Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Both of the strategies you describe run a bunch of sideways garbage (typically).

Although it is possible scorpios might try some sideways stuff thanks to something from the big box or red sands, I see scorpios running a little bit more traditional stuff.

Sure, between a bunch of their stuff they will be able to run a mean control deck.

But it sounds to me like it will be a lot more “fair” than IG 54 and PU Ark Lockdown. It also is purposefully going to warp the meta to address some of the main problems with Parasite, Account Siphon spam and recursion in general.

Heck, Housekeeping even slows down and possibly meddles with Dhyper and if Blackmail Val is a problem you have two in faction answers.

Seems good. Seems like it will shake things up. I like that.

1 Like

Skorpios will only really be a heavy problem for runners who are relying on lean decks that have zero redundancy for critical components (which should be punishable), and shapers in the current meta. It will be a nuisance to others, but not insurmountable*.

You might see shapers swap up to be less dependant on SMC if the ID takes off (which I feel like it will; 40/15 is good even before considering the effect).

* - if FFG invest heavily in this Weyland trash theme, my guess might be wrong. We’re already seeing a good amount of it, and is hard to judge how well all these will work together. My consideration is purely Skorpios in existing meta.

4 Likes

In a distant past (C&C times), Lukas ruled that you couldn’t prevent the tags from Account Siphon. It seems this changed recently (edit : I don’t know if this Twitter ruling (tags of AS are a cost) stayed a very long time).

Are you sure that was the ruling? As I recall, there was a ruling around then that you could not use money you received from AS to avoid tags with NACH, but I never heard anyone say you couldn’t avoid them at all.

5 Likes

Hakuna Matata Protocol?

6 Likes

A problem free approach to agenda composition.

4 Likes

It means no worries of a runner ever stealing the agenda.

3 Likes

I think it was just a part of determining what was a cost, and what was not a cost. I must have took a Twitter discussion half-way, and quit it too early, I guess.

The new Weyland ID looks awesome, but RIP Maxx (which ik people were saying after Ark Lockdown, but that’s way more limited than this). Unless someone can think of a way to make her work without packing in so much redundancy she’s a 60 card deck

Kind of. Like, dirty secret of the tournament scene. You could take a deck that just had ‘auto-lose to weyland’ as part of its ID and it wouldn’t usually matter unless you got unlucky in first 2 rounds of swiss.

Maxx may be dead because Val -> rebirth to Whiz or whatever is the new hotness, but having a weakness to Weyland wouldn’t, by itself, be enough to affect her tourney viability.

That’s going to be different, though, if the Weyland card pool gets a shot in the arm and Scorpio is as good as everyone imagines it is.

5 Likes

This is what I don’t understand about their design decisions. While I’m glad to see Weyland get some awesome, did they not think about how it would affect an evergreen ID? Kind of like CTM vs Jesminder, except instead of just blanking the ability, this vs Maxx seems like it’s an auto lose. In general, they need to think about the IDs that won’t rotate and give them tools to be relevant (Sil, for example). Both new Weyland IDs are awesome though.

1 Like

Taking tags from AS is not a cost, it’s an effect. The point is that the money gain and tags are simultaneous, so you can’t use the money you gain from Siphon to avoid the tags, but you can avoid the tags with other money you have. I can’t ever imagine Lukas saying tags were part of the cost of playing Siphon, but it’s definitely not the case.

6 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like

MaxX can fight it. Employee Strike isn’t going away and 3x is actually somewhat common in Anarch.

It is a BAD matchup. Just horrible. It’s not moot, like Val vs. GRNDL, or uncomfortable like Cybernetics vs. Stimshop. It’s default state is complete wreckage for MaXx, which is unprecedented bias before a match even starts.

2 Likes

I have a hunch that skorpios wont be all that great.

The shot in the arm for weyland is hunterseeker and much better ice.

3 Likes

Skorpios + batty + rototurret seems good but I’ve been hella wrong before.

Maybe. Hard to say exactly since there is a lot of unknowns in the pack.

I do really like the idea of a rigshooter/destroyer deck that has a bit of teeth to it. Batty seems kind of like an integral part of the process though to ensure you get trashes when you need them.

2 Likes

I am highly skeptical whenever someone uses the phrase “auto-lose” when an upcoming card is spoiled that requires people to adjust their decks and/or play style.

New cards come out. The meta shifts. People learn how to adjust as needed. This isn’t anything new.

Personally, I am super excited to see how this Weyland ID shifts the meta, and I don’t even play Weyland.

4 Likes

The nice thing about Batty rigshooters is that you get two for the price of one - Batty trashes their killer, and then they hit the ice and you trash another. Granted with Skorpios you can only RFG one of them, but you’re still taxing their recursion.