Take your cards...Throw em on the ground - Skorpios RFG

Without recursion, I think, but that must be me, that a runner can’t compete with anything on the corp field, unless going for mill.
Criminal could do that but if one breaker gets rftg, this is game over.

Now I think we would all agree that the mill plan, that got lots of 1-inf corp solutions, is the opposite of being fun.

That being said, I saw a superb Fear the Masses Whizzard that relied on Bookmarks and heavy draw that could be one solution there. The only problem is him playing Aesop, Netchips, and that reccursive 2c Shaper program to install Conspiracy breakers that wouldn’t work there (+ sniping bookmarks with that neferious op).
All of this makes way too much moving parts to work at competitive levels.

Duggar’s + Conspiracy, with Levy, is a real thing that could work here. Because discarding is not trashing (whereas playing an event is trashing).

There is no evaluation of what is lost - which is 60-80% of runner decks that are not built using coreset days paradigm (breakers & money). So while enabling “real” Netrunner, most runner decks competing with this ID are all low tiers.

What happens next : this ID wins against high levels decks, and is beaten by oldschool slow tier runner : the one that access to corp tops would also have to play slow tiers runners or make the bet he would be the only dangerous dude to play Skorp, which is quite an assumption. Meta would swing after people makes bet on others but this ID makes me feel wrong about design everytime I try to modelize it : 3 x 1-card moves then GG is way better than any FA deck that ever existed : this ID should stick.

I’m pretty sure there will be a CC or a neutral test run of some kind that will work on rftg breakers only : I can’t see them closing doors like that, they allready made plascrete to prevent one shots.

I really think you are too concerned with this. The ID is decently easy to play around, even with hunter seeker. Multiple copies of breakers are not a bad idea even in a non-Skorp meta and all three of the main factions have decent AI now as backups. Shaper arguably has the hardest time since Gordian Blade is kinda price to install a second time but Sacrificial Construct is in faction and useful for other things against non-rigshooter decks (Clot or Tapwyrm)

Look at it this way, a deck without a Fracter or AI would have little chance against a deck with even Vanilla but you would probably agree the runner should have just included Corroder or something. The same argument could be made here, you should probably just have included the second corroder, or sac-con, or tracker, or Atman, or Mammon, or film critic, or Political operative, or Mad Dash+Feedom, or Employee Strike, or ect…

These answers are even less situational than Plascrete, which is dead against non-meat damage decks. These all have uses outside of the Skorpios matchup but help a huge deal in it.

If anything, the ID just encourages good deckbuilding and less reliance on recurring the same thing over and over again.

8 Likes

Man, if you’re stomping Skorp with shaper then that’s a very bad sign for it. I think shaper is the main faction that really cares about Skorp’s ability that much (siphon anarch is also hurt, but not regular anarch). Sadly, I think it will go the way of so many Weyland IDs: neat ID, still not very competitive.

Bring on off the grid, Bellamy blue sun!

Ok, let’s suppose I stop my Grima wormtongue minigame.

Here’s a mean deck, very under-optimized :

Kick and dirty

Skorpios Defense Systems: Persuasive Power (Terminal Directive)

Agenda (10)
2x Chronos Project (First Contact)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ●●
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
1x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●●

Upgrade (2)
2x Marcus Batty (The Underway) ●●●●● ●

Operation (15)
1x Enforcing Loyalty (Blood Money)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
3x Hunter Seeker (Terminal Directive)
3x IPO (Terminal Directive)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (14)
2x Archer (Core Set)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
2x Cobra (Salsette Island)
1x Grim (Opening Moves)
3x Guard (Honor and Profit)
3x Rototurret (Core Set) ●●●
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

@Industrial_Memetics who cares about Corroder or Paper Clip. This means you have holes.
→ if they score here, it means they have a sentry breaker, then I hunter seeker it if I haven’t shot it with Batty.

Instead of having to trash 4 breaker types to fill security holes of your multityped ice servers, you have to trash here 2 breaker types, with a runner in yolo single bullet mode. IAAing an aggsec there is something I think about, because who cares about critic if they can’t pass.

So far, 1 concede, 1 ragequit, 1 loss (vs a full ai deck).
-edit- total tonight W7-L2. Second loss due to Leela Nexus Citadel, which I did not know the deck.

I still… Well, whatever. This is too easy, sorry.

I’ve been running an Andy deck that has SacCon (with Tapwrm for non-rigshooter corps) and Keyhole so you do not have to steal until you know you are getting to 7 AP if you are afraid of Hunter Seeker. It is good tech against the many Skorpios decks that are out there at the moment while still solid against the other corps. It also runs Siphons/Legwork and Sneakdoor to pressure all centrals to hopefully spread their ICE thin.

The main card out of Skorpios that causes me problems is Housekeeping. If the corp gets it down early game and it is online for a few turns it really makes for some annoying trashes.

