SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Seems pretty good. Combine with Clot to really make NEH cry, and use on its own to make RP decidedly less happy.

[quote=“IonFox, post:797, topic:2197”]
uninstall
[/quote]curious what uninstall does that London Library won’t on its own?

[quote=“PeekaySK, post:785, topic:2197”]
Adjusted Chronotype definitely seems worth tinkering with. My first instinct says that it’ll be best as an influence-free alternative to “turn off” Wyldside’s click loss (so you don’t have to sell it to Aesop), but some other stuff also seems interesting, like Beach Party and possibly even Starlight Crusade Funding (In preparation for the coming Ice Age Singularity seems much more legit when it’s not a double, and all of Game Day, Queen’s Gambit, Lucky Find and even Power Nap get improved even further). It’s expensive as hell and shit might get a tad too clunky, but… we’ll see.
[/quote]I’m surprised and disappointed. You talk about jank with Starlight Crusade but not Qianju PT? (Chronotype, PT, Joshua B, Rachel Beckmann. 6 click turns forever!) More seriously, without the PT click loss I feel like it’s a pretty solid card, letting you swim through Data Raven and other tagging ice without issue, or mandating Midseasons instead of SEA Source.

Bandwidth is awesome! Seems particularly good in Jinteki - its interaction with Caprice and Nisei tokens seems positively horrifying (Tag’n’Bag Nisei Division, anyone?). Also Komainu and Cortex Lock, to a lesser degree. The Crisium Grid thing is also cool. This might actually end up being undercosted at 1 inf, will definitely tinker with.
[/quote]Maaaybe with Caprice/in Jinteki, but they’ve got lots of positional ice already.

I feel like it’s not likely to see much play, just because it’s A) positinal, and B) doesn’t need breaking if they’re able to get through the rest. There’s no real tax beyond “don’t jack out” which most runners don’t want to do unless they have to… though again, with Jinteki… maybe.

Valley Grid really makes me happy. Seems like the kind of card that helps some ICE pieces that needed help (and some that didn’t). Think it could have been statted like Hokusai and nothing horrible would have happened - 3 for 3 seems a bit bleh, would’ve liked to see either a 2/3 or a 3/4, at the very least.
[/quote]Said it before, but excited for this out of Cybernetics Division. The chance to use this to make it actually impossible to run on a server? Yes please. Funnily enough, makes Quandary into a huge problem. ETR ice in general seem the right move with it, though – Jinteki faves like Pup, Komainu, and Tsurugi all nombo pretty hard.

But with HB? All the NEXT become either hard stalls or at least super painful (depending on which Gold sub gets to fire). Most Bioroids are super nasty, Ichi’d be the least painful and it’s still leaving a trace open that might do a brain damage in CD. Other kill decks might also like it, bring the runner’s hand down to Neural or Ronin (or Scorch) ranges if they want to get their precious accesses. And while Jinteki might have lots of ice that can be partially tanked… something like Neural Katana in front is kind of a dilemma. (Feedback Filter makes all this trickier anyway.)

1 Like

making popcorn and waiting for the inevitable hard at work + adjusted chronotype stuff.

2 Likes

why stop there, gene conditioning shop and add in wyldside. Would you like 2 cards and 2 credits to begin your turn? Sure! It only costs you like 5 turns of set up and like, 12 slots!

That thought did seriously cross my mind for the surprise what-the-hell factor.

Hard at Work will just never be good.

Qianju PT is good in the right situations, and not permanently losing the click is nice, too. Starlight Crusade miiiight be in the right deck, if you can avoid the click loss. Wyldside’s already pretty decent, being able to make better use of the accelerated draw seems decent to me.

Gene Conditioning Shoppe seems pretty… maaaybe someone will want the splash, but by and large? No way. Chronotype’s decent enough as-is with any one of the above, no need to try for more… and it works decently against HB or ELP, too.

Does it work against ELP? Cause I don’t think it does

Quite true. Either I was still recalling an incorrect spoiler or just misunderstood something, yeah. Still helps Wyldside deal with Bioroids, but not on its own. No idea why I thought having to spend a click due to corp stuff was covered under losing stuff – maybe thinking of Enigma and Viper and accidentally extrapolating to other similar (but distinct) costs.

drugs. most likely.

The 4 current genetics are all situational enough (Symmetrical Visage excepted), to not really need that 2nd proc from the shop. They’d really need to add more to make that the case.

As for Visage, it doesn’t seem that bad to me. It gives you a lot of the benefit of Procons, without being a huge hit to your tempo. Obviously not as good for heavilly drawing up after dumping hand, but it’s as good for those turns where you use it to top off your hand, in a standard ‘Procon, play sure gamble, install or run for remaining clicks’ sort of way. Could work as a supplement to a PPVP type econ, where drawing is at a premium even with Diesel equivilencies.

Cortex Lock is going to be a pain due to 2 Infl. Now suddenly ANYBODY could be fielding (cheap to rez) turn 1/2/3 Komainus.

1 Like

I think that Visage is a totally reasonable option for any of the three factions, but especially Criminal. I actually think the card is straight up better than Pro Cons, though I think that Pro Cons isn’t worth playing in any deck at all right now, so that doesn’t say much.

The best places for this card are in decks that desire more drawing power than the in faction staples but don’t necessarily want to be playing lots of Earthrises for tempo reasons. Val is one ID that comes to mind for Anarch, and if Paige Piper is any good this is a great complement to her. It could go well in the Headlock Reina deck as well, though I’m not totally sure it’s worth it. It looks like it would probably go pretty well in Leela also. It doesn’t help you find you what you need but it helps you keep your econ up in the mid to late game.

Woops I derped. Uninstall does nothing as the library already does that. My bad.

Very good shout that, the tempo hit from Earthrise is tough for her to take but this could do some good work, you’re always digging for that extra Blackmail.

so that’s where my stim dealer cards went…you smoked 'em :smile:

now that is a legitimate reason for doing it. It’s important to remember it can be more about fun than winning.

All you need now is to port in The Supplier!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but…if you have Enhanced Vision out AND Gene Conditioning Shop, do you get to see 2 cards from HQ on the first successful run, or 1 card the first run and 1 card the second run? Or neither?

One card on the first, one card on the second.

1 Like

One card each of your first two runs. Requires a second trigger to take effect.

Similarly, Synthetic Blood would fire once from a Scorched Earth even with Gene Conditioning Shop, because it’s all one instance of taking damage. If you survive the second Scorch, you draw another card then.

I’m going to get 4cr from hard at work(w/o losing a click) and then write a stimhack article on why its good, hoping someone would let me get away with it, just to make mediohxcore mad.

11 Likes

OK. I guess I was confused because Gene Shop says that genetics trigger the second time their condition is met, but you can’t have a “first” successful run more than once in a turn. Kind of odd wording.