SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Wait, do we have a spoiler of the decoder?

No, all we know is that it’s one of the snowjax’s favourite cards and will probably see use in Kit.

I could do this :stuck_out_tongue:

So lately I’ve been thinking about the upcoming NBN agenda that’s 2/1 and limited to one per deck. Do you think it would cause FA decks to drastically change their agenda composition? I mean going from

3xAPP
3xBeale
3xNAPD
2xBreaking News

to

3xAPP
3xBeale
2xNAPD
3xBreaking News
1x[new agenda]

There’s no way to really know, since we don’t know what’s printed on the agenda. If it’s good, I see no reason the agenda composition wouldn’t change, as the tags from Breaking News usually don’t get used in FA anyhow.

I didn’t mean to go -1 BN +1 the new agenda; I meant -1 NAPD, +1 BN, +1 new agenda

Gotcha. I think I’d rather do -1 BN, since the deck relies on the runner stealing NAPD at a tempo hit. Basically, the deck cheats it’s way to 20 agenda points by throwing in 3 NAPDs, which are agendas that neither side wants to score; it’s hard for the corp to score a 4/2 and it feels shitty for the runner to pay 4 for an agenda when they need to spend so much money trashing assets and making runs. But that’s still fine for the corp, since their other agendas are so powerful and able to be FA’d. The only reason BN is in the deck is because you need 7 points to win, and it’s a 1-pointer that can be FA’d as well. The tags are a tertiary bonus that rarely matter. So I think it’s way more likely that one of those would be replaced.

4 2/1’s seems bad in a deck that plays 2’s for the rest. You need to score 3 of them to be worthwhile, which is way harder than just needing to score 1 out of 2. Its also hard because if you score the second one there’s no guarantee it will be worth anything, in which case you took a big tempo hit.

Though at lot of this will probably be moot in a clot meta, because 2/1’s are a lot worse (and decks that just want them just for the fast advance probably won’t exist).

2 Likes

about Armand Geist( the criminal ID): how much draw power(from trash ability) is necessary for it to be a force to be reckoned?(similar to Andy as it gives more draw power but in the midgame) I am guessing 3xClone Chips 3xSOT are a good start, maybe Crescendus+Muertos resource+derez event can give a similar approach as reina roja? Since being criminal and having up to 15 derez cards and draw from it +AS should be enough for it to make the corp lose money? dont think that B&E breakers are really needed here.
What do u guys think?

I like the clone chips and a 1-2sot, not three. You might want this anyway (parasite recursion) and it provides a nice bonus. Could his identity possibly make crescentus worth it? I hope so, but I’m skeptical.

Maaaybe. With the B&E suite and 2 link, might actually be fairly useful in comparison to most decks.

2 Likes

I agree with 3xClone Chip, especially if you use the oneshot B&E breakers.

i think maybe grappling hook or sharpshooter may be much better than B&E, u are probably already playing 2-3 Fairy, with B&E it seems to be too many 1-shot stuff.
i thought those type of breakers were for crisis, not for central acess. and the B&E seem to need so much setup…

lots of draw+Mass Install?

more draw power on an ID that gives draw isnt a bit reduntant??? and mass install is just a bad slot ffs…

Thank you for helping me make this a thing. Together we can do this.

2 Likes

To me, the best thing about the Home-Invasion suite is that all of it’s cost is in set up, which is very cheap for the HI breakers themselves, and allows you to make a run for free. This means econ can be used more towards rig and resource building.

I think the Home-Invasion breakers being supported by a centrals-only suite is probably the way to go as well. That way, any HI breaker that’s installed is a minimum strength 4 once it hits the board, not including any other breakers that might be out.

Also, Savoir-Faire could be interesting with these cloud breakers because of their low install cost.

1 Like

im started to think that we should look at the B&E the same way we see the Fairy and David programs, though cheaper and gives u a card. though david can do MUCH MUCH more, its just sad.

I’m hoping. I don’t think Geist’ll end up being as good as I’d like, the competition’s pretty stiff and having draw that’s mostly useful only when you’re set up some seems tricky to leverage for a Criminal, but… well, want to make the best deck I can, when he comes out, and Crescentus seems like it might be a decent way to make the B&E suite more effective. (I feel like running Zu and Mimic might be good ideas, too, boosting the B&E suite’s power and having things that can handle low-range ice without popping. E3 might also be valuable, at which point… a grappling hook? IDK)

I suspect he might actually want to be running the Supplier for similar reasons as the Qimpossible Quetzal list does, and that just helps the fact that he’ll probably be happy to be nearly broke most of the time, since once he’s set up a bit he stops needing much money (ideally).

Buuut I do doubt he’ll end up being better than Leela. A fun deckbuilding exercise and probably fun to take to casual nights, but unless the Criminal Cybernetic or something else turns his ability on more properly (and I don’t even know what that’d look like) he is probably going to be Exile-esque. Caprice will be a particular nuisance.

I realllllly wish Compromised Employee gave a Link rather than just having the Subtype. I’m not sure Forger & Helpful AI is enough to trust in, but Dyson is potentially unhelpful (and Globalsec is… no). CE, if it did, would be amazing here as an econ card, and help make Muertos Gang Member more playable (still think it might be, for early game rush). Funnily enough, despite being broke all the time, Geist has the potential for 3-4 Link in my plan, due to wanting to be certain to hit and remain at 2 Link early on, which means he’ll be surprisingly tricky to nail with Traces.

It’s a shame he’s a criminal (and therefore wanting to run Account Siphon), or else with Forger and the potential use of Decoy I’d think he’d be a good place for Rachel Beckmann, maybe, to help with speeding up set-up.

I just meant calling it the BnE suite, but I mean, all that too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like