How does Corp Town sound as a solution to Sac Con? Can Rez it, blow out a sac Con and shoot a price out with hunter-seeker

best defence would work too, seems a bit easier to pull off.

1 Like

Best defense is way easier. Corp Town would just give you more control and force a run there.

Skorpios seems like the way forward against Minnesota Magnum. I have had a lot of luck against MaxX.

Is there a viable archetype in here that can beat Anarch?

Just use any and put 2x Chronos.
It may be overkill but this agenda have been MVP in lots of my games.

1 Like

Chronos is like running copies of Ark Lockdown. So that might save me some influence.

It also bluffs as Batty in remotes.

Hmm, I think I will cut an Oak town and try that.

It is a usefull Archer enabler, too. I can use those for agenda bait => hunter seeker aswell : bite or no bite, the runner is screwed.

I think Chronos with the proper ice set up basically makes the MaxX match up a walk in the park and helps a heap against Anarch.

I actually really like your inclusion of Enforcing Loyalty as it can shut down Criminal and some Shaper builds (although less Shaper because of Sac Con). It probably would have been even better in a world where Sifr was being splashed everywhere. I had a lot of fun with that card against non-anarch. Its also yet another card that works well with Bryan Stinson. There might be a build somewhere that runs Stinson, Midseason and Enforcing Loyalty as your runner reverse siphons.

Maxx is easy anyway, half of the times she will trash Levy :slight_smile:
Enforcing is useful in early or in the middle of the game as a Vamp, or in other, lots, of situations. :slight_smile:

I have been playing against Minnesota Magnum and the punch yourself in the face MaxX (that packs two Levys) and Chronos has done a lot of work against both. The common perceived counterplay to Skorp for Anarch is just to hammer on all of your draw (Inject) and trash effects in one turn so you can minimize the impact of RFG.

Chronos punishes that, especially since most players I have run up against usually think the card is a Batty or it is down early enough that they don’t bother (still setting up, or haven’t hit their sentry heap breaker and don’t want to risk a batty psi game).

Its not ideal though. I really, really hate running 4 1 pointers in my deck and GFI feels so-so in the deck. I feel that anything more than 10 agendas is just asking for trouble in Skorpios. But I guess it means I have the potential to fire off Hunter-Seeker 4 times in some games instead of just the usual 2-3. Also, I kind of am beginning to question if I am teching too hard against what is probably one of the matchups where the ID already is very relevant and not teching against some of my harder ones.

Anyway, it seems Skorpios has a trinity of tech cards. Chronos is great vs Anarch. Power Shutdown really helps against Crim and Best Defense/MCA is probably your only solutions against Sac Con/Film Critic.

3 Likes

At the risk of sounding dumb, running 4x 1 pointers helps with Archers.

This is very difficult to use Archers in a regular 49 deck with only a few 1 pointers, and this is really really REALLY difficult to use Archer here if you don’t spam agendas, on a deck relying on agenda stealing (to seeker) and sacrifice (to archer) to win.

For the deck I posted, in a scenario where the runner stole 1x GFI and 4 more points, it means there is 11 points (on 18) in your deck. You can sacrifice 1 or 2 to Archer, lefting 9 to score.

This is tight and very easy to f*ck up actually. This works, but leads sometimes to you scratching your head :wink:

Has anyone had any luck with Skorpios supermodernism? All the decks I see on JNet seem to be playing rig-shooter, but (as was said earlier in this thread) the ID seems to have at least some potential for a rushier approach. If you can force the Runner to go fast then you increase the chances of them facing bad decisions before they can cope with them. The ID ability seems to add a third wincon (lockout) on top of scoring out and flat-lining. But of course lots of things sound good on paper!

if u wanna do supermodernism, then go with argus. skorpios is not the proper way imo.

2 Likes

I had a lot of not-luck with this sort of build. It was my immediate thought upon seeing the ID & support cards: build a rush deck that goes fast and punishes the runner for trying to keep up, except instead of SEA Source → Scorched you’re using Power Shutdown or Hunter Seeker. The idea is either just bad or I never got the right build. Here’s roughly where I landed: Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB

I gave up relying solely on Hunter Seeker mostly because it’s a double; it’s too slow, you can’t trash something & install-advance the same turn, you can’t easily tutor for it with Consulting Visit. I won a game against Skorpios at regionals because of the triple nature of Consulting Visit for Hunter Seeker. I think Skorp maybe just runs Power Shutdown, Snare, etc. & HS is a trap card if people are playing any hate whatsoever.

The issue with my builds was mainly that towards the mid to late game you’re trading an agenda for one installed card and that’s not an even trade. If the runner gets a steal or two early, you’re in trouble. If they have any hate cards that prevent you from punishing (Employee Strike was the main one, Film Critic & SacCon less so) then your advantage evaporates. Since you spend 0 influence on the core of the deck, Caprice helped win games which I’d otherwise lose to remote lock. It was a great addition but not enough to make the deck viable.