Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I think the best use for Ubax is as a 1x in Aesops Shapers that run Astrolabe. Being able to pawn your Astrolabe for 3c against glacier decks and install Ubax instead will be really good. Of course, right now you probably want to install Sifr instead, but assuming it is MWL/banned then Ubax will be a nice option.

1 Like

The price of consoles seems to be increasing in new cycles. Obelus:4, Gauntlet:5, Sifr:5, Maw:6, and now this at 5.

Is there a general feeling that consoles were under priced previously (barring Desperado which was obviously under priced) ? Or is this just a byproduct of trying to make consoles more impactful?

Probably a little of both? Also maybe they’re being a little more careful with cards that won’t be rotating since they’ll be around a lot longer.

I think some of it also boils down to diversity on some level. Sifr vs. Grimoire, for example, cater to similar builds. Sifr is (subjectively) better but costs a premium.

I think there’s more interesting ways to promote diversity (Doomtown design team was really good at this), but any effort is good in my book.

I don’t think consoles are rising in price. Toolbox and Monolith are very old consoles, Security Nexus has also been out for a while. I think you’re noticing an increase in price because they’re making expensive consoles that actually get played. It’s easy to forget about Monolith, but hard to ignore Sifr.

5 Likes

my point was that they do different things. i really don’t think very many decks get to Laguna and ProCo and think ‘hmm… which one do i want to use?’ as if they can fill the same slot

you’d have to make changes to your decks to get either to work. a lot of decks that run ProCo also use Diesel, Quality Time, and Astrolabe. if you’re running Laguna, this is all the card draw you’d need

just like a deck running Magnum Opus doesn’t really run many other economy cards.

ProCo is rarely all the economy you’d need in a deck. and it’s not a card draw engine because it doesn’t help you draw any faster, so you still want some other card draw effects.

i don’t think anyone can say any of these are necessarily better or worse. the worst thing going for either of them is that they’re both 5-cost resources in a meta with lots of tags, so the risk is a bit higher. if MCA Informant becomes more of a thing, Laguna will seem a bit better, but Lizzie Mills might see more play, etc. etc. etc.
ProCo hasn’t really seen much play since prepaid Kate, so i don’t expect Laguna to see much play either, but other than being 5-cost resources, i don’t think they’re that comparable since they do different things

1 Like

2 more spoilers, and a list of suggested decklists using TD and Core cards: http://imgur.com/a/cdUiU

4 Likes

Hmm, looking at the deck list we have a few interesting things incoming.

Starting at the top left. In the Shaper deck we see 4 previously unseen cards
Process Automation, Dhegdeer, Adept, Mammon, and Dean Lister.

Process Automation is in both runner decks so it’s likely neutral and 0 influence. No clue what it does.

Dhegdeer - I’m thinking this is some sort of mem-exempting hosting Daemon. These sample decks seem to go with 2 of each breaker and there are three of this so it is likely not a breaker. Some sort of mem-management tool is needed if they expect the runner to manage with Mopus, this new Sage and Gordian with only the 1 Mem from Ubax.

Adept - As per the image - Sage but for Barriers and Sentries

Mammon - It’s presence in both decks is making me think it’s some sort of neutral AI breaker. I think it costs 1 influence though

Dean Lister - a Connection, in both decks. likely Criminal.

In the Criminal deck we have Polyhistor which is likely Steve’s console.

Not included in the suggested decks for some reason is a new killer Lustig. This is the same style of card as Abagnale, both of which are named after con-men

Predicted Influence breakdown is as follows:
Steve - Laguna x 2 (4 inf) - Gordian x 2 (6 inf) - Akamatsu x 1 (1 Inf) - Mammon x 2( 2 inf) - Biometric Spoofing x 2 (2 inf)
Ayla - Stimhack x 1 (1 inf) - Special Order x 3 (6 inf) - Datasucker x 3 (3 inf) - Dean Lister x 2 ( 2 inf ) - Biometric Spoofing x 2 (2 inf) - Mammon x 1 (1 inf)

Unfortunately, I think this means biometric spoofing costs 1 influence as this is the best picture I could stitch together from the cards we know.

More over-analysis coming for the corps (edited for a spelling mistake)

7 Likes

Not as many unseen cards for the Corps
Each have 2 Unseen Agendas and 1 other unseen card

The point totals for these agendas seem interesting…

Starting with Seidr
3 ABT
3 of the unknown Successful Field Test
1 unknown Elective Upgrades
With a 46(?why tho?) card deck this needs 20-21 points
20 -21 minus the 6 for the known ABTs leaves 14 or 15 points.
I think the most reasonable possible spread is
Successful Field Test is a 3 pointer and Elective Upgrades is a 5 pointer - madness
There also seems to have an unseen piece of ice called Tapestry - no data but my guess is Code Gate. I also can’t account for 4 of the influence so maybe Tapestry is Weyland?

Skorpios
Doing the count now, I don’t think Skorpios is legal? (39 cards) Special rules for the campaign?
at 39 cards, the agenda point rules would require 16 or 17 points so 3 Armored Servers and 2 Grafts make up these points
Possible point breakdowns are:
AS - 3 points each, Graft - 4 points each = 17 points
AS - 2 points each, Graft - 5 points each = 16 points
AS - 4 points each, Graft - 2 points each = 16 points
AS - 5 points each, Graft - 1 point each = 17 points

There is also a previously unseen upgrade called K. P. Lynn

At the very least, both corps seem to have some strange agendas on the way. (edited for spelling)

5 Likes

This is so in depth man <3. You’re doing god’s work

2 Likes

There are campaign agendas that you don’t get to see until after you build your deck. The rule book tells you that there are three of them, worth a total of six points. So the Skorpios deck will be 42 cards after those are added, meaning it needs a total of 18 or 19 points, of which Armored Servers & Graft will have to provide 12 or 13. Probably Armored Servers is worth 2 and Graft is worth 3, for a total of 12. Could be 3 & 2 for 13 points, though. Or 1 & 5, or even 4 & 0, but those seem unlikely.

5 Likes

Only 2 Account Siphon has to be wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

The example lists assume you build them with only the expansion and a single Core Set, and that restricts it to two Account Siphons. :wink: I find it way more shocking they actually expect me to play Aurora.

6 Likes

Its only ONE Core + TD :wink:

1 Like

Ah, thank you for clearing that up, I was getting concerned…

As others have noted, there are some other errors in the document with sample deck listed. So, I wouldn’t be surprised if some errors throw off some of your math about influence costs, agenda points, etc.

…and then presumably proxy the 3rd Datasucker and Magnum Opus?

2 Likes

And Modded!

It seems likely that those are errors. The other three lists appear to have correctly kept to the one core set limit.

1 Like

For the record, in any given match up, there will be 2 cores available for either side (both players have 1, but only need the cards associated with the side they’re playing). Might be cumbersome under extremely niche circumstances, but you could easily allow 2x core without causing problems.

This is likely true for organized play, but I think the target audience for pre-made decklists in Netrunner products is people who mainly play the pre-constructed decks in the core, and I suspect they’re very likely to have only one core set that they share with their partner, or that they play with people who don’t own any Netrunner products.

And even if the target audience was people who have one core per player, I think it would still be pretty awkward to have to borrow cards from your opponent.

3 Likes