Valencia, the combo Anarch?

Without any tutoring and a 50 card deck, is 3 1-ofs the way you want to roll? All I know is that once I finally do get my sentry breaker, I want it to do heavy lifting. Hence why NRE and D4v1d backup seems solid. I probably wouldn’t play out the NRE unless I can force an IHW trigger, am discarding an extra kati/grimoire, or if I’m locked out of datasuckers. Good-stuff Val doesn’t have many “dead” cards. If you drop too much econ because you’re temporarily flush on cash (for example), you may regret it down the line. Same with parasites and your second sucker.

With Inject, Clone Chips, Earthrise, IHW, Parasitesucker, and Blackmail, Val can find the threats she needs even if you can’t immediately find a key breaker.

I played a few games with the Cujo and with suckers online I actually found it to be pretty useful.

19 Likes

4 Likes

Just for context this was prompted by my telling Dan that the secret to Val and Netrunner is that “50 cards is the best cards.”

I agree that D4v1d + NRE are needed to complete your rig. This is what I’m currently testing :

Event (11)
3x Blackmail
2x Career Fair ••
3x I’ve Had Worse
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
3x Clone Chip ••••• •
2x Grimoire
2x Net-Ready Eyes ••••

Resource (14)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Daily Casts
3x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder
2x Mimic
2x Yog.0

Program (12)
1x Clot
2x D4v1d
3x Datasucker
2x Medium
3x Parasite
1x Self-modifying Code •••

The 1x SMC helps finding your breakers on time or the clot when needed. It also mitigates a bit the weakness to power shutdown (with the help of clone chip). Rest of the list is pretty standard. I’m still not 100% sold on the pancake engine vs earthrise + visage, need to do more testing.

I’m very similar. But I decided a few things. I liked Career Fair so much, I figured Modded would be just as good (and it is). I’m using internal inject to speed up my draws. But the core is essentially the same.

Pancakes for the Poor

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (16)

Hardware (6)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (8)

Program (9)

15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I played desperado at Regionals, but the mem from Grimoire is too good to pass up. You want a sucker, a d4v1d, and a medium on top of your suite. Liberated has helped monitarily. Pancakes is one of those things that when its on its like you’re playing another deck, and when its off you have to remember how to play without it. I’m not sure that it’s alternative is really better. Earthrise is kind of meh if you don’t have the career fair, and babies is good but slow. @spags prefers the babies I think, so its probably better, but there were 3-4 netready pancakes vying for top 8 spots at our regionals… the raw power of the combo is hard to ignore.

1 Like

Modded and career fair, two cards I have a super soft spot for :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Modded makes the memstrips play twice as good! :wink:

4 Likes

Two cards, 1 click, lots of legroom for programs you may, or most likely won’t, use too much. NIiiiiiiiiiiice

1 Like

I see you’ve given into the Memestrip love to the fullest.

-2 Grimoire +1 Memstrips +1 Turntable!

Modded is the perfect excuse to run the MemStrips.

“Now I have enough room for all my viruses”
-MemStrips 2016 campaign slogan

For reals though it’s a shame that the only realistic way for Anarchs to play with these non-Grimoire consoles is to either not play the sucker/parasite package or play a MemStrips.

I’ve been there, having MemStrips installed with 2-3 suckers online with room for a Medium and a Parasite or two, but I wish they didn’t make it so clunky. I guess it would be OP if it didn’t take having to play Memstrips to be able to have all your toys.

1 Like

I keep telling you guys that Progenitor is pretty damn good. It has saved my butt from many an Ichi/Cortex Lock/Next Gold now. Yes, order of install is important, but with 3 Datasuckers and 2 Mediums, you’re very likely going to be able to use it. Having room for multiple Datasuckers is really good. BFD Progenitor costs zero to install. With the revival of Power Shutdown that can be a minus, but in most cases “free” is a pretty sweet price.

3 Likes

I’m looking at Progenitor now that I’m playing with Net-Ready eyes, to prepare for the incoming Power Shutdownapocalypse.

1 Like

Eating or selling?

2 Likes

Memstrips is like getting the aisle seat on the plane. In business class.

2 Likes

Easy access to the bathroom, and you’re still getting where you need to go.

2 Likes

Memstrips: really convenient if you need a place to drop a bunch of turds.

Horchata de Cayambe

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (18)
2x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
2x Demolition Run (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
1x Special Order (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
2x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x MemStrips (Order and Chaos)
2x Net-Ready Eyes (Chrome City) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]
1x Turntable (Chrome City)

Resource (12)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
2x Ice Carver (Core Set)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) [color=#32CD32]••••• •••[/color]
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) [color=#708090]•[/color]
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (7)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

That is my Valencia decklist. Personal Workshop is an All-Star. Seriously, that card is the best.
Apart from getting more value from runs on unprotected Archives or those fueled by NRE, Datasuckers, Ice Carver as well as Cyberfeeder, you can host everything on there while being broke, which means you can continue pumping Kati, which increases her efficiency. Once the rig is more or less setup, I hardly pay anything for running at all. Against slower decks (RP and HB most prominently), this decks record is really great (I have yet to lose a game against RP on the table…). Butcher Shop and Fastrobiotics are toughies, you just have to hope to find your Mediums fast enough :wink:
And yes, it plays Memstrips. I might give progenitor a shot considering the higher likelihood of Power Shutdown in the future, but Progenitors provide too little MU over all. But I’ll try them :wink:

2 Likes

Definitely recommend going -1 Demo Run +1 David. David will definitely win you more games than Demo Run. Actually you might want the third Blackmail as well and drop the Demo Runs. I know they are awesome when they land, but Blackmail is kind of essential to get around Valencia’s click-heavy setup.

Ice Carver is probably the reason why you don’t have David–but it won’t cut it vs Curtain Wall.