Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

what about the fact that since a run card starts a run, the run is one of the effects of the card that has to end before its trashed?

1 Like

iā€™m not sure what your question is. ironcache quoted the relevant text that such a run would have to complete before the event is trashed (unless he edited his post after your question; in which case, nvm)

not a true spoiler, but thought iā€™d share it anyway

background on the image: i made a post on fb about things in related media that remind you of Netrunner and posted this image. Damon responded with this:

5 Likes

10/10 would Oh Maker anytime : this refrainā€¦ <3
Great album ! :slight_smile:

Then there is an android (a clone ?) who is willing to be human another time : Frankeinstein meme, again. The golem escaping its creator. Fighting for Liberty, he/she must be Anarch.

I guess itā€™s a she and named Caprice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great album, and as @anon34370798 alluded to it deals with a lot of the same themes that are central to the Android universe. Itā€™s a concept album about a future where humans and android coexist; thereā€™s a lot of hate and violence towards androids, but also a thriving underground scene where they can be free.

Iā€™d absolutely recommend this album and its followup, Electric Lady. Itā€™s infinitely danceable psychadelic pop with a strong Motown vibe.

1 Like

there are no anarch cards in terminal directive

yeah, i didnā€™t want to geek out so much myself about it, but if i were to pick a faction for Cindi Mayweather, itā€™d be Anarch as well, so iā€™m glad someone else went there already. also, that very reason makes me very curious to see what Damon has come up with for our Shaper runner (i think we can rule out the Criminal as being influenced by it lol)

Hey, maybe Steve is Sir Greendown.

Oh, imagine if Caprice was a runner and they made her fit thematically by implying the other corp Caprice was a fake

3 Likes

which would be really interesting because i think in the lore, Caprice is one of a few clones whoā€™s supposed to be unique. i really wouldnā€™t put it past Jinteki to make a few backups ā€˜just in caseā€™ or whatever

What would her ability be? Something with expose?

Maybe she gets some kind of psi advantage or mechanic?

Both?

1 Like

Click, expose a card, if itā€™s a unique upgrade, treat the text as blank until the end of the turn and force the Corp to rez if able.

She is detective after all.

If the corp spends 2 credits during a psi game, the runner can spend 2 credits to repeat it once per turn

ā€œThere is no Caprice MKIIā€ sounds as expeditive as an agenda counter use.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Clic, expose a card in a server: if unique asset/upgrade then trash it. If agenda then the corp scores it.

Unless Jinteki outright ā€˜replacesā€™ all her 20(+/-?) sisters, Caprice probably isnā€™t going anywhere her master doesnā€™t want her to go to.

That being said, her runner ability would probably be all Mind Games Psi Tricks to bypass all those ICE, especially those semi-intelligent Bioroid ones which her masterā€™s most hated rival love to use. What better humiliation then using a Clone to make a mockery of Bioroid-protected servers?

1 Like

did you mean to reply to me?

Caprice is just the first of the Mk II series. All her sisters are still in the tanks kind of asleep. If you have played the Android board game she is like a trial run of the genome. If she slips into madness the sisters get recycled! :frowning:

7 Likes

Only the yomi-est yomi god ever would dare. I love it, especially the flavorful interaction with psychic field.

1 Like

Caprice is actually the third mkII. They order them alphabetically.

1 Like

so do we know who A and B were?

7 Likes