Take your cards...Throw em on the ground - Skorpios RFG

In my opinion the deck is still solid in general, but I think every deck that wants to tax out the runner on money is bad in the current meta. And against an opponent that understands the game plan that’s what this deck is about. Bloo Moose is just too powerful as a passive, non-run based economy. Even aggressive runners like run-based Andy decks now have a reliable option to lean back and stay ahead on money.
That said, I think the all-barriers/all-code gates deck has the potential to force the runner to make runs - for example by including Fast Tracks and aggressively pushing your money agendas to gain the upper hand in the money race. Overadvance your Oaktowns, treating them as a Mopus, push your Sales Teams, start an Atlas train … and hope you’re not getting Siphon locked. :wink:

Speaking of garbage fires, I’ve been messing around with dumping my AD Couriers deck into Skorpios and been having some surprising luck with it the last couple of games, especially in some aspects.

We Ship Everything (You x A Nest of Scorpions In Your Trousers OTP)

Skorpios Defense Systems: Persuasive Power (Terminal Directive)

Agenda (9)
1x Chronos Project (First Contact)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ●●●
1x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
1x Vanity Project (Old Hollywood)

Asset (5)
1x Ibrahim Salem (Fear the Masses) ●●●
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●
2x Open Forum (Free Mars)

Operation (21)
3x Accelerated Diagnostics (Mala Tempora) ●●●
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) ●●
1x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
1x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
3x Mass Commercialization (Blood and Water)
1x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
3x Red Planet Couriers (Earth’s Scion)
1x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
2x Shipment from Kaguya (Core Set)

Barrier (6)
1x Asteroid Belt (Order and Chaos)
3x Fire Wall (Order and Chaos)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
2x Hortum (Terminal Directive)
3x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (3)
2x Colossus (Terminal Directive)
1x Nebula (Order and Chaos)
14 influence spent (max 15, available 1)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Now that I’ve finally weaned my way off of trying to cram GT into the deck, I’ve been having decent luck just actually using the combo to score 5/3’s or 6/4’s. Open Forum has been doing a surprising amount of work blunting R&D multi-access by just tossing a piece of ICE back on top of my deck. And apparently no one wants to actually go trash it since I’m just filling my own HQ up with cards?

It, admitting, can be a grind as you hope you finally draw the agenda you need. Especially since you can’t actually click a Jackson to draw else you break your Forum protection. Or if you forget to actually fire your ID ability, like I did one game. And there’s probably a looooooot of refinement it needs.

I should probably turn the HRI and Chronos into another Vanity.

Also I would kill a man for Project Beale to get reprinted as a Weyland card. Dropping 14 advancements on a Vanity Project feels kinda rough? But it works.

Doesn’t that just mean RPC is better in Yellow?

I’m pretty sure that’s a trend…

Not really. What would you advance in Yellow? RPC is only useful when you are able to have a bunch of advancements on the board. RPC would be useless as a yellow card without importing Weyland ice, and if Beale was a Weyland agenda RPC wouldn’t have been printed.

Weyland already has a Beale, it’s called Government Takeover and it’s bad.

Reversed Accounts or Ghost Branch? /jokes

Don’t forget, the first card that allowed Advancements put on things during the Runner’s turn was Matrix Analyzer… Even if that card sucked.

Ice Wall is perfectly importable, but yeah, beyond that there isn’t much in the way of advanceable ICE that NBN would want.

Shadow is not too bad for NBN to import at 1 influence.

1 Like

If you put a ton of counters on Shadow, the Runner is going to guess what’s up.

If you advance any ice, except maybe space ice, the Runner is going to guess what’s up.

I suppose that having fewer pieces of advanceable ice does make you more vulnerable to cutlery, though.

Does anyone have any tricks for remembering the remove from game trigger, especially on jnet? I find myself removing key pieces early (siphon, etc) but the later the game goes and there is more to think about I tend to forget. I’ve lost more than one game against god of war siphon decks where I forget to remove counter surveillance and mars for martians in the mid game.

I feel like this statement completely misses why Government Takeover is bad and Beale is good.

GT is bad because the runner can randomly find it before the corp and be instantly on game point/win if it was their second steal. If the runner doesn’t snag it early, it’s still a 9-advancement agenda, making it very challenging to score. Agendas you can’t score, but can lose you the game are bad.

Beale is good because it is a 3/2 that can be boosted to a 5/3 or 7/4; 9/5; 11/6; 13/7 as needed. Flexibility is good. Also, a Beale stolen with 7 advancement counters on it is still only worth 2 points to the runner, so even a big loss of tempo didn’t put the runner so close to winning.

3 Likes

It’s perfectly reasonable to ask the runner to go through their actions slowly, particularly once you see them play something like Counter Surveillance. The problem is, if you wait long enough that they play another card, now you’ve gained additional information and can’t reasonably choose to RFG the first one.

I don’t know if it will necessarily help you remember to trigger Skorpios, but just asking them to slow down a bit when it may be relevant could go a long way.

I like to keep their heap open. It’s a good visual reminder as you see cards hit the bin.

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I’ll ask the opponent to slow down a bit. That would probably help. Thanks!

1 Like

I like that idea a lot. I think I’ll give that a try. Appreciate it!

I’ve been working on a MWL 2.0 rigshooter list that is really strong. One thing I discovered during testing is that much more AI hate was needed, especially against turtle. It’s even stronger now that the runner doesn’t have Bloo Moose or Temujin to defend against traces. I had taken out code gates because of Inversificator, but I might add Hortum back in for more AI hate.

Rigshooter

Skorpios Defense Systems: Persuasive Power (Terminal Directive)

Agenda (11)

Asset (4)

Operation (19)

Barrier (9)

Sentry (1)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

PS: Baliff is pretty bad.

1 Like

Why keep on using vanilla if you are so afraid of the Turtle? Vanilla on any server alone can enable the Turtle to gain counters. I would probably use any ICE with str>0 just to keep The Turtle out after a purge.

That’s a good point, but is there a better barrier for that slot? I think 6 is too few and Baliff is not useful.

What about Battlement?

Cut Kala for Ip Block?

1 Like