SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Man Jinteki PE is just getting silly.

1 Like

Most important revelation in this thread is that there may eventually be a Runner called “Princess Space Kitten”

Also Trope is a really great in-faction answer for Anarchs who want to go thru their stack very fast (like me!)

3 Likes

Sign me up.

9 Likes

The pic of Shiv is nice. Thanks for posting the cards here!

Gutenberg is brutal
Cortex lock is just a reminder dont run if you cant break a sentry against jinteki

Except Shell Corporation needs to be rezzed, which means it can’t be exposed, so Drive By does nothing.

Looking at all the new cards…

Team Sponsorship seems like it could be fun, but not necessarily great (though other kinds of HB deck might like it more). Certainly installing ice w/o paying the cost is always nice. At least it crushes the vanilla test.

Ancestral Imager looks like a loooooot of fun to have for Jinteki, especially the more kill-deck style. Makes Checkpoint a bit better as a splash, too.

Cortex Lock is cheap and nasty, but full-rig runners blow past no problem and mimic eats it (though who knows if mimic’ll still be in fashion then).

Gutenberg I like for MN Scorch. I like it a lot. Try and R&D lock me will you?

Negotiator’s neat, but I don’t know how serious it’ll be. On the one hand, cheap destroyer that can make me money. On the other hand, they can tax through it and 3STR isn’t the worst.

Trope looks like a lot of fun, nice to have an alternative to splashing Levy.

Shiv is no surprise, it being free is nice.

Forget is kind of strange, but at least it’s in-faction link for the cloud and UC. And, hey, can dodge if you miss the trace anyway! Handy.

Princess Space Kitten must be made playable ASAP. Hopefully the remaining Anarch ID from O&C, but I doubt it. Still. Hope lives on.

2 Likes

I think it’s great for Shell because the first idea is to lay a trap on the shell to protect it. It’ll get rid of the trap to get a normal trash.

3 Likes

Mimic only eats Cortex Lock with a sucker token. So facechecking Jinteki with the first turn Mimic won’t save you here.

1 Like

riiight. dang, forgot that. That’s a pretty nasty little counter to THAT common anti-jinteki plan.

Yeah that’s what I meant. When I first saw Shell Corp I thought about my Mushin NEH deck and how great it would be to just throw it on a Mushin’d junebug/agg sec and drive my econ through the whole game. This sort of counters that.

I guess the corp can rez a 0 cost ambush first if they want, but that seems ok too.

Killing an Ash in a remote against RP is pretty awesome too though.

Seeing as how infiltration is not an unreasonable card, I could see playing this.

2 Likes

I want to see if I can fit it into the CT Power nap deck.

We get Turing for HB, gutenberd for NBN, Crick for Jinteki. All famous people. Does anyone know who Meru Mati, The one from Weyland, is? I tried google but got nothing…

Considering the buckyweave reference in the flavourtext, they’re a fictional historical figure from the future. We can’t actually build space elevators yet.

5 Likes

Dat Gutenberg tho…

3 Likes

Gotta say cortex lock was amazing in the draft format! Make sure to draft it if you end up doing one!

1 Like

Makes sense, but still a bummer. So many famous engineers to choose from the past. That being said, I like this card a lot! 2 credits for a 4 strenght HQ barrier seem like a good deal!

I always found it appealing when scifi settings made fictional historical figures while simultaneously acknowledging real ones. Makes the world feel more real.

The real question is, who was Dr. Astroscript, whose contribution must have been the most important of all.

6 Likes

Best bet seems to be clicking away the tag for 2 credits (or playing Switchblade x) and that’s still taxing. Solid ICE indeed, though you could face a tag-me runner.

LLDS Overmeleon Theory is going to be a thing, guys. Think about it:

Deep Red
Overmind (7 counters!)
Workshop with 2 Chameleons hosted

Cycle the Chameleons on and off the Workshop. Sprinkle LLDS and Knights to taste. Maybe an Inti to deal with any Wraparounds (which, it should be noted, Chameleon is hilariously weak against). Scavenge and Uninstall as necessary.

If you’re feeling gimmicky, you can run this out of a StreetChess shell, but I think I prefer the extra MU if your console doesn’t appear. Hell, the core package is light enough that you could even chuck in PPVP and friends, and maybe still have space left over. Something to think about, no?

1 Like

The thing is, so long as you have the money, Psychographics makes that a relative non-issue. “Oh, you’re tagging yourself as well? Great! Let me dump 13c into a Beale and win.” Adding more (and more effective) methods of tagging, on top of a scorch plan, seems pretty nice. And I’d certainly consider running something like Gutenberg in a scorch-focused Weyland deck.

[quote=“Jai, post:59, topic:2197”]
LLDS Overmeleon Theory is going to be a thing, guys. Think about it:
[/quote]I prefer LLDS Saurusmeleon. Only one gets the bigger boost, but still, lotta breaking power there.