Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Oh now that is an interesting valuation puzzle. I love it.

Fingers crossed for a full 15 influence!

Iā€™m not sorry.

6 Likes

Siphon. Successful run, do you want to let me take siphon or siphon into hand?

Same old thing or same old thing? En Passant or Emergency. Oh and hereā€™s the other one you didnā€™t pick that I had in hand. GG.

Steve-oā€™s title is ā€œMaster Grifterā€ ā€¦ so obviously he is mostly intended to work with the ā€œGrifterā€ criminal resource. Seems legit.

1 Like

When did Events go to the Heap again?

If I play Account Siphon as Steve, can I choose that same siphon as a card for recursion, or do I have to have another copy in the heap to benefit from Steveā€™s ability?

(Not that the Corp would give me the siphon if I only had oneā€¦)

Thatā€™s 5 syphons and 5 sot a game ;/

1 Like

Events go to the heap when they are done resolving. For Siphon, this means when the run is over. Which means it isnā€™t in the Heap when Steve triggers. (Also, lol, I love that they named someone ā€˜Steveā€™ and it looks like heā€™ll actually be Pretty Good.)

3 Likes

I thought it was like that.

Iā€™m not really sold on Steve. Only thing I can come up with for him is lots of Siphon recursion, but he probably needs an AI for thatā€¦

Yeah but 5x Emergency Shutdown, 5x Syphon, 5x SoT, 5x Temujin a deck, still.
What about a lawyer up after a syphon ?

Oh man, he seems to be super strong !

5 Clone Chips or 5 Parasites, 5 Faeriesā€¦

Is this the case? ā€œMake a runā€ refers to the initialization of a run on a given server, as far as I understood it (see this conversation that seems relevant to me).

If thatā€™s the case, wouldnā€™t the run initiate when evaluating ā€œmake a runā€, satisfying the card and allowing it to trash?

i wouldnā€™t think so because the card describes things occurring after the run (successful run, replacing access, taking tags).

I mean, that could technically be correct, but then you could still say Siphon is fully resolved after a ā€œsuccessful runā€ occurs (which would potentially be before Steve, since you choose order).

If ā€œmake a runā€ doesnā€™t refer to the entire duration of the run, then it works with Steve Iā€™m pretty sure. If it does, then I think there might be indiscrepancies in the linked conversation (unsure though; would have to reread it and evaluate).

Actually thinking about it a little more, Siphon has to fire first due to it being a constant effect (if successful), but it also wouldnā€™t finish evaluating until getting to the access phase, so it might be the case that Steve fires before Siphon fully resolves.

Though, also not certain it couldnā€™t be the case that Siphon leaves a floating ā€œif successfulā€ ability and is considered resolved. I have a feeling that thereā€™s past-precedent on this issue, but canā€™t recall it off hand (too many rules to keep track ofā€¦).

Regardless, can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that ā€œifā€ specifically denotes a constant ability (and not a conditional)? Truly, the most intuitive of things.

/ruleslawyerrant

1 Like

The way it makes sense is that constant effects are those that do not reference time (ā€˜whenā€™, ā€˜the first timeā€™). Because thatā€™s what a constant is.

1 Like

Syphon is an event and not a current. Itā€™s discarded right after all effects on it have been played, like all events but currents.

Rules p.11
"Events represent singular occurrences and are always trashed after being played." + the Ā§ after this. The conditionnal on it is done the same time as Steve, the runner choose which one goes first.

My counter-argument is such:

Cold Read

1 Like
3 Likes

The conditionnal on it is done the same time as Steve, the runner choose which one goes first.

Siphon sets up a constant ability, while Steve is conditional; Siphon occurs first without choice, because constant > conditional.

From link: An event that initiates a run is a special case, and is not trashed until the run itself is completed.

Alright thatā€™s that; canā€™t use Steve with Siphon.

If, uh, anyone wants to debate pedantry further, Iā€™ll be in my cave located next to the rules clarification threadā€¦ we do taco Tuesdaysā€¦ itā€™s generally a pretty wild time.

11 Likes