Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I don’t understand “Long-Term Investment”. What’s the benefit? Looks like a worse Thomas Haas to me that’s constantly sucking credits and I need a click to retrieve them.

And why does “Biometric Spoofing” has the exact same card art as “Bio-Modeled Network” from Deadalus Complex, but crediting a different artist?

1 Like

Savant looks like a real payoff for playing the “unused mem” deck, along with deep data mining. I mean, its awkward and probably not competitive, but it is at least good enough for a tier 2 fun deck, unlike adept and sage, which are just awful. Stick it on Dagdeer, slap down a paperclip, and go to town :smile:

Random first impressions:

If I were to guess, Long-Term Investment is supposed to be pulling credits from the bank.

So if the runner doesn’t trash it for four turns, you can cash it in. Maybe toss a Expo Grid in there to make some drip while it’s building up?

Something I was thinking about with Illegal Arms Factory is tossing a Mumbad Virtual Tour in there with it, and just letting it be. If the runner wants to get it, they’ve gotta pay 11 credits total on that run?

I wish Graft didn’t require you to show the cards you’re pulling. I mean, you just scored a bloody 5/3, have some sort of reward… Might be neat out of Jemison, though, to get more of your combo pieces into HQ and ready to roll.

Illicit Sales actually seems pretty decent in a rush deck. You’re going to be playing Hostile Takeovers anyway, might as well make some more cash on all that bad pub you already generated. I do wonder if there’s going to be more bad-pub-interacting Weyland cards coming down the pipe, they seem to be pushing it harder with this box.

With the right ICE set-up, I think Armored Servers is going to set up some kills by shredding the runner’s hand if they want to get in that run. I mean, out of TD remember that K.P. Lynn and Mr. Stone are things. If the runner shreds their hand getting into the server, the tag and meat might pop them. There’s also always those DRT fellows, too…

Heck, combo K.P. and a splash of Mason, since she’s not a Sysop. The runner burns their clicks to get into the server, and now that they don’t have any, they won’t have a way to get rid of their tags now for a nice explosion party.

1 Like

3x SoT, 3x Déjà vu?

Related; I brought PPVP Whizzard to a recent event locally. Feels very strong.

I’m really excited to try Titan rush/FA again when this comes out. Agendas that net you credits as you score them is key to that game plan. Having a biotic-able (or sansanable) option for your last point also gives you a path to closing the game. Before Rumor Mill was everywhere, Sandburg was really nice in this archetype for making your gear-check ice reasonably taxing while you dig for your last point (especially once you start shitting bad pub). Sifr/parasite and Faust were also very hard on rush (as you can no longer effectively gear check, and low strength ice gets destroyed almost instantly). I’m hoping MWL 1.2 plus new cards that interact with bad pub puts some juice back into this strategy.

I’m really excited for Laguna Velasco district. I threw together a deck running 3 of them, 3 aesop’s, 2 caches, 3 harbinger out of Haley, and it feels like a real deck. You tear through your deck and get filthy rich once the engine is online, and with Aaron you have an answer to the problem of someone never-advancing a breaking news and trashing your 5 cost resource.

1 Like

Until MCA + CT gets an errata, Aaron can’t keep resources safe. If it can setup fast enough you can likely go trash him, but it’s something to keep in mind.

Hah! I didn’t catch this on the first read. The other interpretation makes this card less than worthless – it becomes a really, really terrible Sealed Vault (which isn’t exactly a strong card to begin with).

Long Term Investment is a Public Support that gives you money instead of points. A 1 of, maybe.

SYN Attack seems great for Leela. The turn after you get a few tokens on your Medium, you can either force the corp to let you see four new cards or make HQ a better target. Seems to provide the exact kind of game-sealing moments Leela needs.

1 Like

Fair point. I do think that that particular strategy is going to be challenged by Skorpios’ ID ability, and/or Ark Lockdown. I’ll be curious to see how Rumor Mill popularity changes with MWL + TD release.

Great find. I had to check and confirm that the physical card art of Bio-modeled Network was the same as the spoiled Biometric Spoofing from Terminal Directive and not some NRDB error.

For LTI - it’s from the bank. They’ve started to omit “from the bank” on these types of cards a while ago. Unless it says “from your credit pool” like it does for Sealed Vault, then it’s from the bank.

4 Likes

Two pretty big mess ups there. Using the same art twice is bad enough, but then giving credit for someone’s work to someone else is a pretty big mess up. If I was the artist who created this and someone else was listed as the illustrator I would be pretty mad.

2 Likes

I’ve also been using 2x Rumor Mill. 6 influence hurts, but I’ve also had glacier players Ark Lockdown 1x RM thinking that they’d be safe, and just mess them up. Though, I’ve been tinkering with the list to go down to 1x RM 1x Sifr (the 2x RM is clutch against the sea of Caprice though). PPVP makes the draw/economy engine really mean. It’s probably not as degenerate as it was, but I went from wearing a nice 2-piece suit to a wife-beater while making my list, so I think it’s still sufficiently so.

TheBigBoy also recently published a MaxX list that runs 2x RM, which he’s been reportedly having success with. So, I think it’s safe to say, as I’ve felt for awhile, MWL 1.2 did not sufficiently demolish these cards. I really wish FFG would just reconsider on the whole ban list thing.

1 Like

Fair enough. I haven’t played a lot of games lately, so it’s possible that I’m being naively optimistic about Rumor Mill post-MWL.

On an unrelated note, now that we’ve seen all the Shaper cards, how do people feel about Bios? What kind of deck building or game playing strategies work best with her?

I like her increased consistency, but I’m worried that her relatively limited access to economic discounts will hold her back relative to Kate. But maybe that’s not fair?

I was worried about power creep, so it’s an odd relief that Demara, while way better than Aurora, is still really bad. It’s a shame that the art’s so cool.

1 Like

Oh and Savant says “There is nothing permanent except for change.” Usually misattributed to Heraclitus, the official philosopher of unused MU.

6 Likes

OMG! Eater + Magnum + Vamp + Ice Destro… this is like the actually good version of my first MaxX deck, which I played during 2015’s SC season. That deck was a ton of fun; this list looks actually good because the cardpool is much better for it now.

Neat.

both neutral assets are super garbo tbh