVP

1 Like