The MaxX Thread

Kati into Liberated seems durdley somehow?

Minimum two clicks of Katiing up and two turns wait time to enable/play Liberated, which you then can throttle up to day job credits and have another day jobs worth of credits next turn.

Without other econ support, it seems kind of slow compared to just packing Day Job. Especially in MaxX. But you definitely need something longer term to sustain you against glacier.

Gotta admit, I have really liked the momentum that Day Job gets me, especially early game.

1 Like

I think you are right, more and more I play MaxX I don’t want to give up a full turn and would be much happier with LA or AC.

I would try BBlums list -1 Grimoire -3 DJ -1 Wanton +3 Daily +2 Liberated maybe? Then I’d try switching out the Atman package if it turned out not to be doing anything. My current list is playing Inject, Lucky and no Shaper programs, but 1 Zu and less than 3 Luckies would maybe be better. Going up to 3 Kati makes good sense and Inject can be hit or miss.

Breaking code gates is stupid.

1 Like

I agree on liberated vs day. I got too caught up in the new-card hype to notice that LA is 2 more credits in net than DJ and the only reason I was playing DJ was because it packed so much money into one card.

I haven’t tried inject but I’m suspicious of it. I don’t want to be milling myself any extra. Initially I thought it was ridiculous (millstone fallacy) when people said you’d need to spend a lot of time doing “damage control” but seriously… you mill 1/2 to 2/3rds of your deck. After actually playing it, the damage control is real. And it feels like it’s already pushed to its limit.

1 Like

seeing as most of these decks already run retrieval run, why not fit in a torch? fixes the codegate problem in one card and about the same cost as atman

The thing to realize about Inject is that it’s guaranteed to not mill your recursion. In fact, think of it as a draw card for it, which also might or might not get you some money #TheAnarchWay.

(hey @hypomodern, we should totally get that trending on Twitter :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes

I think you need at least 2 cards in the deck (that either are torch or tutor for torch), in addition to clone/retrieval, to consistently be able to respond to some cheeky corp play like trying to score out behind single lotus. 1 torch 1 special order would be fine… but my build isn’t playing retrieval run so i’d rather have it be cheaper.

good point. i’ll try it out.

1 Like

Zu isn’t enough better than crypsis imho. You want to break Lotus field exactly once with spooned. I hate Zu so much. It’s ok for exactly quandary and nothing else. 2 inf can be lucky find. Really good players keep putting Zu in their decks and telling me it’s worth it. I don’t get it.

Yog is the only decoder.

4 Likes

Zu is cheap. Really cheap. It’s 1 inf less than Gordian Blade (which is only okay, mostly). These are its only good points.

1 Like

And really cheap means defense against power shutdown.

1 Like

Agreed I cut 1 inject in mine, and put it right back after 3 games. It draws your econs, and your recursion, giving you a great shot of actually finding RR. In mine, I almost never want to iron price anything, so it being in the trash is fine.

Still loving the Maxx

2 Likes

I’ve been on the Inject bandwagon since it was printed. All hail Inject. That card is insane in Anarch.

4 Likes

I was a sceptic, but after trying it I swiftly converted. I think I’ve Had Worse is better in Noise, but there’s an argument to run them both. They’re really good cards.

RR would be “paying the iron price”. Out of hand would be the gold price. tmyk :wink:

4 Likes

D: sweet jesus. My assumption was that it was taken by force, meaning, I’d hate to pay the full 9 because it would be doing so at sword…point.

Edit: Extortion is what I was thinking of

I myself have realized the power of Injecting. Combo’d with Clone Chips and SMCs, you can play Shaper Anarch! It’s super effective!

1 Like

I’ll slightly disagree. Tested a Siphon build against a gamut of dex (NEHFA, RP, BS SE, PE, Titan, HBFA) with @aandries, and MaxX won most games. If you don’t have cards to damage that build (Closed Accounts, Crisium), I feel like you can have a pretty tough time.

Well, unless you have Caprice on HQ, but that is equally good against all.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been racking win against MaxX with both NEH, HBFA and glacier BS. Most of the time rushing a Key agenda early on then play around siphon was enough to win against. Keyhole is scary but a full turn of keyhole isn’t enough most of the time to turn into a win.

Maybe I’ve been playing against scrub but I really don’t feel this deck menacing at all.

2 Likes

Do you think Eater/Keyhole/Siphon is better than Eater/Keyhole/Wanton? MaxX fans in my meta have been experimenting with both, and the consensus so far seems to be that Siphon, while amazing, is a tough sell at 4 inf when Wanton is in-faction.

(Admittedly, I’m a MaxX fan as well, but Kate is just so damn good right now that I’m playing her rather than experimenting with new stuff.)

I’m not packing Siphon, and I am packing Wanton. Keyhole isn’t usually what gets me wins, tbh; it’s mostly there as a menace. I think I’ve averaged 2pts/game with it, but I’ve also forced corps into huge click, ICE, and credit investments over R&D.

Hades Shard has won me more games than Keyhole :). (Wait for a glacier to cycle agendas with Jackson because they fear Wanton, spend a turn going click for six, install Hades, use Hades… sorry, Mr. Howard!)

4 Likes