The MaxX Thread

Yeah… I pay close attention to runner credits - as soon as they hit 6 single clicking, or earlier if their income is chunky, I pop jackson.

1 Like

Sometimes Mr. Howard has the last laugh though.

Check out this brutal play where I bait a Shard out:

5 Likes

I’m on the fence about Inject. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really good at drawing my econ, but if anything I find that I end up with too many cards in my hand. If you live the dream of Injecting big breaker + RetRun, obviously that’s pretty amazing, but other times I’d pull 4 non-programs (whoops, looks like I’m discarding) or mill Parasites or Eater or something I’d be just as happy to pay for out-of-hand.

I’d still probably run it, except that I also have 3xIHW. Because damn, IHW is a sick card.

Can’t you pop Jackson when they hit 7? You still have a window between the click where they hit 7, and the click where they actually install Hades Shard.

Run all the fun: Siphon, Keyhole, Wanton, Cutlery

1 Like

singularity.

I really enjoyed 2-3 Lucky Find, power nap, 1xlevy, 0-2 shards as an influence package. The doubles in Anarch are really supported by Eater. Having Singularity to defend against cheeky remote play. QG is a pretty good card. I even threw in a Frame Job for giggles. Works quite well. Needs tuning.

1 Like

idk yog isn’t reliable in the current meta imo. i’m more and more questioning playing it at all, it’s at the point where you need datasucker on board to even trust Yog, and sometimes you just don’t have the sucker when you need it. then again anarchs dont really have a better option, call me crazy but FON breaks Lotus for 4 (same as Zu) and enigma for 2. d4v1d for tb and wormhole, Merlin definitely gives FON a hard time, though. might start experimenting with FON, worst case is I lose some games and get some good WTF out of my opponents

You’re crazy, FON breaks lotus for 5 and enigma for 3

4 Likes

I will call you crazy. The math doesn’t check out - FON is $2 to break 2 subs, so you spend a dollar more than Zu to break Lotus, Enigma last click, or Quandary.

1 Like

How are people finding the Scorched matchup? I am not running rich enough to race them with credits. Even with 3x I’ve Had Worse I feel like I should be making room for Plascretes but no one else seems to be…

my bad, thought FON was 2 str. guess my experiments will be less optimal than I had anticipated…

So far so good with just IHW; if I expect scorch, I hold 'em; if I don’t, the + draw is solid.

1 Like

Running 2 plascrete and 0 IHW in mine, it is great.

the money opening turn for maxx is retrieval running some ridiculous breaker in for immediate early game pressure. inject speeds that up so much.

From games i’ve played against maxx I like the idea (at least) of including torch. It would seem that being able to retrieval run ridiculously efficient breakers like 'star, femme, and torch help to mitigate the loss of econ cards that will happen when you’re playing her.

1 Like

3 IHW, 1 Utopia.

5 Likes

0 plastcrete 3 ihw, lots of econ.

Currently tinkering with a MaxX/extra clicks build. It’s coming… slowly. Mostly because of my limited card pool.

Hey Dan, just wanted to let you know that I did enter my first store championship in Phoenix and took first place this weekend (37 players). I did find pup better than Excalibur. Thanks again for that input. I also took your advice and bought a second core set so I could have 2 cores before entering :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Went 4-0 in a GNK tournament today with this deck:

ghettoblaster

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (15)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)[color=#32CD32] •••[/color]
1x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
1x Stimhack (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Wanton Destruction (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)[color=#32CD32] ••••• •[/color]
2x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static)[color=#4169E1] ••••[/color]

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead)[color=#32CD32] ••[/color]

Program (9)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Beat Blue Sun, NEH Grail, RP Grail, and HB something or other. Doppelganger was dirty all day, and the deck put enough pressure on centrals/trashed enough ice that I think a double femme/ret run plan might go in where ZU is. I knew I’ve Had Worse was going to be be the best card in the box for a long time, but holy hell that card laughs at Komainu/Pup/Tsurugi/Merlin.

2 Likes