The MaxX Thread

Probably one of the most interesting MaxX deck i’ve seen lately. But I fear your econ engine won’t be good enough. Day Job has been really lackluster for me. Giving up an entire turn against any competent corp sucks really hard.

1 Like

I don’t mind day job all that much, but I think 3x kati jones is mandatory.

2 Likes

I also am concerned about money (I tried really hard to stay at that 45 mark, but I might bite the bullet for the 3rd kati)

Day Jobs could turn into other forms of money but just not quite sure what it could be…

I don’t like Eater as a primary breaker myself so I’ve been experimenting with a full breaker suite and focusing on getting a fast set up.

I’ve been experimenting with prepaid, stimhack/clonechip/box-e and Cache econ. It seems like you either have to sacrifice recursion, econ or a good code gate solution. I’m not sure which is best but I’ve actually had the most success with this kind of loony wyldside/cache econ deck. Going through your entire deck in 8 turns is… interesting.

MaxX CachEconomy

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (11)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
3x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
1x Stimhack (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (4)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
1x MemStrips (Order and Chaos)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (11)
2x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) ••••
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Torch (Mala Tempora) ••••
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (13)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) •••
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
1x Incubator (The Source)
2x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
2x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Edit: Accidentally posted an older version.

as @bblum and I learned last night, MaxX with first turn Kati is insane. I guess you could say that for many Runners, but the fact that she gets a free draw alleviates the click loss from Kati moreso than other Runners. bblum doesn’t run Eater/Keyhole, it’s basically MaxX Junk (aka good stuff) with a few tricks

1 Like

MAXXIMUM JUNK ROCK! That’s amazing.

2 Likes

Here’s the list we tested with: max deck · NetrunnerDB

I’m not sold on the 2 atmans as the lotus field solution, perhaps a zu.13 or two and a lucky find or special order or something might be better. Also not sure about exactly which silverwares to run. But it seems solid. Much more resilient than eater/keyhole.

2 Likes

@bblum
If you’re already running 3x Clonechip and want to dedicate 4 influence to a code gate solution Stimhack + Torch is very powerful.

I suppose in your list that might mean adding a plascrete.

perhaps swap the knifeds for spoons? you’re in the faction with the best barrier breakers so perhaps focusing on code gates or sentries would work out better?

queen’s gambits vs. stimhack? (re: clone chips)

curious to see how it pans out, I won’t be playing her for a while

I’ve been playing with mem strips as well for using sage out of max. ++

knifed owns eli, which is a huge tax at 4c for corroder. it also cuts through big barriers with d4v1d like… well you know the saying

2 Likes

This looks pretty good. I have now played against the standard maxx knight keyhole femme eater list a few times now with blue sun, and Maxx gets eaten alive (ironically).

This list looks more like what I expect out of Maxx in future, good econ, good draw, mostly cheap and powerful breakers with datasucker support, a faster version of kate, minus consistent multi access

1 Like

But is Atman really such a great choice against (specifically) Blue Sun?

I am pretty reluctant to put Atman into my Anarch decks just yet. Morningstar/David and Cutlery might be a solution against blue sun. Albeit you must make a few small sacrifices to strengthen this match up, but if I could strike a balance between great RP and great Blue Sun match ups, I would call it a win.

Atman doesn’t seem right, I agree.

That’s what I’m saying! The personal touch all the way!

1 Like

If I could host a Personal Touch on D4v1d, my rig would be unstoppable.

(But it is definitely tempting to go back to the core-set plan of getting one on Yog.0 and calling it a day :slight_smile: .)

1 Like

Before O&C I was slotting Atman in all my Anarch decks as a Lotus Field/Eli/Merlin solution. I was so confident in it I cut Yog, assuming I’d just Parasite Quandries and Enigmas.

I think that was a good call for the general meta before O&C, but Atman is really bad against Weyland Ice. I was actually thinking Gordian Blade instead of Atman, but dusting off my Personal Touches and actually putting them to use seems intriguing. All hail Yog.

ALL HAIL!

Cue Lovecraftian horror emerging from the forums

he’s using atman in his list. presumably that’s a 2c tax

the atman would seem stronger with stimhacks. He needs a quick 7 creds to get to lotus strength.

they were just thoughts

1 Like

Doesn’t Liberated Accounts make more sense than Day Job in a deck that leans on Kati so heavily? It doesn’t even seem better than Armitage if you’re passing up on using Kati to play it.

4 Likes