Take your cards...Throw em on the ground - Skorpios RFG

Skorp and Hunter-Killer are really good.

There are ways to play around it, but it is an ID that will force new deck design or extra hate.

1 Like

I had an extremely tense game against a Scorp player as Sunny. They got an early Ibrahim Salem and had a few KG Real Tvs so I emptied my hand and spent a bunch of turns trashing his Tvs with nothing in hand. Then I would draw up 3 times to try to find breakers. Eventually I got my rig up, but since I had never played against Scorp I wasn’t aware of Hunter Seeker, so I stupidly threw out my Film Critic. If I hadn’t done that I’d have run away with the game. Instead it came down to a lucky access off HQ. It was definitely an interesting game, but since my deck has no recursion it’s probably much better positioned against it than most meta decks right now.

You don’t understand the point, btw.
The problem is the peak of tension and where it is placed.
Early or mid then game over T5 is bad design. You’re racking victories that makes you say the ID is nice but I call this enjoying bullying (explications : like old NEH FA players defending the deck).

I saw 4 more game this afternoon, because half of games were weyland. All games were telling the game is decaying and transforming as a slot machine. All games were conceded, and all games were one way.

The game is dumber now, and I see you applauding. This ID is cheap and use 1-card “combo” that enable game overs : what a weak design and testing and editing job.

Next you’ll have a 2c event that makes you recur RTFG stuff and people will praise the genious of the design teams, just before complaining next of infinity Levys or things that nobody imagined yet.

That card is to be errated. I reallly hope its Damon and he will never touch the game again.

Jeez syntax, you are getting really toxic in this thread. This is getting super off topic–make a new thread to complain about the ID if you want and this thread can go back to discussing strategy and builds for skorpios.

20 Likes

We should go back to the good old days of Netrunner with Siphon recursion and Blackmail recursion and False Echo recursion and Parasite recursion. Skorpios just makes for unfun Netrunner.

Now for a serious thought on this matter…Maybe the reliance on recursion for the runner is part of the problem. If Skorpios were in Core it would have been weak on release because I believe Déjà vu is the only piece of recursion. So once cards were trashed they were as good as removed from the game. Since then runners have been given Same Old Thing, Clone Chip, Levy, Trope and probably more I cannot think of off the top of my head. Maybe runners are just so used to recursion that they now take it for granted.

6 Likes

I think Skorpios is the perfect ID for people who believe scoring 7 points behind an Enigma is the epitome of Netrunner design.

1 Like

I think that’s reductive, but I think you also know it’s reductive =P

2 Likes

It’s okay to discuss why the card might be stupidly unbalanced but please keep a lid on the toxicity. The metagame has been through far worse anyway.

11 Likes

my prediction is a 1-2 week period where people will cry when they are blown out by skorpios followed by 1-2 week period when skorpios players realize all the new weyland goodies are better in blue sun. 2-3 weeks from now all the runners will realize no one is actually playing skorpios and they can cut all the redundancy they teched in and go back to abusing recursion and we’ll be roughly back in the same place we were before terminal directive. Or it’s the end of netrunner …for real this time :wink:

4 Likes

Blue Sun? I think it may actually be core Weyland for the brief period that both IPO and Restructure are legal…

1 Like

Something I found interesting in the TD + Core games I played was how Adept worked as the kind of redundancy for Corroder and Mimic that hurts Skorpios’ rig shooter game. Having 1 or 2 extra cards in the deck to cover for your breakers really hurts the power of rig shooter, I think the big change is that we’ve gotten used to recursion being the answer to this need for redundancy.

2 Likes

For my part. I was excited for Skorpios and I think its actually quite bad. My Smoke has not dropped one game in 8 in the competitive lobby against Skorpios. 2 Emp strike and 3 sac con just blanks the ID.

If you play sac cons and play an emergency AI breaker there is no way they actually rig shoot before you win with multiaccess

1 Like

I’ve played a lot of Skorp and have had issues against anyone running sac cons or even just high-impact runs that score multiple agendas a turn (mad dash and FtE included).

I RFG’d 4 breakers against a Sunny and Kit deck and still managed to be 8-6 or similar.

The games have been pretty close so far.

That’s basically my experience vs skorpio as well. There are too many hard counters vs Skorpio (sac con, es, film critic, pol op) that are already goo card in the current meta

The biggest enemy to Skorp I find is that I index and mad dash win in 1-3 turns after setting up. So if you aren’t ready to tear through 2-3 sac cons during that time you cannot impact my ability to close.

2 Likes

Those Legwork + Deep Data mining turns will do it as well. You can also just have a hard time with stuff like inside job early on.

I’m not sure if I’ve played against @CodeMarvelous, but that definitely seems to be a strong line from most shapers. My best answer atm is to stick an Archer on RnD (and hope they aren’t on switchblade) as well as to mulligan for underway renovation and cross my fingers.

1 Like

So then maybe skorpios ends up being like those PE decks that floated around a year or two ago–strong against people who don’t know how to play against them, and when people take out their hate cards, but vulnerable if people see it coming and slot a few counter cards. It might end up being good only when people don’t think its good, i.e. when they cut the sac cons and strikes to free up slots to fight the newest hot corp deck.

2 Likes

If your counter to Skorpios is shaper then Skorpios is doing its job :slight_smile:

1 Like

I edited that post. Negative choice of word removed.

2 Likes

I played a bunch of Skorp in the past days and that’s my experience as well. Any Shaper that can keep up with rush and has SacCons is nearly impossible to deal with. It’s possible to combine trashing efforts (like Hunter Seeker + PS in the same turn), but it’s really a rough matchup.