Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

this is why i think it’s p much only good for APEX who desperately needs economy options, and throwing in a few Fan Sites for extra credits is about as desperate as he is for econ

i think it’s moderately good for Hayley who can spam out Fan Sites without much bother, but it’s competing with Artist Colony. i don’t see it for anyone else, despite ‘but Data Dealer costs influence in Shaper!’

[quote=“ironcache, post:548, topic:8320”]
Let’s not neglect that this is also far more versatile than data dealer. Sure, SG is 9 credits, but that’s ​just an option. Not necessarily the game plan.
[/quote]i don’t know if i’d say it’s ‘far’ more versatile, but yes, it has other options. but using Shadow Net for extra Sure Gambles has to be ‘just an option. Not necessarily the game plan,’ otherwise you’re using two cards to do what one card did before (that no one was using already anyway)

Sure Gamble is 9, and there doesn’t really seem to be any better of an economy option. sure, High-Stakes Job is 12 and a run (if it’s successful), but it also requires an unrezzed piece of ice, so the options are a lot more limited. sure, Day Job is 10, but that’s only 1 more than Sure Gamble, Lucky Find is the same. i think i’d rather just try to consider Dirty Laundry (if i needed to maximise my clicks for that turn)

i don’t think is really all that great with Siphon (one i’ve seen mentioned a lot). with Aaron, you can drop Same Old Thing and use it that turn and still not have to worry about the tags. hell, you can play Siphon, Same Old Thing, and recur that same Siphon all in the same turn with 4 Aaron counters

so i don’t think this can really be an economy card (except for Apex, but only cos he’s really desperate)

i also see people mentioning Mad Dash and Freedom Through Equality, and i’m not seeing it. forfeiting a 0-point Fan Site for 1 agenda point sure can be game-winning, you’re more likely to just have the card in your hand to play normally. Shadow Net is just a safety net for if those cards get discarded but also requires Fan Site, News Team/Shi-kyu/etc., 0-point agendas… or you could just run Same Old Thing
and i don’t see putting in all the resources for getting Mad Dash/Notoriety/Freedom Through Equality in my score area and then saccing them for 9-10, cos it’s potentially a loss in credits anyway, but also i think i’d rather have the agenda point in the end, especially if i’m making a deck running these kinds of cards. it’ll be a lot easier to just score 1 extra point to close out the game

i feel like it has to be some kind of combo card for you. for Apex, could be good. as an economy card, it fits ok-ish where Data Dealer isn’t an option and Apex is desperate for economy. Apex can also leverage an Apocalypse in the bin after running all centrals, and then the card can turn itself into more fodder for Heartbeat and Endless Hunger and things like that

4 Likes

Apex really just wanted a card that can flip over cards, bypassing the install restriction.

1 Like

Any news regarding street date?

https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/review-android-netrunner-terminal-directive/

There are a few new spoilers here, the Agendas: Elective Upgrade and Evidence Collection(Evidence seems to be a story Agenda so won’t be legal for deckbuilding otherwise)

There is also a runner resource with an interesting ability: Investigator Inez Delgado which may be a story card (I unfortunately cannot see the space on the card where this would be listed to confirm its status.)

I certainly hope it is not limited to the Campaign, it seems interesting

3 Likes

Unfortunately it’s got a sticker over its text box so it’s a campaign card.

Darn, I wondered how TD would relate the story of a rogue bioroid to games of Netrunner, and it sounds like they basically just… didn’t? I’m pretty shocked that FFG would be so inept at weaving story and gameplay, as I assumed they would use the fantastic Arkham Horror card game as a trial run for this, and AHCG weaves together story and gameplay really well.

I’m still looking forward to new cards, and of course weird new rules changing how the game is played. But this was hyped as a narrative experience and now just new cards + weird rules, and it sounds like it doesn’t live up to all that.

2 Likes

I dunno, it seems like everything he said is consistent with the fusion of story and gameplay being as good as that in Arkham Horror. Especially given the substance of the complaints: possibly not written by a professional? check. plot not specific to its protagonists? double check.
We’ll see. The fact that Quinns thinks it doesn’t live up to its limitless potential doesn’t strike me as a reason to abandon hope just yet.

Arkham has hundreds of possible combinations of investigators, Terminal Directive has two. I don’t think anyone expected Arkham to customize for your investigators.

But the worst part of his complaint was when he said the plot isn’t about hackers vs corporations. In Arkham, plot and gameplay are always deeply intertwined, with much of the story taking place within the scenario. If you’re not going to intertwine them, you should just put the story in a novella and keep it out of the game.

2 Likes

kind of surprised there were so many campaign spoilers in that article considering how they handled all the massive warnings for spoilers in pandemic legacy and seafall

that said, there’s another card that gets added to the score area as a 0-point agenda, so yay for Shadow Net… but it’s a connection so APEX can’t use it /rip

In the comments, Quinns clarified that Delgado is campaign-only, so no great loss there

I feel like Apex wants The Shadow Net more than anyone else. Turns out he can actually run Fan Sites, too, so the potential is there. I feel that if there’s an Apex deck that doesn’t want to run Apocalypse, it definitely wants Shadow Net. Not that you can’t run them both, just that Apocalypse is a bit of anti-synergy.

I’m… mostly certain that the new cards are campaign only? Elective Upgrades is the standout; that could be a non-campaign card quite easily.

yeah, they could be campaign-only. one of them is definitely campaign only. Damon mentioned in the interview that some of the packs had really powerful cards because they were just balanced for the campaign.

I GUESS WE SHALL SEE lol

1 Like

ah skipped over this. yeah, saw a bunch of campaign spoilers and kinda stopped reading. i guess they were all campaign spoilers then? lol :confused:

I skimmed some of the pictures because spoilers, but in general the campaign “spoilers” provided a bit of information about how some of the campaign mechanisms will work, but nothing about the story.

they were also all from the first pack, i.e. cards you will see when you set up the first game.

4 Likes

that’s good to know, thanks.

Team Covenant (@botounami) seems to be saying that Terminal Directive will be released on April 27th:

Although the title of the event still says Date TBD.

Some folks on the Facebook group have confirmed with at least on distrubutor that the date is correct:

I’m checking with the store where I play, to see if I can get another point of confirmation.

1 Like

My store also said the 27th.

1 Like

Mine said 27th is what they’ve been told, as long as FFG doesn’t change it.

1 Like

Everything we know has it on the 27th! Targeting subscriptions for that date.

1 Like