The MaxX Thread

PM me if you want to play against a good NEH Fastrobiotic player. I’ve been chaining victory against Eater/Keyhole maxx with NEH those last days. Still unimpressed.

3 Likes

definitely play Calim for NEH and bblum for Blue Sun/HB ITD

Puh-lease, I’ve been doing that with random Jinteki decks in their first iteration :stuck_out_tongue:

@hypomodern if you’re around early or I’m around late (damn you planet), I’m up for anything :smiley:

Well there’s a lot of stuff to do play-wise to hose Maxx/Keyhole and without even changing any cards from top tier archetype. I’m gonna say that Fastrobiotic, RP, Blue Sun Glacier and both HBFA and HB Deadcoat already have all the tools they need to beat maxx reliably.

2 Likes

Yes, Blue Sun is totally fine in the matchup.

Curtain Wall on deck
Eater costs 11 to break
   No Keyhole today
3 Likes

Double Wraparound work as well.

I have indeed been quite happy mashing up MaxX with Deadcoats, and certainly that’s not a matchup I fear.

A MaxX deck that isn’t running corroder is just trying to lose IMO.

4 Likes

Guess all those SC winner shouldn’t have won their tournament eh ?

Ok I’ll put it another way.

When the deck was new and untried in competative circles and people might not have bothered to tech against it then sure you could get away without worrying too much about corp counter measures.

Where we are now, where MaxX/Eater is the thing people are talking about and teching against because it’s been proven to be able to win and where the easiest way to tech against it is to include copies of a 2 cost ICE that is pretty damn good in its own right and brutal against an AI only deck but it entirely switched off by running one or two copies of the best/second best fracter in the game which has the added bonus of allowing to access agendas in servers protected only by barriers (which if you are running cutlery you can force the corp into) at the same efficency as using Eater, in those circumstances making the choice not to run corroder seems like making a sub-optimal choice to me.

Happier :-)?

6 Likes

At this point if you need a sentry breaker for the eventual swordsman an a corroder to hose wraparound, why are you still playing Eater ?

4 Likes

Oh, I plan on pivoting away from this Eater nonsense as soon as it doesn’t just win games :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just play against good players with tournament capable decks and you will see that Eater/Keyhole/Siphon can and will be played around really easily.

Well, I definitely look for this whenever I play online, so maybe I’ll see you there :slight_smile:

This thread reminds me of the Iraqi guy who was on TV denying the invasion the entire time.

Maxx is not winning, eater is not wrecking face. Everything is normal!

2 Likes

I think your statement is wrong.

virtually all the max decks at I’ve been playing against have been eater decks. so your statement probably applies to just one type of Max deck.

Max is young, and a good interesting id. Im sure other ingesting decks are out there.

1 Like

Femme recursion works pretty well too.

I want to test Astrobiotics, NEH DRT, and Blue Sun glacier against MaxX. I’ve gotten a few games in so far, but want to get more. I wouldn’t describe myself as a top tier player overall, but I’m no slouch with those three decks.

However, it’s Netrunner league night for me tonight, so I won’t be able to test until tomorrow night.

It’s an interesting question as to whether full rig or all-in on Eater is better. But there’s an enormous difference between running one mimic (or Femme) and one corroder to cover an Eater strategy against its weak points and running two-three of each breaker type plus datasuckers plus an MU solution plus a Lotus field solution (which could quite easily end up being Eater plus Spooned anyway).

5 Likes

So I am aware eater is the thing however I’ve already started moving away from it. MaxX is in a neat position to give anarchs a consistent identity. What I mean is that anarchs have always struggled to find their breakers, yet with her ability and a nifty new draw event (I’ve had worse) anarch rig building speed is reaching…dare I say it? MaxX speed!

MaxX Speed (45 cards)
MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock
– Event (20 cards)
3 Day Job
3 Déjà Vu
2 Levy AR Lab Access
2 Lucky Find
2 Retrieval Run
3 I’ve Had Worse
3 Sure Gamble
2 Wanton Destruction
– Hardware (4 cards)
2 MemStrips
2 The Personal Touch
– Program (14 cards)
1 Corroder
3 Datasucker
2 Medium
2 Mimic
1 Morning Star
3 Parasite
2 Yog.0
– Resource (7 cards)
1 Ice Carver
2 Kati Jones
3 Same Old Thing
1 Utopia Shard

A couple of notes on the card choices…

Money Events
With some event economy, even on turns where you just need to gather money your not over drawing and losing some of the cards you’ve drawn. Also just the burst factor for early speed.

Recursion
3 Deja vu/3 SoT/2 Levy/2 Retrieval Run is obvious in the fact you are playing Maxx
I’m only playing 2 RR just out of personal preference (it’s hard to fit everything you want) Also 2! Levys, now one might find this odd with all the recursion but I highly recommend anyone playing maxx to run 2 as multiple games playing with her one was just not enough as I ran out even after the levy.

Memory
More and more am I happy about memstrips, I love Morningstar but have always had a hard time finding the MU for it. With memstrips I now can run some of the virus support that is necessary for anarchs static breakers. In one card I have the MU for medium/datasucker/parasite AND my fancy breaker!

Personal Touch
I refuse to give up Yog, or be forced to run knight/crypsis. It helps everything, it will never be a completely dead card even if they dont have lotus field.

The rest is pretty simple, but Maxx here has five clicks a turn (kinda) and utilizes a solid resource (heap) giving anarch pseudo program tutors (deja vu/Retrieval run) while keeping some of the best programs in the game. I think a traditional rig for the feisty lady could easily be top notch!

2 Likes