The MaxX Thread

We’ve had to wait for it for an entire cycle,

but now it’s payback time, lotus field. Get. Spooned.

7 Likes

I don’t know what you mean about anarch ebony sucking now cAlimsha. I’very been running plastcreteless due to the economy.

Thumbs up to the guy that suggest planned.

None of the econ-option from Anarch are efficient. Either it’s click intensive (Day Job), have a HUGE upfront cost (Liberated) or dangerous (Queen Gambit). It’s not you can’t have cash in anarch, it’s how they generate their creds. Compared on the options from other faction, it’s just plainly inefficient and tend to create a huge tempo drop.

To be fair, Shaper’s Econ isn’t great either but then, they have Kate, arguably one of the best econ ID (so good that she can change an average to bad econ engine to something awesome - see PPvP / Lucky Find) in the game and some of the most efficient breaker available with Lady, CyCy and Atman.

1 Like

No disrespect to you bro, but at this point I strongly feel you’re just theorycrafting. All those matches against Anarch since O&C got rezzed paint a wildly different picture.

It’s not about Anarch econ efficiency in a vacuum, it’s about how they compare to you, given how much you get slowed down by trying to not lose right here and now.

5 Likes

Never! Too bad my deck fell apart vs. a real nasty Leela build. I had my fun, now to find a new corp deck…

amp up to trade brain dmg for cash outside a run.

MaxX makes me shit my pants right now like Andy did at the end of Genesis. It’s been a while since I’ve been absolutely beat down while playing corp. 3 Crisums have gone into all the Weyland jank I’ve been playing.

The one deck building decision I’m still confused has caught on is PPVP in MaxX. Is it a security blanket in case the game goes long? Each one has to be used about 6 times before they pull ahead of just playing 3 more events in their place.

4 Likes

I’ve been testing those new Anarchs ID myself (mostly valencia but a bit of MaxX as well) and against a strong corp player who don’t start to lose their composure on the threat of some potential pressures, they just fall flat. You can’t make that many Keyhole Run before running dry (an Eli cost 4 to break, Architect 3, Wraparound 6) and the number of cuttlery cards they can play early on won’t be high, especially with MaxX since she also need her recursion for almost every thing else. And I’m not even talking about cards who outright counter their gameplan like Crisium, Caprice or Swordsman.

Seriously, I’ve been winning against high centrals pressure anarch myself since core just by playing aggressively in remote and by taking the risk to ignore some central pressures a couple of turns instead of reacting conservatively against. It has paid off since the beginning and I truly don’t see how the new cards can change that.

3 Likes

Yeah, I understand the game plan against central pressure. MaxX isn’t all powerful, but she definitely does it better than any Anarch has before her. She’s the Gabe of this current meta, and she can win early as consistently as he did back in Genesis and Spin.

3 Likes

I absolutely agree that just Eater isn’t enough, and people will figure out how to deal with it sooner or later. But how about the big-rig MaxX variants? With RetRun and Morningstar, it’s never been easier to dump on Eli. And you have Femmes.

1 Like

Out-of-band observation: Chopbot re-enables Test Run in MaxX - chop something to draw the card you test ran last turn.

4 Likes

You run corroder for Wraparound, but it isn’t desperate. Knifed makes me worried about Eli in the short-medium term while everyone is messing about with these new anarchs. 2 clicks and he’s done. MaxX seems bonkers to me. Really dramatically good. Need to corp up against her before going to store champs. She’s great fun to play too. Cling on and enjoy the ride.

2 Likes

Defense against eater.

A lot of decks are running eater as their prime breaker. Having big ice forked by eater is a big tempo swing.

Small cheap ice that has only a hard etr can protect larger ice.

My favorite ice for this is rainbow…

1 Like

It seems to me that the real question for MaxX more than the others is the Breaker Suite. You can’t rely on necessarily getting multiple of the same card due to the overdraw effect, but you can sure guarentee getting a single one in play somehow.

I’m trying to see what would be most flexible, and it’s… hard.
Traditional + Datasucker is less effective now, and is MU heavy. But it’s possible.
Atman-type suites rely on a lot of influence, in addition to likely a LARLA.
Eater+Cutlery may work, but needs that Keyhole and Hades Shard.
Darwin+Hivemind, possibly with Overmind/Crypsis?
This newfangled Eater+Femme+knight? (see above, Eater+Cutlery). What happens vs Caprice? etc.
Big Breaker Splashes (Garrote, Torch, etc) brought into play with Retrieval Runs?

Other than the RR play, the other breaker suites you listed should be possible for all the Anarch IDs too. This makes Anarch deckbuilding to be kind of a pain but is also a blessing at the same time. Just too many options man.

Eater+Femme+Knight (and maybe Morningstar) seems like the best. Include just enough secondary breakers to discourage scoring behind a 1-ice remote, then commence with the Keyhole/Wanton/Siphoning.

1 Like

Sweet jesus this (= Eater / Keyhole / MO / Ice Destro) still feels gross. Dude was even rocking 3x Crisium, but yes, I will eat all of your gods-danged ICE and then I will Wonton your entire F’in hand, and then I will have you locked the F out, son. I milled all keyholes / MOs / support except 1x Eater and 1x Deja vu on the first time 'round; had just LARLA’d when I topdecked the win. Punk rock.

Edit: Why siphon? MO, y’all.

3 Likes

MO makes a lot of sense and would make the deck much more of a threat to glacier decks but needing additional memory is tough. Are you just using Grimoire?

I’ve chosen Eater / Crypsis / Corroder / Cuj0.

Reason is either you draw Corroder / Cuj0 / AI, either you draw AI alone, either you draw Corroder or Cuj0 alone waiting for an AI (<=6 left in your deck).

In a recent MaxX build I’ve also been running MO and it’s been really nice.At times I do feel like i’m playing Anarcromeda on turn 1.