The Geist Zeitgeist

So what’s the latest hot list, boys? Interested in the NACH list. Got wrecked by Dan’s Haarpsichord 24/7 deck last night.

I don’t think there’s ‘a list’ right now. Everyone is trying different things, and I am feeling a lot of the tweaks are very dependent on the local meta (HB vs NEH, Weyland or not, D&D or not…).

GIVE ME THE DECKLIST THAT WILL WIN WORLDS FOR ME

:wink:

10 Likes

I think the efficency you gain is by not having to install your decoder more than once and saving a Clone Chip for something else. You might be able to lean on Crowbar for the small guys to cover as well. With Parasite being so pervasive I’m just not seeing a lot of Quandary and Yagura.

You are 100% right about Viper though. Stupid AB Team. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, in the situation I’m trying to work Peacock in I’m adding E3s and a Grappling Hook with the extra space. Having a better answer for Curtain Wall might be nice.

We’ll see. If I hate it I’ll just go back to Passport/Rex. But having a card give you more board presence, even it is a bit more expensive, could be beneficial.

1 Like

I was playing the below, but Eater is really frustrating me these days. Too much NBN rush around for me to feel good about derezzing ICE, and having a rough solution for wraparound is not really ideal. I think it’s a good deck, but I’ve had too many games just be REALLY frustrating lately due to tricky breakers. I think I’m going back to B&E for now to access some cards.

Geist in the Shell, by @mendax

Armand “Geist” Walker: Tech Lord (The Underway)

Event (12)

Hardware (6)

Resource (17)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

EDIT: I’m actually slowing down on netrunner for a bit and playing more Virtua Fighter, but that’s for the Fighting Games thread!

I’ve actually been playing Gabe over Geist for the last few weeks because his momentum is absolutely crazy with Faust. The best Geist list is most likely some take on the NACH variant, especially against Butchershop.

Also @linuxmaier, hell YES you’re playing some Virtua Fighter! Wolf Hawkfield is my hero.

Did some more testing (B&E style) tonight. Here’s my thoughts.

a) Sodding Turing on a remote, with NEXT everywhere. What HB decks run 3 Turing? That one did. It’s too high strength to Crowbar reliably, and paying 5 with Cerberus Rex is no good. And 4 to rez means it’s barely a worthwhile target! Eugh!

b) For the shorter games, Security Testing seems completely inferior to Bank Job, and they compete for spare clicks. For longer games, Security Testing gets turned off easily. I’m unhappy with this card.

c) I remain torn between Maker’s Eye, and Peddler/R&D Interface.

Yeah, I’ve been ambivalent about Sec Testing vs More Bank Job, but testing is just REALLY strong against NBN early. So is Bank Job, obviously, but having the continued income is a really good thing when you have to pay a lot of extra money trashing important stuff. Dropping it and going entirely Bank Job is respectable, though.

I almost feel Symmetrical Visage would pay out better. Money is rarely the cap, it’s cards and clicks. But when money is the cap, Security Testing is not the answer.

Technical Writer once D&D drops?

Man, I am looking forward to Tech Trader. That might be enough to boost this deck up a notch.

I’m not convinced. Looks good on paper, of course, but my suspicion is that it’s going to encourage installing things over running.

Unless you’re hayley, and maybe noise with mass install and good draw, pass on it. Not worth it.

That said, in Hayley, Ye gods.

Now you know my pain. Remote Turing is 4 with Peacock btw.

But but, it has a trash-ability, it must be for Geist!

Tech writer is for the long game for those that installs a lot. I am not convinced that Geist really wants to install all that much, B&E suite delays both his draw and his pressure. B&E should be used for cost savings, and you need a couple of breakers out before they become good.

Might be good in heavy programs Hayley (maybe paired with aesops?).

I had plenty of Rex tokens (also 4 btw). I just did not have did not have 8 credits to run through a pair of them!

1 Like

I took Geist to a tournament today- he beat 2 Titan decks, but lost badly against a pair of HB Team Sponsorship (one FA SanSan, one with PriReqs) and a Team Turtles NEH.

There is not enough economy for the interfaces, and not enough clicks to install the many things you need, to draw, and to trash assets.

Turing and Tollbooth remain an utter disaster for this deck on a remote.

I’m going to change things up a bit, but I’m pretty sure that it needs to be a very different deck to stand a chance against anything with a big code gate on a remote.

Guessing no extra link.

My experience has usually been that after the corp has enough cash together to Rez big code gates on the remote, you have enough installed so you can break with a crowbar. Link helps but that doesn’t mean you should play it :stuck_out_tongue:

The best ‘tech card’ for this deck is wormhole or asteroid belt. But they’re very rare sightings in the wild.

1 Like

I had one extra link. But what good is it on the bottom of the deck?

Turing is four credits. It doesn’t take long for HB to put that together. (Not to mention Beta Test with Team Sponsorship).

And then consider Little Engine which stopped me getting in against a Turtles deck…

So yeah, this deck just isn’t able to handle that stuff. I think you want to be minimising the runs while maximising accesses if this deck is going to get anywhere. Drive By looks appealing, as it stops face down cards serving double duty as bait and economy - like Kate, this deck can fall over on a mistimed run but has much less chance to recover.

And I think you need a link, which slows everything down. Eugh.

Is everyone playing 1x Femme Fatale. I know it’s expensive, but it’s also pretty good value. That solves some of the trouble. I cut it once. I regretted it. That card has won me 2-3 games.

2 Likes

Yup, I was playing it. It was good; let me land a Siphon and get rid of a Tollbooth.